Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Lana’s Best Album / Your Favourite

Now that Honeymoon has been released, which album is your favorite?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Lana album

• Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust for Life
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Blue Banisters
    • Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Lol I didn't know what to call this but I thought it could be interesting to know which Lana album you put over others.. Like this:

I Start:

For me number one is Aka Lizzy Grant because it's the only of her albums where i don't skip any of the songs! My favorites are Mermaid Motel, Queen Of The Gas Station, Kill Kill, Pawn Shop Blues, and Little Girls.. Each song stands out and it doesn't blend together like BTD... It's true perfection.

Number two is Paradise it's very good and I like how it's more rock inspired than BTD. My favorites are Bel Air, Body Electric, Gods and Monsters, Yayo and Cola... The only song i skip is Ride because it's boring as hell.

Number tree is Sirens This is a very unique and cute album. This album felt very personal almost like a look into her life and her lyrics is some of her best. My favorites are Bad Disease, How Do You Know Me So Well, Try Tonight, Find My Own Way and Junky Pride. I Listen to this when I can't sleep and it's feels like I'm in heaven.

Number 4 is Born To Die This Album is kinda boring and I skip most of the songs. I think many of the songs sounds the same. My Favorite songs are Carmen, Video Games, Born To Die, Lucky Ones and Off To The Races and i absolutely hate Dark Paradise and Radio..

The last one is From The End/Quiet Now the only song I like on this is Blizzard...

So yeah... Tell people what you think..

I hope there isn't any other threads like this I tried to search...

Yay

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Aka feels incomplete, I think it could have been much better. 

Born to Die has good songs but the production is not very good which makes some songs completely boring. Example: Radio

Again Paradise has bad production except songs like Ride, Bel Air, Burning Desire. Lyrics are not very good also. Cola makes me cringe all the time, but at least it has good vocals and nice chorus.

Sirens is probably her best album. It very simple but genuine. Her voice feels natural and real and you can relate to the songs. 

Im sure Ultraviolence will be an evolution for her, and also probably her best album too now that she experimented this last years.

AKA is definitely near the top for me. Her voice sounds so beautiful and the lyrics are just amazing.

I absolutely adore Sirens/From The End/Quiet Now too. These are the deepest lyrics I think she has ever written, it's a shame they were never released and she hasn't ever truly acknowledged this era.

Paradise was okay to me, I enjoyed the cinematic feel of it.

Born to Die was the worst album IMO. After listening to the others, I realised how much it pales in comparison.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

What? I don't get why you dislike BTD so much.

Number one for me is Born to Die. I just everything about it, the production, the story. There're songs I like less but I don't hate any.

Second is Paradise. It's beautiful and great addition to BTD.

Next AKA. Again it's really beautiful. My favorites are Kill Kill, Oh Say Can You See, Yayo, For K Part 2, Raise Me Up. I love its production by David Kahne.

Quiet Now / From the End / Sirens. They're all equal for me. I like the songs very much mostly because they're very personal. I can feel them.

Number one for me is Born to Die. I just everything about it, the production, the story. There're songs I like less but I don't hate any.

Next AKA. Again it's really beautiful. My favorites are Kill Kill, Oh Say Can You See, Yayo, For K Part 2, Raise Me Up. I love its production by David Kahne.

Quiet Now / From the End / Sirens. They're all equal for me. I like the songs very much mostly because they're very personal. I can feel them.

I just feel that the lyrics from BtD are quite same-y and clumsy in comparison to her other older albums/unreleased stuff. I don't hate the album, I just feel that her other stuff is superior.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

you can read my mind!  :worship:

tumblr_mu23eoC2GO1rfsim9o9_500.gif

Paradise is my fave, because each song is perfect. There just is not a bad thing on that album. Also I don't get the bitching about the production, the instrumentals work fine and they are pretty unique, like, American's instrumental is nothing like I heard before.

The second is Born To Die, because listening to it as a whole album is just such a nice experience. I love how it's thematically correct, and the songs are awesome.

Then Aka, I like all songs here but I never listened to this as an album, just the songs separately.

Quiet now/From The End are last, simply because  I only like about 70% of the songs, while on the other albums I love all of them.

you can't really make a decision because each album is almost completely different.

anyway my favorite would probably be Paradise. it sounds like a Californian summer to me and it isn't hard to listen to it. all the songs flow perfectly into each other and Lana sounds like an angel.

my second favorite would be Born To Die. I fell in love with Lana because of her cinematic sadcore Hollywood sound and I love the themes on this album. I don't get why so many people are hating on BTD and Paradise ! Both of them are masterpieces :hottie:

my third favorite would be Sirens. her voice is so fragile and I love her honesty. all the songs are so emotional and it's so nice to listen to them just with your eyes closed.

my fourth favorite would be AKA. I still adore this album but all in all it doesn't haunt me. maybe because I dislike the production or perhaps because... well I don't know perhaps she doesn't show enough emotions on this one.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Born to Die - it made me fall in love with her in the first place :flutter: I agree that some of the lyrics are kind of clumsy, but whatever. I like all the songs on it, which is rare. IMHO this record is classic and an amazing experience in itself.

AKA - my second fave. I love the more thoughtful lyrics, the variety of songs, that it's a fragment of Lana's mysterious past. Not to mention that there's the best Yayo version on it! The only reason why it's not equal to BTD to me is that I find Smarty weak. It could have been replaced by a better song.

Paradise - it's okay, but kinda samey sounding. I'm happy to own the record anyway and give it a spin from time to time.

Sirens, QN, FTE - haven't listened even once to Sirens, gave QN and FTE a spin or two when they leaked. They're okay, the lyrics are very emotional, but it's just not something that I would listen out of my free will for fun.

i am nothing and should be everything

BTD: It is already a classic. Perfect pop record. End of story.

Paradise: thought in the beginning it might even be better than BTD, but tracks like BE and G&M totally destroyed the enjoyment and killed the album right in the middle for me

AKA: better than Paradise, although very much all over the place.

Sirens: Couldn't be more arsed to listen to this pointless bunch of songs ever again.

I never thought I would ever say this but AKA/Nevada is my favorite album of Lana's. Every single track has worked it's way into my mind and my heart, and it really helps that most of them have videos. I can't say I dislike a single song from that album, like I can with Paradise and Born to Die. Every song is just extraordinary. 

BTD > AKA > Paradise > Sirens/YLM/QN/FTE

BTD is perfection regarding production, sound, atmosphere, lyrics. AKA is haunting and gorgeous, especially Raise Me Up and Mermaid Motel (the only song I disliked was Smarty). Paradise...idk, something was just missing there for me (maybe how commercial it was), but Cola is flawless. Pretty Baby is pretty much the only song I like to listen to from the Sirens era. I mean, I treasure the albums because they're like little Polaroids of how Lana's sound and songwriting have evolved, but they're just not my genre and I don't really listen to them. 

there is a light & it never goes out

Unreleased / BTD / AKA / Paradise / Sirens

Seriously, the girl is sitting on a mountain of gold in that back catalog.  BTD is cohesively beautiful, AKA has good songs but it trails off and I lose interest, Paradise has good songs but it's too much of the same stuff -- it would have benefited from a full album with some of the known outtakes (Hollywood, JFK, Starry Eyed) would have spaced things out sonically and made it easier to listen to in full.  I don't think it's necessarily fair to treat Paradise as an album though.  Sirens stuff I respect and I'd like to see Lana play a guitar once in a while (even if it's chords on a stratocaster), but most of that era isn't really my cup of tea.

u6pq4c9.gif