Sitar

"Honeymoon" Song/Video Preview (UPDATE: 2nd Snippet)

The second snippet is beautifully sad. Those who expected a more poppier sound can leave the bandwagon now. I'm more convinced that she's going the dark queen route and she doesn't give a shit about more exposure. I can't wait for the queen to give me more of those beautiful sad anthems

The second snippet is beautifully sad. Those who expected a more poppier sound can leave the bandwagon now. I'm more convinced that she's going the dark queen route and she doesn't give a shit about more exposure. I can't wait for the queen to give me more of those beautiful sad anthems

Yes! Exactly! I don't want her to turn into a complete pop music artist. All I want is her to continue the music she's been doing.

Yes, like Vertigo mentioned above, she shouldn't change a thing. I mean thats what makes her Lana right? 

If she changed her entire sound and style to a happy, fun uptempo style of music, she would lose her magic IMO.

And Lana will do what she wants to do. All great artists do that. Come fame or flame..

shes had plenty of both.  :eek:

@carcrashbandicot

If Lana does TV, how great would it be if she was the first guest singer or first week, on the new Steve Colbert show in September.

I would assume she never wants to have anything to do with NBC again (especially as they are keeping internet bully Brian Williams who said that awful thing about her), so that would

take away Fallon and Meyers and the Today Show.

CBS where she had the very successful Letterman appearance would seem like a great fit. And everyone is going to be watching Colbert the first week he is on

If the timing is right, and someone high up thinks of doing this, and if Colbert's booker is cool and hip, it would be perfect

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I love the way she sings the word Pleasurable

I have been a big Pet Shop Boy fan since Day 1, and Neil Tennant over the years sang words like no one else until Lana came along

Check the way he sings Vulnerable  in the same titled song

Many of the PSB songs are very dark

(one day would love a Lana / Pet Shop boy duet)

The highly literate song "being boring" is very how do you say Lanaesque in its symbolism

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

In case anyone doesn't know- my comment on Stephen Colbert in response #226-

In September he is starting after replacing the now retired David Letterman and in this show- he will be The real Stephen Colbert, he won't be playing a character as he was on his political show

It will be a regular talk show with monologue/skits/actors/singers/etc.

September 8 is the first show I think.

@carcrashbandicot

If Lana does TV, how great would it be if she was the first guest singer or first week, on the new Steve Colbert show in September.

I would assume she never wants to have anything to do with NBC again (especially as they are keeping internet bully Brian Williams who said that awful thing about her), so that would

take away Fallon and Meyers and the Today Show.

CBS where she had the very successful Letterman appearance would seem like a great fit. And everyone is going to be watching Colbert the first week he is on

If the timing is right, and someone high up thinks of doing this, and if Colbert's booker is cool and hip, it would be perfect

if she played on Fallon and some of the members of The Roots got to back her up plus her regular band- i would die. dead. on the floor. me no more. 

but really, i will take anything. i am a beggar at the feet of the queen, i'm eating crumbs (snippets) but i want some CAKE 

Yeah hopefully she has some good melodies. But remember no one liked the SoC lyrics when they leaked  :hooker:

well, true. but a chorus that goes

our honeymoon

our honeymoon

say you love me, too

say you love me, too

dark blue

dark blue

Slay that Fellini influence, I guess  :toofunny:

I loved the first snippet, but when I heard her sing it live, I REALLY loved the part I heard. But this most recent snippet has honestly bored me a little bit. I'm still hoping for a build-up in tempo since the lyrics don't really suggest that it's a sad song.

However, I don't think this album will be a bore. If it's true that LIB and MTWBT (which is pretty much a given) is going to be on HM, I think there will be enough balance.

I have been a big Pet Shop Boy fan since Day 1, and Neil Tennant over the years sang words like no one else until Lana came along

The highly literate song "being boring" is very how do you say Lanaesque in its symbolism

Yes. Yes. In love with this concept.

rihKQ8M.gif

As a huge PSB fan, love everything you're saying here.

They both capture indescribable longing very well, the little details that pass us by that say so much. The lingering thoughts that won't shut off.

I'm sure they appreciate LDR, and I wouldn't be surprised if she enjoys theirs work, too. If not yet, someday. Existentialist pop demands it.

people calling others 'bandwagon fans' because they don't like one song by her  :awkney: y'all are acting like Beliebers

stop acting like everything lana does is 100% perfect and if someone doesn't like it then they're not a true fan

RVhKIwP.gif

people calling others 'bandwagon fans' because they don't like one song by her  :awkney: y'all are acting like Beliebers

stop acting like everything lana does is 100% perfect and if someone doesn't like it then they're not a true fan

This doesn't go to anyone in particular, but also don't go for the ones who do like this, you don't like it, good, we do, good too, everybody in peace!

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif