Nick

Selena Gomez

This album is chalked full of fillers and has an awkward order tbh, the album would've been 10x more iconic and impactful if it was only these 10 songs ;

01. Dance Again

02. Fun

03. Let Me Get Me

04. Cut You Off

05. Ring

06. Look At Her Now

07. Crowded Room (feat. 6LACK)

08. Vulnerable

09. Rare

10. Lose You To Love Me

Really bizarre but I went into HMV today and this album was hidden in her artists section, not on new releases or trending? Surely an album (deluxe edition) that boasts so many 'hits' would be front in centre... plus following Revival's success I'd assume there'd be some hype for this from the GP

After her 2017 great songs and the two new singles I was really excited to listen to this album. It turned to be the most forgettable and bland thing I've listened to, sry

omg me too, totally not what i expected. thought she would go with a more dark sound like stained with the lyrical excellence of bad liar - a "seven heavens" concept era w petra collins imagery. i'm imagining her w that blond bob  :defeated: it's still cute tho

R5sPD4M.jpg

I like Vulnerable and People You Know (haven't played them very much yet though so idk if my mind would change, like I can imagine the word "people" becoming annoying etc.), but that's about it so far. I felt too many songs sounded the same.

Ring, Rare and Cut You Off are my top 3 non singles

I also liked Crowded Room but didn't liked 6Lack verse (which is weird I usually really liked him)

All the others were OK I guess, this would've worked better as an EP or smaller album

8nl2OpX.png

kinda her worst album. i actually don’t know what to say. i love rare and look at her now. some songs have like good song elements but they just never go anywhere and some songs are not enjoyable at all. it’s like an album with songs that are ALMOST there. i think cut you off is good and can stay but almost every other song is filler it’s so weird. and i find the dancier songs like people you know and let me get me so weird they almost don’t even fit in even even when look at her now is right there. it seems like everyone is eating it up so it doesn’t really matter but i can’t find the words to explain what i’m trying to say. it’s just really an album that was ALMOST there. it reminds me of something a pop girl would release right before their *BIG* album, almost every song can be sung by someone else and i think that’s what getting to me

album is 9/10. did it top Revival? maybe. anyone can say anything they want, but Crowded Room is the best song on the record. that melody is infectious. and something about it just makes it such a VIBE and a mood i stg. its like a song to have a date to

this album is way better than revival, as much as I love that album there are a few songs that I only listen to when I'm in the mood to play the full album but most of the time I skip them, also she literally followed the path of bad liar and fetish (like, most of the songs on the album were recorded at the same time that those two were) idk, for me it is perfect, obviously fun and ring are the most bland songs on it but I still like them

giphy.gif

Other than her health issues there was legit no reason for this album to take 5 years after Revival... As mentioned a large portion of this record is the original 2017 album, she even confirmed that the album cover was shot 1 and a half years ago... So like, what were they doing?

you’re trashing this album so much when it’s actually really cool and well made. there are no fillers and these are some of her most beautiful songs ever. love how some of them really sound like bad liar, which was my fave back then. so...stream rare.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

As I like Selena I bought the deluxe CD. It‘s def a grower and I enjoyed the CD so much more than just streaming it. Also the cover of the deluxe looks much better in real than in online stores. But I still would have loved to get the same cover for the deluxe as the normal edition has.

Rare, Dance Again, Let Me Get Me, Fun, It Ain't Me and Wolves are my favs

Other than her health issues there was legit no reason for this album to take 5 years after Revival... As mentioned a large portion of this record is the original 2017 album, she even confirmed that the album cover was shot 1 and a half years ago... So like, what were they doing?

i guess they added a few things to the productions, but there are also lots of songs that were cut from the final like feel me which was supossed to be on it back then

Oh, and she made another two albums in this time, one was christian pop and then the one who followed the path of it ain't me, wolves and back to you (but i think that we got some songs from this one on rare just like vulnerable)

giphy.gif