Fluorine

Charli XCX

25 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

"at least perform the fan favorites"

Boys has more streams than every single Charli XCX track since Break the Rules in 2014. It has only just now been beaten by 360. 184m streams on Spotify. Charli has entire albums that dont even add up to that amount combined.

Yall keep talking about "I dont understand why she thinks people wanna hear Boys" like do yall live in an alternate dimension...

Streams do not equal fan favorites. We all understand it’s a business move to appeal to the general audiences and that’s fine - but we can still be upset lol

on a personal note, the amount of brat songs she isn’t performing is my issue. but the other opinions I mentioned are still valid coming from long time fans vs passive listeners, as long as they aren’t harassing Charli herself.

28 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

"at least perform the fan favorites"

Boys has more streams than every single Charli XCX track since Break the Rules in 2014. It has only just now been beaten by 360. 184m streams on Spotify. Charli has entire albums that dont even add up to that amount combined.

Yall keep talking about "I dont understand why she thinks people wanna hear Boys" like do yall live in an alternate dimension...

do you know what “fan favorite” means

giphy.gif

we have to remember that this is a double artist tour so whoever thought she would have time to perform all Brat songs then bad news yall. I told this once here but her biggest flop this era is having to share tours with such a good album. Brat deserves a solo tour asap. Of course no one would have thought this album would be so good but yeah she chose the wrong album to tour the way its being done... that being said, she looks amazing on stage + performing on arenas (!!!!!!!!) go for it girl

sometimes you guys make real offensive comments towards Troye - and not about his music or image, but real nasty and offensive comments
chill please, just accept that yes, he's one of Charli's best friends and music partners. that's not gonna change

about the SWEAT TOUR: i liked the setlist. i'm tired of some songs but it's a big tour with another artist and big crowds, it's nice to have radio hits in there
really happy too see Track 10 surviving the cut, tho. i wish that party 4 u could've done that too

Can anyone link a set list for tour? Specifically with shygirls set included?

ABRA - ADDISON RAE - AMAARAE - ARCA - BJÖRK - CARDOPUSHER - CAROLINE POLACHEK - CHARLI XCX - COBRAH - DOJA CAT - DOON KANDA - DUA LIPA - ELLIE GOULDING - ETHEL CAIN - FIONA APPLE - FKA TWIGS - GRIMES - HEIDI MONTAG - JANELLE MONÁE - KALI UCHIS - KELELA - KILO KISH - KISS FACILITY - KYLIE MINOGUE - LANA DEL REY - LORDE - MADONNA - OPN - PHOEBE BRIDGERS - PINKPANTHERESS - ROCHELLE JORDAN - ROSALÍA - SEGA BODEGA - SHYGIRL - SKY FERREIRA - SLAYYYTER - SOPHIE - SZA - T.A.T.U. - TAMARYN - TAYLOR SWIFT - TIM HECKER - TINASHE - TOMMY GENESIS

2 hours ago, love deluxe said:

do you know what “fan favorite” means

Yeah I do actually, and the fact that yall think every single stream on Boys is from a mystical hypothetical made up in your head "nonfan" and every other stream on every other "good" Charli song is done only by "real fans" shows you have the mental capacity of a middle schooler.

To say there arent fans that like Boys is just fucking stupid when its literally one of her most popular songs of all time.

Its easy to be stuck in an echo chamber on stantwitter and fan obsessed message boards like this but you have got to realize there are actually a lot of people who go to concerts who are casual fans who want to hear the big popular songs and not some obscure deepcuts from 2 albums ago.

12 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

Yeah I do actually, and the fact that yall think every single stream on Boys is from a mystical hypothetical made up in your head "nonfan" and every other stream on every other "good" Charli song is done only by "real fans" shows you have the mental capacity of a middle schooler.

To say there arent fans that like Boys is just fucking stupid when its literally one of her most popular songs of all time.

Its easy to be stuck in an echo chamber on stantwitter and fan obsessed message boards like this but you have got to realize there are actually a lot of people who go to concerts who are casual fans who want to hear the big popular songs and not some obscure deepcuts from 2 albums ago.

a fan favorite is literally a deep cut by definition though. also there’s really no need to curse or make generalizations to make your point. just nasty and rude to come at me like this when all i did was ask a question. but okay. :) 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, alan said:

sometimes you guys make real offensive comments towards Troye - and not about his music or image, but real nasty and offensive comments

THIS!

First it was Sam and now it’s Troye. It really do be your own community against you.

Anyways, the fomo this video gave me… :defeated: 

https://x.com/reputationxcx/status/1835125422964543950?s=46&t=hmbQpljFzprG-aYZYlEa_w

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

44 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Why are we arguing over the setlist when we could be joining hands in a circle to manifest Make you Mine’s release? :oprah3:

i really hope that you can achieve that release one day
''Brat and it's not the same because we have more bsides in it that still brat''

2 hours ago, cinnamon teeth said:

she 100% keeps boys so she can do the "where are my gay boys" thing and point at people. what we really need is pink diamond on this setlist :fabcat:

And her gay boys really rather have pink diamond 

Just my 2 pennies - In the discourse - all the comments are coming from a Charli centric perspective here on the setlist. Like it's a Charli tour and there's just a random Troye along for the ride.

But like - it's a joint tour.

Chances are - the setlist was curated with an eye towards what Troye fans might be receptive to or wanna hear as well, and vice versa. I hate Boys, but if the streams show it's up there in positive general reception (and by the count of basic over emotional single softboy f-slurs in my friend circle who lost their collective shit when that song came out for some reason...it's absolutely well recieved), and some market research shows the song will fly well with the overlap of Troye fans - then it's in the setlist. I'm sure there's some vice-versa going on in there too.

Charli's got a huge discography - nothing any of us can deny, but lets be real - for the concept of a joint tour - what gets played is going to be from a recent album + what is "accessible" and known in the context of the second artist, and lets be honest here - some of the "fan faves" are NOT exactly GP accessible tracks.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶