Trash Magic

"Life Is Beautiful" - Soundtrack for The Age of Adaline

Inb4 they just wanted her to promote the film lfmao it did work tho it got on all the musix blogs

It's so strange

If they use Lana to promote the movie but her song is not actually in it, that can only lead to negative responses from the audience, and nobody wants that 

Maybe they will quickly edit it into the movie at the last minute and release it as a standalone single or something...

I read on atrl from someone who saw an early screening that they played the song during the movie but not in the credits, I think they might post a lyric video on Friday to promote the movie to encourage people to go see it over the weekend, then it'll maybe come out on iTunes next Tuesday.

I agree, and in fact, I don't understand why people on this specific board should be negative about anything at all.

Negativity kills. And day after day, like in comments from day one about Lana anywhere, someone has to come around and post something negative.

Is it really so hard to be positive? And how would those know what a full song that could be 4 minutes long sound like with just 1 minute worth of song?

I myself like what I hear and anytime there is a day with a new song, it's a great day in my opinion.

and if this is not on Honeymoon, then hopefully will be stand-alone on ITunes.

One day we all are going to get some really great unreleased box sets with the 300 (and by that time so many more) or so not on album songs Lana has done in her life.

Just like Dylan and the Dead and Springstreen

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

do you realize off the cuff comments like this could come back and haunt during voting for Oscars? Where negativity is played up?
Are comments like this the reason Lana did not get nominated the last 2 years?
Really, if one is a fan on a lana board, one should have some consideration and not just blah blah blah some info that really, should be kept unsaid.

Because Oscar has specific rules.

I can Fly wasn't used for the Oscars so it didn't matter. And Once upon a Dream wasn't original and it has to be original version not remake when a remake movie is made to qualify

(though Oscars should change their rules like screenplay and have two-

best original and best adapted for film)

edit to add- there was suppose to be a quote of a post above, but it did not show up, my comments were based on a response on the last page)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

There will always be positive as well as negative comments on every thread and board on this earth.

I for one, love Lana lots, but I don't blindly think everything she does is always good. Some of her

material is the best of the best IMO, and some fricken sucks IMO. just like every great artist in the world.

Its a forum for fans, and everyone is free to express their feelings. not like anything on here is important

or will effect Lizzy in anyway. I like to stay positive about stuff too.. but that just comes down to people's

maturity levels.

I really dont know of any way i could possibly have missed the song playing during the movie, I literally went to see it just to listen to the song LMAOO- the movie was absolutely incredible though- and i'm almost certain it didnt play, i definitely didnt hear it, but what people are saying is making me doubt myself a lotttt right now, but i still am sure i didnt hear the song play throughout the movie at all, but this is in Australian cinemas, perhaps it's a completely different thing here together.
The movie's out now in America, right? So hopefully we get some news

If the song isnt in the film at all, why are they trying to use it to promote Age of Adaline? 
If it isnt in the film, it cant be nominated for any awards, can it?
It sounds like at this point we could /actually/ be getting a taste of our first honeymoon single

I'm going to see it today, but it's really upsetting that the song is not a big part of the film (at least role it during the credits :crossed: ). Pretty bummed, so hopefully I like the movie.

It seems when Lana first posted about how she liked the film, the producers/director was like "Oh, Lana, you should contribute a song for promo" and Lana was like "Sure, I have this unreleased song that would fit perfectly, here ya go :bored: "

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I don't believe in the slightest that she just "gave" them an unreleased song, she would've reworked it lyrically/sonically for the film in some aspect.

Well probably not, I just made up a stupid scenario since the song was announced just before the film came out.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Artists recycle their unreleased work all the time, why all the complaints on originality of Lana's soundtrack? An album's sound is highly determined by the production work as well, so if a demo is not produced how the hell do we even know if it is for a particular era?