Sign in to follow this  
thatsomason

Honeymoon Merch?

Have you heard the UV picture discs? They're great for me, better than any of my colored or black vinyls at the same weight.

I have almost all her picture discs and they all sound high quality(except blue velvet for some reason )but the UV picture disc sounds just as crisp and clear as the mp3 to me

I have, I own them..........They sound nice but they could sound a lot better, and honestly, the black 180g does sound better. Less surface noise, crisper audio, better highs and lows. As someone who owns hundreds of records and has dumped thousands into audio equipment, I can confidently say that the picture disc (while it does sound better than a lot of picture discs I own) doesn't sound as good as the black 180g pressing. Also I don't know what you're listening on but 99% of the time your record should always sound better than the mp3, unless you're destroying listening to your records on a crosley.

I think this is a far out idea, but maybe she could have the box sets smell like honey or her favorite flowers? Sort of like how Marina's box set for the FROOT vinyls were "scratch-n-sniff" if I'm not mistaken, or how Katy Perry's Teenage Dream cover initially smelled like cotton candy once you opened the wrapping?

Why do you guys not like digipaks? I prefer them to jewels cases bc jewel cases feel so cheap and tacky, digipaks feel nicer and better quality

what @ said, and also you can replace broken or roughed up jewel cases and to do that with digipaks you just have to buy the whole CD again

H0bDaqU.gif

Sort of like how Marina's box set for the FROOT vinyls were "scratch-n-sniff" if I'm not mistaken

There was just a scratch an sniff sticker on the jacket, the records/jackets themselves weren't scented. I'm pretty sure anything beyond that would leave the record open to damage compromising the sound

I think this is a far out idea, but maybe she could have the box sets smell like honey or her favorite flowers? Sort of like how Marina's box set for the FROOT vinyls were "scratch-n-sniff" if I'm not mistaken, or how Katy Perry's Teenage Dream cover initially smelled like cotton candy once you opened the wrapping?

A cover like your avi pic and honey/flower scented would be PERFECTION :flutter:

Why do you guys not like digipaks? I prefer them to jewels cases bc jewel cases feel so cheap and tacky, digipaks feel nicer and better quality

It depends on who's the owner lol I always try to keep my digipaks clean or w/e because they get "old" and ugly really fast... But I have to admit that most of them are really beautiful and are worth to buy as digipaks... Vulnicura is a great example. 

A cover like your avi pic and honey/flower scented would be PERFECTION :flutter:

My avi pic actually is an album cover! Check out "Night Drive" by Chromatics, they make some cool indie/pop/electronic/rock hybrid music (lead singer's voice isn't everyone's cup of tea)

EDIT: SORRY! IM AN IDIOT AND I CANT READ

I love digipacks but hers so far haven't been great, the CDs that come with the Paradise and UV boxsets don't fold very well and seem flimsy

My avi pic actually is an album cover! Check out "Night Drive" by Chromatics, they make some cool indie/pop/electronic/rock hybrid music (lead singer's voice isn't everyone's cup of tea)

EDIT: SORRY! IM AN IDIOT AND I CANT READ

You know I've actually been on a Chromatics kick recently! I love the movie Drive (TICK OF THE CLOCK IS EVERYTHING) and they were in the Lost River soundtrack. Other than that I'm not to familiar w/them, have any specific song recs to start?

A deluxe edition that has all the tracks on it, no itunes exclusives or not being able to get a cd with all, in the case of Ultraviolence, 16 tracks on it. In a jewel case.

Booklet with lyrics

Vinyl release(s) of course

Deluxe boxset similar to Ultraviolence

(I'm a simple man, i don't expect much)

CJjib6A.jpg

1 Deluxe digipak with bonus tracks ONLY for the box set

1 Double LP Gatefold vinyl, with a lyric book and deluxe tracks

4 Art Prints 12x12 (One exclusive to the box set)

1 vinyl single with the song honeymoon and an etched other side with lana del rey's signature

and a jewelry item with honeymoon or lana del rey engraved in it

That would be so magical I'd pay 100 definitely 

I would like something like looks inspired. The paradise box set was so beautiful and there was so much attention to detail with the CD labels and the sleeves in the digipak. Everything had a place and purpose that went with the theme of the album(s). I think something where each piece is thought out and its not a black and white/flowery mass that kind of just looks pretty but has no real direction would be great. I'm probably biased and asking for a lot as I really, really love merchandise like that (its my dream job to design products for artists) but I just really appreciate something that is aesthetically pleasing and has artistic value in relation to the music too.

I'd also almost prefer a box set like the Paradise one where there was no 12" if that meant getting a video disk and remixes. Ideally, I wish it came with a digipak of the album's instrumentals on one disk and acapellas on the other but I kind of understand why labels don't do that. I hope there is an exclusive picture or colored disk for the vinyl, maybe through RSD or like the UO release. I'd even take a box set with the vinyl like UV if it was really well done. And, as I said earlier in the thread, the 7" picture singles are an absolute must.

Honeymoon is just such a pretty word to build a potential aesthetic around. :flutter: I could see it going so many directions. I just hope the merch is pretty for my inner collector's sake. I like other artists as much as Lana but don't collect their stuff because its not as visually pleasing as hers.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I would like her to bring back 7" singles but also for her to bring back proper b-side songs!

and instead of having a deluxe edition, iTunes edition, Target edition etc I want her to just have 1 singular standard edition.

But I do want the vinyl and CD to look really pretty. Lots of really good imagery. Still like the work she did with Neil but the photos included in the packaging

I want the singles to be released on both CD and vinyl. The whole album on a single vinyl that comes with either a CD or HQ mp3s, art prints, lyrics sheet. 

yes! i saved so much money just buying the vinyl with the included CD of Marina's FROOT