annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I'm finally listening to the CD - I was the first person to buy it where I went (they were just being taken from the back room and weren't on the shelves yet). I'm freaking out at how good the first two songs sound, when I've gotten used to them in LQ. The organ and flute in MTWBT  :defeated:

Edit: Salvatore in HQ :ohmy:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Can someone please PM a 320 DL link for Honeymoon album? I'm in the Virgin Islands and ITunes Store won't connect here. I won't be back in the states until 10/1 to officially get album ;(

Burnt Norton is very cute and i appreciate lana adding more art to this record, but it just feels so out of place. First youre in a trance with Freak, then you're boppin to Art Deco, and then the fun is interrupted with a sophisticated poem. it just doesnt make sense. but i commend lana for adding more meaning with an interlude

So most of you probably don't know me but I used to be pretty active on the Charli board...

Just wanted to come back here to comment on Honeymoon! Especially because in the last couple months I got SUPER into UltraViolence. It's actually my favorite Lana album now. The guitar in Shades of Cool… EVERYTHING. I used to not like UltraViolence but a switch flipped and it became a total masterpiece in my mind.

I haven't heard Honeymoon yet… Still waiting for it to come out on itunes. I don't know where y'all heard it  :noparty:  But I am already expectng to like it less than Ultraviolence… But that's okay. With my expectations low, I'll go in and hopefully find some stand out moments that really surprise me.

I am disappointed that the album is apparently all very slow, because what I liked about Ultraviolence is how some parts of it burst into the craziest energy and hard guitars. It can be very assertive. The bridge of Sad Girl, Shades of Cool, her cockiness on Brooklyn Baby… I was kind of disappointed with Music to Watch Boys To. I expected some guitar in it. It's too bad the guy from The Black Keys wasn't involved in this album at all.

anyway… Hoping for the best! Terrance loves you is such a gorgeous song. I really think even if this album is over-saturated with slow burns, as long as they maintain that kind of beauty, they will all grow on me.

It sounds like Lana recorded her vocals on tape ... I like the effect with the hissiness in the background but it makes "24" seem more out of place; it sounds very antiseptic and the treble is jacked way too far.

The strength of this album is all of the melodies that bury themselves under your skin. No-one else right now has that ability.

God Knows I tried and Freak are the only new tracks I've heard so far and both are great!

I hear an influence of Creep by Radiohead in the bridge of Freak.

I feel like the people who disliked UltraViolence and wanted another BTD should like this album… It honestly sounds pretty similar to me. Not exactly the same, but the production is basically BTD (if it were all slow). Art Deco is extremely BTD. 

I finally listened and this album is pretty much what I was expecting. It has a few moments that seem kind of uninspired to me but is good for the most part. In order from favorite to least favorite:

The Blackest Day

Freak

HBTB

Salvatore

MTWBT

Art Deco

DLMBM

GKIT

TLY

Swan Song

Honeymoon

Religion

This will probably change in ten minutes but after my first listen, this is how I feel.

Also, I can't tell if I like it more or less than BTD and UV but I'll figure that out in a couple weeks. :flutter:

http://kworb.net/aww/ #2 overall :oprah:

I just finished listening the whole record and it was awesome, it's so different from her previous albums, it flowed beautifully to me. The standout tracks with the first listen are God Knows I Tried, Freak, Religion, The Blackest Day, 24 and Swan Song. I loved all the songs, it will take some time for me to be able to choose my favourite. Lana, darling, you're so talented, I love you so much. 

Gonna listen again :oprah:

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif