Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

I like the video. The visuals are good and i love how it obviously doesn't try to be anything it isn't.

Unlike Ultraviolence, which is so super tryhard-indie-simple-deep and Tropico, where i wasn't sure if she wanted it to be partly humorous or if she actually intended it to be taken as serious as some stans here do, HBTB is awesome in all it's strangeness and intended to be that way.

The only thing I dislike is when the rebounds a few second. I see it's supposed to be a stylistic device but the way it's used is not really interesting.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

first half was kinda boring, but i loved when she started running. the best part was when her robe got caught on the rail lmao 

:hoe:

followed by the part where she pulled the gun from the guitar case. overall, the weave on my pussy has been 75% snatched 

ZRBNill.jpg

it wasnt terrible - i dont know what people were expecting or what people continue to expect from her??

Well try comparing this video to BTD or even SOC and you'll figure it out. And it's not like I'm super critical, I like most of what she puts out but I think this could've been done differently, show her struggle adding more paparazzi harassing her on the beach for example. For most of the video it looks as if she didn't care about the helicopter and next thing I know she's running down to grab a gun to take it down :toofunny:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I would most definitely consider it one of her best. Iconic even. To each their own though.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

Honestly that was awesome.

When I first heard the song I actually had thought that could have been about "just wanting to be left alone, let me get high by the beach and stop bothering me damnit." But I wasn't sure.

Just the idea that this was filmed at her house is so awesome, and did everyone else notice there was something about her in the magazine? I think one of my favorite scenes is when the helicopter is really close to her by the window.

HOWEVER, LANA BE LIKE:

f9xCHkE.gif

i like it better then the 'big production' vids like BTD or Ride because seems more personal to me and authentic idk doesnt always have to have big tigers lying next to her sitting on a gold throne to make statements and the views are already mountin' up

:burn:  :burn:  :burn:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Well try comparing this video to BTD or even SOC and you'll figure it out. And it's not like I'm super critical, I like most of what she puts out but I think this could've been done differently, show her struggle adding more paparazzi harassing on the beach her for example. For most of the video it looks as if she didn't care about the helicopter and next thing I know she's running down to grab a gun a take it down :toofunny:

Come on, you can't compare Born To Die and Shades Of Cool, two videos that acutally tell a story and match visuals with the songs they belong to, with a video that is obviously meant to be funny,

It's actually quite fitting for Lana to try to ignore the guys and then leash out at them in a way she leashes out at people on social media ... just .. physically.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Well try comparing this video to BTD or even SOC and you'll figure it out. And it's not like I'm super critical, I like most of what she puts out but I think this could've been done differently, show her struggle adding more paparazzi harassing on the beach her for example. For most of the video it looks as if she didn't care about the helicopter and next thing I know she's running down to grab a gun a take the it down :toofunny:

I can't believe I'm all over the place defending this not completely visually spectacular video, but she ignores the helicopter for the most part because she's used to it. She's hiding in her room and trying to ignore it (which is how she generally handles press) then she snapped for whatever reason, tired of seeing herself be misinterpreted and slandered and decided that it was time to shoot the shit talkers down.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Fuck, even the video is bad. It's like amateur hour. The half assed lip synching in the bedroom. The flop down on the bed. The running around a house, like what is this, a video or a house tour. I know people will totally disagree but I'm in disbelief at how atrocious this is. I'm literally just staring at the screen and my face is full of wat. And that fucking outro, Jesus fuck.

And it looks like she's either pregnant or got a boob job.

Maybe there isn't meant to have a concrete meaning for HBTB. Maybe the song is about a man but the video is about the media, or the song is both a man and the media. The ambiguity actually makes the song better. Maybe Lana thought something like a helicopter and a gun would be ~aesthetic~ but not meant to be anything deep. But we can all agree that the video is beautiful ~artistically~, unlike generic MVs nowadays

Fuck, even the video is bad. It's like amateur hour. The half assed lip synching in the bedroom. The flop down on the bed. The running around a house, like what is this, a video or a house tour. I know people will totally disagree but I'm in disbelief at how atrocious this is. I'm literally just staring at the screen and my face is full of wat. And that fucking outro, Jesus fuck.

And it looks like she's either pregnant or got a boob job.

anything positive orrrr you just gonna drag her?

she can't always keep releasing Born To Die type videos

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.