Sitar

Lana Performs Unreleased Songs at the Endless Summer Tour

If what was said is true - that Interscope asked why she'll be singing unreleased songs and she said it's because she felt like it then I doubt they'll be on the album, wouldn't Interscope know the track list in advance? EIther way, I'm excited to see what she'll play tonight, if the setlist will be different or not.

NO!!!!!!!!! there is no rumour that she rerecorded Serial Killer, some dumb & annoying 11 year old child made it up on tumblr and now it's getting traction + spreading that it's a rumour. I'm not saying it's not possible that she has, but atm there is no rumour nor speculation that she has.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

These are my readings after her first show:

1. The stage was gorgeous, in this department she clearly improved compared with her previous tours

2. The sound was good, she sung better with the backing vocals, I liked nearly all the videos from the show. She was relaxed and confident

3. In my opinion she used her unreleased material to change the pace of her set, which was normally extended for the big venues and risked to become to monotonous 

4. I don't think that the unreleased material used in her show will be a part of HM because her label didn't like it and they have some control over her next release (unless she is in a war again with her label and that would probably end their collab) 

5. Some songs from UV are just not suited for singalongs in concerts (FMWTT) and I don't think that she wants to emphasize those songs anymore (otherwise why was she embarrassed by UV saying that she went to far?) UV is an exeption the melody is too good

6. Because of the unreleased material she had chosen I expect a faster paced album and I don't expect the new era to begin during her tour like UV

It will be interesting to see if she debuts other unreleased songs and if there will be some changes for the set.

Songs like Ride, Carmen, Young & Beautiful and Body Electric don't have to come up for this tour, same for Million Dollar Man, tbh.

Totally agree.

I hope Black Beauty and PWYC will happen at one point, I think it could easily happen.

I could imagine Lana suddenly saying to her guitarist: Okay, now it's you and me let's do it!! And then they just improvise the song, like how it was created also

It'd be cool if she did something like Trilogy by The Weeknd with her unreleased material. Like, re-record old songs and put them out on mixtapes/EP's and then release it as one huge product.

I'd say more Ultraviolence and less BTD/P on future set lists. Would be lovely to hear Black Beauty and Old Money for example. :flutter: FMWUTTT and MPG also, but I think it's unlikley she'll sing them unfortunately.

I think we can kind of expect the new single added to the set list once the video is out, though.  :hooker:

If the songs were for Honeymoon she would have said something about them being new album tracks and not expected fans to just know them. They are pretty obviously not on HM. No one premiers 3 album tracks and says nothing about it.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Courtney fucking rocked hard, she was sexy, she kept teasing the crowd for being so young with comments like "I wrote this one when y'all were fetuses!" And when her show ended she yelled "fuck off!" And went off stage she was great

I wish Courtney was playing at my show in AC. I would be SCREAMING for her... love her so much. I would feel blessed if she called me a fetus and told me to fuck off... so blessed

I AM SCREAMING

Serial Killer is registered, Peter Ibsen confirmed it, most likely it will be a part of Honeymoon  :flutter:

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I know I'm repeating myself but I can't help to emphasize how I feel like this was a definite turning point in perhaps her career, it was lightyears away from what we could have expected and I feel like this is completely game changing. I have no idea how the industry or the record houses work so I don't know the implications but I have so many questions too. She could change anything in seconds by deciding either to never play these songs again (but hearing her speech I don't think it'll be the case) or by playing them more and more or what do I know else.

Also I don't know if these Neon Dreams rumours are true, but that would be the icing on the cake, I have a gut feeling that she's determined to reclaim her fame, for x reasons, to forget Ultraviolence (I would be sad if it was this though) or something, but in her reactions to the critics in the article cited above or the fact that she sang the song because she WANTED to, she seemed to have a bit of a renewed fuck you attitude and I'm so here for this.

Serial Killer though. I'm still not over it. This song is my life. Her pleasure seemed palpable. And she looked so hoooot. I'd give my right kidney to watch it live

tbh her forgetting UV kinda makes sense. all the negative stuff like the "I wish I was dead article" &  the feminism thing & plus all the awkward attention - its all understandable. 

and yes omg Serial Killer has gotten me obsessed with it again so much that I've changed my usernames & got it on repeat since yesterday. 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

excited to see what the setlist is tonight, if she adds or removes any songs. apparently she was sound checking different songs last night (mdm, g&m). i just hope she keeps the unreleased for most of the tour, what an experience that would be to see live  :flutter:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_stati

I'm kind of angry at this setlist tbh she sings COVERS and random unreleased instead of Black Beauty, Florida Kilos and Ultraviolence songs like MPG and FMWTTT? Can you believe if she sang OLD MONEY instead of Chelsea Hotel? People wouldn't sit down and almost fall asleep. They would bow down and cry and it would be all over the news. :defeated: She did one verse acapella last year and that's it.  :deadbanana:

Y'all excited for Serial Killer but is it because you didn't hear I don't wanna go (tonight) (such a powerful song that made me freaking cry!)? Velvet Crowbar? Hollywood's dead? Driving in cars with boys (not the minnie mouse version...the one with her real vocals)? All these songs are singles-worthy. Even DUM DUM (amazing)!   

Imagine if her last song was FLORIDA KILOS LIVE! People would lose their mind and I'm sure she would have so much fun singing that but she's not into that  :toofunny: She just leaves the stage without looking back  :crossed: She needs to read this or hire me ASAP! 

what kind of parallel world you live in 

I don't even know you guys.....

I am perched and nervous for her to reveal ANYTHING at this point. However, I am grimacing at the fact that we probably won't even hear 1 new Honeymoon song on this tour.

uvCJOVU.gif

excited to see what the setlist is tonight, if she adds or removes any songs. apparently she was sound checking different songs last night (mdm, g&m). i just hope she keeps the unreleased for most of the tour, what an experience that would be to see live  :flutter:

They sound checked those songs last show too, but I hope she does switch up the setlist often

I think Lana's decision to kind of mix up her set list and do some unreleased as well is very exciting. I'd love to see more surface live, means a lot for the fans who've been dreaming of that for a long time. A combo of some BTD, UV, covers, and those seems perfect to me.

Honestly I won't mind if she doesn't perform anything from Honeymoon while on tour. Obv it would be awesome if she did but perhaps she's gonna let the anticipation build and release the album afterwards or something. Just a theory. I'm aching for that new music video though, ugh.