Trash Magic

"Life Is Beautiful" - Soundtrack for The Age of Adaline

I'm appalled at all the shade being thrown at Lana on her own fan site. I'm not saying you have to like every piece Lana puts out, but there's respectful ways to state your opinions on someone's work… 

But i havent seen any disrespectful comments about it lol

Some people on here are really disrespectful when they want to share their opinions though.

Some people on here are really disrespectful when they want to share their opinions though.

But im here since it dropped and i havent seen any disrespectul comments about the songs, some of them just are more direct but not like they saying "that shit is fucking trash dawg get the fuk off tha airwaves."

I'm appalled at all the shade being thrown at Lana on her own fan site. I'm not saying you have to like every piece Lana puts out, but there's respectful ways to state your opinions on someone's work… 

there's always a comment like this on pretty much every thread regarding new music. idk guys i feel like you just gotta accept this is a forum and people will type a little more directly. maybe even because you like the song you read the comments more negatively than they were intended to be bcos there's no tone/intonation on a message board aside from emoticons, and not every1 uses them.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Apparently not on the soundtrack either :(

"Age Of Adaline" Soundtrack Tracklisting

1. Simple Twist Of Fate – Bob Dylan
2. Don’t Watch Me Dancing – Little Joy
3. Since I Don’t Have You – The Skyliners
4. Drift Dive – The Antlers
5. Comin’ Back To Me – Jefferson Airplane
6. The Rainbow People – Dexter Gordon
7. Gimme Some Lovin’ – Sam & Dave
8. I’m Just A Jitterbug – Ella Fitzgerald, Chick Webb And His Orchestra
9. Tear For You My Dear – Martin Gibson & Jeromy Allinger
10. Brighter In The Night – Nancy McCallion
11. Goodnight – Stephen Lu
12. Auld Lange Syne – Stephen Lu

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/age-of-adaline-soundtrack-features-bob-dylan-jefferson-airplane-ella-fitzgerald-and-more-20150421

It DEFINITELY wasnt in the film when i watched it, but i'm in Australia so maybe it's different here. i have absolutely no idea. maybe there's a newer copy being circulated around with the song for it's release in america. i have absolutely no idea how this stuff works but nope, no song in aus?

Well the song's release was VERY sudden, considering the movie is coming out Friday in the US and usually the "theme song" or popular song of a movie is released or previewed several weeks before the release of the movie

smile.gif

Honestly, I like the song and if this is possibly what we could see in Honeymoon, then yay. Though it's weird tht it isn't on the soundtrack (or even the score). But we know it's coming out VERY soon

Inb4 it's the theme song for the european release considering lana is very popular over here and the european release is in ~mid july (watch the second verse actually being about mid july  :creep: )

i76mrxw.png 

No. Her soundtrack songs hold literally no importance to her albums.

Everyone who's saying this... What are y'all talking about? It has been proved REPEATEDLY that almost every single soundtrack song she's done (except OUAD and Big Eyes) were FOR HER OWN ALBUMS until she pitched them for movies. The demo for Young & Beautiful proves it was created before it was intended for Great Gatsby with the lines about Joplin and rock n' roll and Lana even SAID "I Can Fly" was originally for Honeymoon, but she modified it for Big Eyes.

This is probably on her album or was once intended for her album since we have known about this song for like 2-3years? You all screamed and begged for Born To Die 2.0/ Paradise 2.0 and now it sounds like yes Honeymoon will lean in that direction and now you're mad af? Idk... Y'all are so strange to me.

I thought it could've been for Honeymoon since it's not on the soundtrack but Dan Heath tweeted "check out this beauty @@lanadelrey and I did for @AgeOfAdaline . very happy to be a part of it!" Implying they made it specifically for the movie, right?

No. Her soundtrack songs hold literally no importance to her albums.

This! So can people stop complaining about Honeymoon now, because this song probably won't be like anything on her new album, plus I read that she's had thing song ready since 2012 for this movie (literally read in the comments on this site so dont quote me on that) so its definatley not going to sound like her new stuff. 

qsVmBMd.png

@@HunterAshlyn Yes, they were intended for albums, but what I'm saying is it's not like they were fully produced and just picked up and placed in a film as opposed to an album. There's a reason they didn't make the albums in the end. The songs are tweaked to fit the sound of the film (questionable for LIB, seeing as it's not within the film itself). Lyrically, I can see songs being intended for albums, but like Lana and Heath said a million times over, the songs were carefully composed to fit Danny Elfman's score, and Y&B was constantly being tweaked to Luhrman's liking. The song holds importance yes, but I what I'm trying to say is that its not a direct reflection of the sonic or direction of Honeymoon.

And I wasn't complaining, so I hope that wasn't directed at me.

Everyone who's saying this... What are y'all talking about? It has been proved REPEATEDLY that almost every single soundtrack song she's done (except OUAD and Big Eyes) were FOR HER OWN ALBUMS until she pitched them for movies. The demo for Young & Beautiful proves it was created before it was intended for Great Gatsby with the lines about Joplin and rock n' roll and Lana even SAID "I Can Fly" was originally for Honeymoon, but she modified it for Big Eyes.

Really the only soundtrack song we know that was specifically for an album is Young and Beautiful. She talked about I Can Fly being a song she already had written, but as far as I know she never confirmed it was intended for Honeymoon. The only time I've seen her talking about reworking I Can Fly  is in this Billboard interview, where she talks about rewriting the lyrics for the film, but she doesn't mention Honeymoon or any connections to it.