Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

and I just had another thought  :creep:

As Lana is so strongly connected to these buzzwords which go into her music or become album titles, I feel like that can be hindering to writing a song sometimes.

Like I was never a fan of the song Ultraviolence, I don't like the lyrics. it sounds like she named the album and THEN wrote a title track, so the song would kind of be limited to having to include that word or whatever and I feel like that is the same for Honeymoon. Born To Die was totally different as the song had already been written and all these other album titles were floating around her head, and that song is definitely one of her best. 

Ultraviolence was named Melancholia before, after the album name she renamed it and i guess rewrote it

Why does everyone associate repetitive choruses with laziness? The way I see it, she has moved away from simply telling stories to capturing a specific moment/idea/atmosphere. It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

because the chorus only consists of 9 different words repeated again and again in a total of 3 phrases - two of which are barely phrases at all?

Don't get me wrong, I love the song - but her lyrics in this particular song (especially in the chorus) aren't even close to being the standard of most songs on BTD.

I also think Lana is a good enough lyricist to capture a moment/idea/atmosphere with strong punchy choruses, without resorting to essentially the song title repeated, followed by 2 short phrases which rhyme with it, repeated.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

The only big issue that I have with the lyrics is this unnecessary depiction of her love interest as a violent mafioso. I'm trying to imagine Barrie, Francesco or the WoW player from VG with some guns and a bad boy attitude and the result is just ridiculous. Some people compared HM with VG but I think the former was something relatable and authentic compared with this film noir vignette of HM which is clearly fiction and just a mean to showcase her vocal skills. She has a certain talent in creating these vignettes but I hope that there will be no more bad boy caricatures on HM because I think that would drag the whole thing down.

I don't think she's in the business of describing any human lovers at this point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_of_Christ

For some reason I think a song like Trash would work perfectly well on the album, not saying I want that specific song on it, just a song like that could end up being there.

Because we have already agreed the album will be trash and her dying career will finally be over :hooker:

For some reason I think a song like Trash would work perfectly well on the album, not saying I want that specific song on it, just a song like that could end up being there.

I want a track with a spoken word section  :hooker:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey