Just Cherry

Wayamaya

Well, I am not a native english speaker :smokes3:  And I was in high speed scribbling this :grr:

To be fair Lysergic isn't a common word, hehehe (and probably not in the dictionary)

Also I forgot to say, everytime she says "beautiful" my life flashes before my eyes and I go from hell to heaven and back. This word is definitely forever engraved in my mind as being related to Lana

ZKcaooE.png

Wow. I'm completely blown away by this track. This is by far my favourite out of the batch of new leaks, and I see everyone else obsessing over it as well. It's this perfect bake of Bentley mixed together with Wait For Life topped with a bit of Kill Kill and just a dash of something à la The Man I Love. It has me completely hooked. Of course, it's already jumped heaps and bounds in my favourites list and I am so thankful to hear this track I didn't even know existed until a few hours ago. I've said it one too many times and I don't mind saying it again - I LOVE JAZZY LANA. This track really amplifies that, especially in the verses. The whole sound this song embodies is so obviously Lizzy with her "Hawaiian Surf Noir." As I've seen someone else comment, if this track was cleaned up a bit, it could most definitely fit in perfectly in Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant. Without a doubt. I don't have enough great things to say about this track. With it's Hawaiian-Jazz flare, it's painfully addictive. And I'm loving every second of it.

Also, a bit of an imaginative reach - perhaps Lana Del Ray came from whoever "Ray" is. Maybe she handpicked Lana first and then chose Del Ray later, with this person in mind. It hasn't been the first we've heard of a "Ray." I say this because someone very dear to me by the name of Hannah gave me a necklace with her name on it, and after she was no longer in my life after a drastic event, I would wear the necklace and when people asked if my name was Hannah, I would reply with a simple yes. I would also introduce myself as such. I did that for a little while until I realized how the time was passing and how I needed to detach myself and move on lol. Maybe this person is someone Lana just can't move on from.. "Even though you're not here, won't move on..."
Or perhaps "Lana & Ray" is referring to just herself, becoming Lana Del Ray in the name's early stage. Or maybe it started out as just Lana Ray, which was also mention in Trash Magic.. "Lana Ray, will you serve me lemonade?"
Or perhaps I'm just overthinking this whole thing and whoever Ray is had nothing to do with her name and I should stop letting my mind come up with crazy ideas.

Anyways.

One last addition before I stop rambling about this track, I can't quite decipher what comes after the "we were living on côtes de l'île" bit, but after what sounds to be "low cal" she makes a sound similar to the last two syllables in Chevrolet (chev/vrolet). So maybe she's saying "low-cal" and then whatever a "vrolet" is. Perhaps some sort of French food (??) or maybe the whole bit is French since she seems to be sprinkling it in here and there in this track. Also, perhaps the "low-cal" could be "local" and then whatever that last bit is supposed to be.
Or maybe Lana just made it up. You know how she can be.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Saw this on tumblr, just sharing, I'm not a native speaker and I have no idea what she says ha

"I remember an all white day

With eight story waves
He said, “Your eyes are grey” (Beautiful)
We were living on Coeur d'Alene
On Carol lane, sun Manta Ray"

ZKcaooE.png

I did some googling!

I remember an all-white day, with eight-story waves
He said "your eyes are gray -- beautiful!"
We were living on côtes d'île
Low cabriolet and sun memory

There is such a thing as a Ford Del Rey Mercury Cabriolet, apparently!

rihKQ8M.gif

And I have a new favorite song! I've spent a lot of time living by Waimea Bay, so I'm stoked about this one :) I wish Lana would have explored her Hawaiian Surf Noir a bit more. This is divine!! 

Edit: And now that I've listened to it a couple more times, I get a very distinct Hope Sandoval vibe from the song. LOOOVE!

oh, man. this song is so dreamy & perfect  :flutter:

i could listen to a whole album of songs like this. really, really could. 

also: is it just me or is this song totally cat power inspired? like, cat power meets hawaii...

let me be who i'm meant to be

I love this so so much. and I'm pretty sure the outro is 'Waikiki-ko' just playing with phonetics other than an actual place like waikiki cove

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey