sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

I find it funny that some people take lana's description of her albums as "none sense" "she doesn't know what she's talking about!!!1" But so far it's been pretty accurate. She described the album as a futureretro record with jazz and trap (hip hop)

Honeymoon song sounds like an old 1950s movie soundtrack. Down to the strings. They do not sound modern like BTD.

HBTB sound so modern and commercial.

Plus the image of her (video still) carrying a scifi gun in a vintage dress ties everything together. The album cover will be something along those lines I bet.

so with all this in mind, what the fuck is Music To Watch Boys To gonna be? :slayty:

She's obvs gonna be watching boys through a sniper

And the music will be the cries of all of us responding to this picture

It's Lanas version of a tour music video

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

They finally took it down from youtube and tumblr, I read on ATRL that the tumblr owner's IP address was sent to Interscope, is that even possible?

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

as for repeated use of words/memes/ etc-  That is a positive thing. That is a good thing. Why make it into a negative?

That is a tenet T.S. Eliot used all the time.

Not to shabby to be the modern day T.S. Eliot, don't one think?

When one hears Lana singing a Lana song, one immediately knows it's Lana.

Every person behind Lana is like every person in a Conga line after the leader.

Lana in effect is Sgt. Pepper leading the band of imitators

As for leaks- if one doesn't want to hear a leak, DON'T.

And anyhow, if one does, so what? Come the official release buy it play it click it stream it repeat repeat

That way one can have it count officially.  Seems a no-brainer to me

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Anyways, I think Lana will return to her hip hop routes even more so this era esp after the release of HBTB. I guess she posted Rihanna's video on Honeymoon instagram for a reason. HBTB is a very radio friendly pop trap urban song. As soon as I heard that they played the song at iHeart..I knew immediately that it's going to be very commercial. 

And it is. I can see it being HUGE on radio and it will probably end up being her biggest hit tbh.

I was hoping for iheart radio deal because it was played there already and the fact that she's under new management now. 

CAM management.

The Weeknd song with Lana is also very urban and commercial and probably be another hit before the album drops. I foresee her being huge this era. 

They finally took it down from youtube and tumblr, I read on ATRL that the tumblr owner's IP address was sent to Interscope, is that even possible?

Yes lmao it's really easy to get someone's IP address. The question is whether they were using a fake one or not.

9ISvyf0.gif

This is awful and petty of me, but seeing fans who expected Lana to continue releasing slow, sad songs forever get mad and accuse her of trying to get commercial success makes me a tiny bit happy. It's Lana taking over us, throwing us a curve ball. She's reminding us she does what she wants.

I was so right in talking about the BTD demos because feel-wise this fits. But it's not rehashed either, because I can't think of a song in her catalog that sounds like this. The lyrics aren't impressive, but neither were Honeymoon's and at least these have bite to them.

Can every person saying it's about Barrie back that up though? Like why him and not some other ex, or an imaginary ex?

Personally I don't give a fuck what tempo the damn songs are but desert rock Lana will always be my favourite Lana. She does the genre justice.

She's obvs gonna be watching boys through a sniper

And the music will be the cries of all of us responding to this picture

It's Lanas version of a tour music video

#MusicToShootBoysTo