annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

anyways, up to now, do you think that lana's descriptions towards Honeymoon are accurate?

i mean "FutureRetro", "Noir", "Jazzy", and "Muddy Trap Energy" and "late-night Miles Davis drives"

SoOoOort of haha

FutureRetro : I don't really get what she meant by that, as a musical genre. But in the Boomerang interview, she mentioned a speaker who deals with time, future present and past and that made her think how her music would fit in the future (if I remember correctly).

Noir : I wouldn't say NOIR, but a lot of songs do have this sort of cinematic orchestration. "Honeymoon" sounds like it could have been orchestrated by Ennio Morricone, "Salvatore" also has this sort of "old italian movies soundtrack" feel.

Jazzy : well, I wouldn't call "Honeymoon" (album) jazzy but some songs do incorporate Jazz elements (sometimes in atmosphere, sometimes with instruments ..)

Muddy Trap Energy : Hy By The Beach and Freak would fit that description, yeah.

Late-night Miles Davis drives : this refers more to the drives she did while writing the songs, I believe, however I think it could describe the album pretty well...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

God, this board kills me. No wonder people hate Lana stans.

"I want upbeat music! Too depressing". Go stan for Katy Perry.

The funny thing about this is ....

I stan for Katy too

Mfhp.gif

I only look forward to Katy, Colbie and JoJo next year to give me upbeat songs. I don't think the others will deliver it.

Yes they make me sad. I had a terrible Depression last year and I'm so Glad that it ended. Art Deco reflects all the mistakes I made and the others are sad because I fell in love again and they are about him.

I hope you start to feel better in time. Do you like Carly Rae Jepsen?

I kind of understand why Lana's music is characterised as 'depressing', but personally I think it's just more thoughtful and meditative and I guess adult than the 'contemporaries' she's (wrongly) lumped with. She's not a pop star, right? Comparing her to Katy or Taylor or whatever seems really redundant. Different universes.

She could be a great pop star if her unreleased stuff is anything to go by, but she's pretty much beyond that now. UV and HM are the work of a woman who walks her own path. I don't give a fuck about critics' 'scores' and ascribing some arbitrary number to her albums. Like that's going to change how I feel about the music.

Personally, if I wanted to listen to Katy Perry (who is never ever spoken of negative in the press about authenticity or how she was a Gospel singer who turned to Pop (much like Amy Grant did better

years ago), but if I wanted to listen to Katy Perry, I would not be here on the Lana boards. I would be on the Katy boards.

and Sara B. should have sued for a writing credit. Because it was direct theft. She would have if she cared. She was too kind hearted and too good a person to care

(Much like Lana not having her people sue Taylor's people for a writing credit).

Now maybe I will go eat some Lucky Charms, their magically delicious LOL

Katy Perry is every single thing Lana is not.(which is not a good thing).

And that is a positive for Elizabeth Grant. and no, it's not a negative toward Katy. She is in a totally different place and the two places are not interchangeable.

Katy is this "era's" Mariah Carey who was that era's Madonna. 

Not unique. If I want to listen to a Madonna'bee, I will listen to Madonna.

To each their own. That's MY opinion.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@prettywhenicry- I assume all artists have their own boards, don't they? (I have no idea specific to Katy as this Lana board is the only singers/musician's board I am on.)

I know for instance, Elton John has a forum on his fan club as I used to be a member as you got really great seats if one was a member until scalpers found out about it and made it impossible to get the tickets-

his members almost always got seats in the first ten rows in arenas, and if one was in those rows, he signed autographs twice a show for those people (security kept everyone else away).

Sort of like how the front rows have access to Lana and getting selfies or autographs in each show.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

praying for honeymoon: dark blue edition with a rerecorded serial killer, you can be the boss, us against the world, and whatever else(maybe life is beautiful)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

praying for honeymoon: dark blue edition with a rerecorded serial killer, you can be the boss, us against the world, and whatever else(maybe life is beautiful)

Than it would be useless to buy the 14 track album

Mfhp.gif

Personally, if I wanted to listen to Katy Perry (who is never ever spoken of negative in the press about authenticity or how she was a Gospel singer who turned to Pop (much like Amy Grant did better

years ago), but if I wanted to listen to Katy Perry, I would not be here on the Lana boards. I would be on the Katy boards.

Katy doesn't have boards.

If you want to stan for her you need to get on ATRL or become a twitter-stan.