Sign in to follow this  
androoschultz

Honeymoon followed Neil Krug on Instagram

His work was truly gorgeous for UV and, imo, he gave us her best shoots of all time. That being said, I don't know if his style will work for Honeymoon; he capture the vibe of the UV era so perfectly in the photos, but I don't know if he'll be able to do the same thing for Honeymoon.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't want more 'Let's take a photo that looks like it could've been taken with an iPhone, slap some steelfish bold on it, and make it the cover' nonsense.

This is insulting. You can dislike Neil's style but do not discredit his work.

I'd like if they do something like that Eclipse #1 photo he posted months ago, that was stunning. But I prefer him as a long time collaborator just for #thesakeofart rather than doing the photoshoot for yet another album.

This is insulting. You can dislike Neil's style but do not discredit his work.

I'd like if they do something like that Eclipse #1 photo he posted months ago, that was stunning. But I prefer him as a long time collaborator just for #thesakeofart rather than doing the photoshoot for yet another album.

I'm not discrediting his work... I actually like his other photos a lot. It was the UV cover that I really didn't like. As far as everything else goes, I really think he captured the era nicely.

Wasn't there a first album cover (the picture in which she's smoking ?) that got replaced by the one we have now ?

Yeah, that was the one that Chuck shot, it got used for promo instead.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Y'all should know that it's not Nicole's fault her pics look overly-photoshopped, shut up. Besides, the retouch done is fairly excellent compared to other photographers' disasters.

image.png

I think Krug did not only capture the Ultraviolence vibe but a whole sense of aesthetics that they both share, I feel their art connected beyond this record only.

Moreover I'm wondering how you can tell if Krug's work would fit Honeymoon when all we have is two snippets ; and to my opinion it absolutly would. We'll see but I really hope that they keep working together as the result always marvels me.

Whereas Nodland's photographs are... meh. Vapid, to me.

I think Krug did not only capture the Ultraviolence vibe but a whole sense of aesthetics that they both share, I feel their art connected beyond this record only.

Moreover I'm wondering how you can tell if Krug's work would fit Honeymoon when all we have is two snippets ; and to my opinion it absolutly would. We'll see but I really hope that they keep working together as the result always marvels me.

Right. Literally the aesthetics of Honeymoon will be determined by Neil if he shoots the cover so to say he wouldn't fit at this point is...weird. It's what Lana chooses to convey and not our assumptions. Just look at all the early Ultraviolence fanmade covers--they were based on the "so dark it's almost unlistenable" comments and were somehow all weirdly fancy or like...demonic :toofunny: Then we got psychedelic desert rock

I am way less concerned about his skills and style than rather about Lana's choices for hair, make-up and clothes this time around. The awful, awful lip liner, the dress from the Golden Globes, and that awful dark purple lipstick in the honeymoon snippet.

I think it very difficult for artists to find a photgrapher who really captures what their are going for. It's not that easy at all. I think his work with her was great. I prefer it over Nicole's.

and also: he started following the honeymoon account the day she got her new hair? interesting.

I am way less concerned about his skills and style than rather about Lana's choices for hair, make-up and clothes this time around. The awful, awful lip liner, the dress from the Golden Globes, and that awful dark purple lipstick in the honeymoon snippet.

I think it very difficult for artists to find a photgrapher who really captures what their are going for. It's not that easy at all. I think his work with her was great. I prefer it over Nicole's.

and also: he started following the honeymoon account the day she got her new hair? interesting.

He's better than Nicole but people wont see it because they are too blinded by their love of BTD era

I don't care who shoots the cover, but i would like for it to fit the pink/purple vibe i'm getting from the album.. and get rid of that damn steelfish font 

i actually like nicole's photoshoots with lana. lana usually looks beautiful in them and the pictures itself look nice (except for the photoshop but it's weird that the blue jeans photos don't even looks as photoshopped compared to the final paradise cover, which was re-edited solely for the cover again??). neil is a good photographer and i usually think the colours and "filters" he choose did fit the photos for different magazines perfectly. but it's mostly lana's fault that his photos are terrible because she has the worst make up and most boring outfits ever (not in all photos but i'm talking about the uv shoot rn). he even instagramed better outtakes than the photos we've officially got.

i76mrxw.png 

I don't care who shoots the cover, but i would like for it to fit the pink/purple vibe i'm getting from the album.. and get rid of that damn steelfish font 

Her Rainbow font is one of the few "iconic" fonts I have seen in a while, It may look plain but it has its own style and it comes off as strong and very readable