annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I think it's fair in order to appreciate this album a maximum to also talk about what could have been even better, as anyway I'm not Lana so there will of course be some things I respectfully disagree with. For example as always her favourite songs are the ones I appreciate the less and Terrence Loves You makes me emotional in an uncomfortable way, so does Honeymoon. I also disagree with the fact that honeymoon is the best title for this album, even though I must admit that it represents the record well in its entirety. I love Chuck's photography, but I do not think that the cover represents the album the best. It's not that I have something better in mind, I just never thought Lana's covers were the most powerful ones.

OMG Imagine if the album was titled Swan Song and we got the title in months advance....fans would have lost their shit with the OH NO SHE'S RETIRING BUT FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!! rumors :toofunny:

Here is my review!  :creepna:  :lanahairflip2:  :lanahairflip:  :lanahairflip3:

Honeymoon: This was the first single and personally it was my favorite for the longest time. I absolutely ADORED how it sounded like Lana was using her vocals to their full potential, and the bridge actually killed me ugh :brows: , why it fell out of my top 5's will come later obviously. 9/10

Music To Watch Boys To: To be completely honest I was expecting a more pop sounding song like TIWMUG or DICWB (purely bc they mentioned genders) but what we got was SOOOO much more than what I could've ever thought of! This completely solidified as my favorite song for Honeymoon (and I hadn't even heard the album yet) but it's absolutely AMAZING 10/10 :yesnod:

Terrence Loves You: Oh girl, you can bet your weave this song was on repeat the first couple of days it came out! The part where she says "Ground control to major tom" made me pee, sldjklsjf the name is a little weird since it has no mention in the song whatsoever (but she did it with Cruel World too and that  song is pretty iconic) but overall it's a 8/10

God Knows I Tried: I first heard this single at the Urban Outfitters listening and it wasn't anything too impressive, but after listening in HQ it quickly became iconic, the only bummer I have is the repeated use of God Knows I Tried, like I know it's the song name and all but really Lana :eek: ? 7/10

High By The Beach: THIS SONG SLAAAAAAAAAYS! Idk why people bash it so much on here, but it's such a nice change (and transition into the pop side of Honeymoon) from the slower songs. Lyrics: Perfect, Video: Perfect, Song: Perfect. 10/10

Freak: That first sample we got really made me squee, it was amazing, I kept replaying that part over and over and over and over, and first chance I got to listen to the full version I took it, the chorus is so sexy and the lead up to it is fucking AHHHHH. Plus her "blue's" in the background make me laugh :giggle:  and that's always a plus (laughing at how adorable btw haha) 9/10

Art Deco: THE STARTING IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD FUCK, AND THE CHORUS IS SO CUTE I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Not too much to say about this song other then that it's easily made it's way into my top 5's! 10/10

Burnt Norton (Interlude): I love how Lana included this interlude to put a separation so you know when the slower songs start again, plus the interlude is so hauntingly beautiful, I NEVER skip it and that's rare for an interlude! 10/10 :whatever:

Religion: Meh, this song is easily forgettable for me. Not very interesting starting or chorus. It would sound so much better if it had a faster lead up but the guitar strums are really pretty and her voice sounds really raw and beautiful in this song! 5/10 :pft: :erm:

Salvatore: What an iconic song holyfuck, the spanish leaves me dead, and the starting leaves me eternally dead fuck. It gets so much better when she says "Catch me while you can, working on my tan, Salvatore" ICONIC! 9/10

The Blackest Day: I had this song stuck in my head ALL DAY! The chorus is fucking perfect, and truly I was hoping for a Black Beauty part 2, and I think this song nails it (IMO) It could also be a sequel, such as after black beauty the SO could've left, so Lana sings about how her life is black now? Sounds good to me haha. Anyways 9/10

24: THIS IS SUCH A BOND BOP! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY DIDN'T CHOSE IT FOR BOND? Well it could've never been for bond haha, but anyways. Everything about this song hits the right spot for me, No complaints! 10/10

Swan Song: Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the starting of this song kind of remind you of Prisoner? It's not a bad thing because it sounds beautiful! I also have heard it's the same as from High By The Beach? Well, the lyrics absolutely amaze me, they're so beautiful. Masterpiece! The beat amazes me and I always find myself kind of dancing in the middle of this song! Such a bop! 10/10

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood: This cover is SO much better than what I expected! I loved the version by Nina and now I love the version by Lana even more! She hit every note right, and infinitely increased my love for this song! A lot better than The Other Woman! (TOW is still one of my favs by Lana) 10/10

Album Cover Art: I don't know what everyone hates about it? Sure she looks kinda small compared to the car, but to me it looks beautiful! The words on the side of the car don't take the appeal away either, makes it feel more complete to me! Lana slays in the photo too! Gorgeous cover! (Although I would've preferred if she would've used the back cover as the front :aw:  ) 8/10

CD: I don't like to to be completely honest. It's so... simple. The blue is kinda ugly and doesn't compliment the flag either. Horrible color combo  :horror:  I wish she would've gone with another flower CD. Maybe hibiscus'? Why Laaanaaa!!  :icant:  2/10

Overall: The Honeymoon era has to be one of my favs! (Maybe even my most fav! :whatever2: ) The majority of the songs are fucking perfect and I could never go without them! The photoshoots + singles cover arts have all been so beautiful and I can't wait for the rest of the music videos to come out! Cheers to LDR5 and I hope it's as iconic as Honeymoon! :dance:  :tongue:  (Who am I kidding, it WILL be! :glasses: ) 100/100

Top 5's

1. Music To Watch Boys To  :creepna2:

2. Swan Song  :heart:

3. Art Deco  :icant2:

4. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood  :kiss2:

5. Salvatore/24! (I couldn't choose JUST one!)  :blush2:  :smile:

P.S. I hope I didn't use too many Lana gifs  :thumb3:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I have such a dirty mind... When she sings "when I'm down on my knees you are how I pray" I can't stop to think about sexual things ahaha.

I mean it doesn't have to be that way but I don't think it's far-fetched to think she intended this ambiguity

that nastly little hoe :creep:

kySyfQZ.jpg

I have such a dirty mind... When she sings "when I'm down on my knees you are how I pray" I can't stop to think about sexual things ahaha.

Tbh if it's not what she implied I'm gonna be really astonished. This and "dying by the hand of a foreign man happily" this whole album is incredibly evocative in the best possible way

ZKcaooE.png

Am I the only one who is slightly in love with the repetition of GKIT in the chorus? And at the end. I just think it sounds like a plea. Lana's way of saying "Hey, I tried my hardest not to let the fame get to me, please know that God Knows I Tried".

No I love it, but I've always liked repetition to be honest lol.

Am I the only one who is slightly in love with the repetition of GKIT in the chorus? And at the end. I just think it sounds like a plea. Lana's way of saying "Hey, I tried my hardest not to let the fame get to me, please know that God Knows I Tried".

I love it since the first time and so did I for Sad Girl. I never had problems with lyrics repetition. It makes me think of a motivational speech or something. I'm actually really glad that this chorus is this long and repetitive, it looks like a genuine prayer to me

ZKcaooE.png

I listened Honeymoon last night in my bed w/ white wine, it was such an experience (I didn't heard any of the UO recordings or leaks before).

I loved it so much, my favorites are :

1.Swan Song :bliss:

3.God Knows I Tried

4.Terrence Loves You

5.Freak

Really hard to pick just five songs

I enjoy less Religion for now and Salvatore (it's the weakest song of the album to my opinion)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg