naachoboy

"Music To Watch Boys To" premiering on Beats1 in less than 2 hours.

Lana has blessed us yet again with another masterpiece. MTWBT is reminding me of Sad Girl/Trash Magic(pink flamingo) as well as BTD ERA vibes. It's like she's combined all the different eras in MTWBT plus that flute is slaying me big time and the drums during the bridge remind me of Hotel California. It's too beautiful and combined with her velvety vocals she's transported me into another dimension. Lanas vocals in this song are like pouring warm honey and cool lemonade into your ears. All in all I feel this song has cleansed my soul.

Not feeling it as much as the UV singles but still pretty good in the sense she does some new things in her vocals and instruments, and it's a strong bridge. Don't want to overplay it before the video. I also hear the Sad Girl influence (others mention). 

HM>HBTB=MTWBB>TLY

Kind of wonder if she's saving more dynamic material for the album release and is somewhat perverse (or just non-conventional) in her single selection (but there's still Freak). I'm not really clear on what a "single" is conceptually, except that they have dedicated "cover art" and seem to be the songs the label/artist want to promote via radio. So it will be interesting to see what the non-singles sound like (e.g. Money Power Glory, should have been single?).

MTWBT is not watch i expected but its nice. but why does she sound so emotionless this era? there's only emotion in TLY - she sounds bored/dead in the other tracks.

TLY > HBTB + MTWBT > dirt > shit > everything on the planet > Betty Boop Boop >>>>>>> Honeymoon

im not judging freak cause we havent heard it properly yet so...

I'm not sure if we're listening to the same songs, but her voice is sexier than ever 

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Not feeling it as much as the UV singles but still pretty good in the sense she does some new things in her vocals and instruments, and it's a strong bridge. Don't want to overplay it before the video. I also hear the Sad Girl influence (others mention).

HM>HBTB=MTWBB>TLY

Kind of wonder if she's saving more dynamic material for the album release and is somewhat perverse (or just non-conventional) in her single selection (but there's still Freak). I'm not really clear on what a "single" is conceptually, except that they have dedicated "cover art" and seem to be the songs the label/artist want to promote via radio. So it will be interesting to see what the non-singles sound like (e.g. Money Power Glory, should have been single?).

Mainstream appeal. MPG really should have been a single but they gave up on UV a week after release

tZ7WN4B.gif

MTWBT is not watch i expected but its nice. but why does she sound so emotionless this era? there's only emotion in TLY - she sounds bored/dead in the other tracks.

TLY > HBTB + MTWBT > dirt > shit > everything on the planet > Betty Boop Boop >>>>>>> Honeymoon

im not judging freak cause we havent heard it properly yet so...

...i think where she really goes for emotion is in her live performances.. idk but hum the emotion in the hm bridge is real?

** MTWBT >TLY > HBTB > dirt > shit > everything on the planet > Betty Boop Boop >>>>>>> @ 's opinion of Honeymoon

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I feel a bit disappointed once it kicked in.  I expected something different from the Honeymoon Sampler video the other day.  It just goes into a tepid extension of Sad Girl.  The pre-choruses are interesting. I like the chorus a lot but it comes in awkward sometimes.   The bridge kind of loses me, but I like the main bits of everything overall.  I like it, I know I sound really critical.

HBTB>freak (snippet, high hopes)>MTWBT>HM>TLY

u6pq4c9.gif

Mess! Everyone of these song reveals is the same

1. Everyone praises it to death for the first couple of pages

2. Someone criticises the lyrics/production

3. BTD stans get upset that it doesn't sound like a rehash of BTD

4. People begin to turn on the song

5. It starts to seem that everyone hates the song

A couple of months pass...

6. Everyone loves the song again

The exact same thing happened with all the Ultraviolence singles/promo singles.

People can have an opinion.  I think discussion about it is better than a bunch of pages of people saying how great it is. 

Some of the best music songs/albums are the ones you don't really feel at first and you spend some time with them.  It takes time. :smile:

u6pq4c9.gif

People can have an opinion.  I think discussion about it is better than a bunch of pages of people saying how great it is. 

Some of the best music songs/albums are the ones you don't really feel at first and you spend some time with them.  It takes time. :smile:

I don't know if you were referring to my post but I don't have anything against people criticising the song. I just thought it was funny how such a similar pattern happened for HBTB, west coast etc.