Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Lana’s Best Album / Your Favourite

Now that Honeymoon has been released, which album is your favorite?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Lana album

• Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust for Life
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Blue Banisters
    • Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

BORN TO SLAYING DIE

Those 6 people who voted for Lana Del Ray don't have a life smh.

Well I may not have a life, but at least I've got good taste in music. I can't say the same for ppl who are choosing BTD. :cuteface:

14417469274.gif

Well I may not have a life, but at least I've got good taste in music. I can't say the same for ppl who are choosing BTD. :cuteface:

Epic response

You don't like Born To Die?

Lana Del Ray is my vote, and not just because it's my favorite. 

The fact that Lana created a mix of such diverse-sounding tracks (all of which can stand alone as incredible pieces), and still united them into a cohesive album with strong themes and aesthetics is genius, to me. The lyrics are incredibly strong and fresh, and both the production and Lana's vocals compliment each other (and whichever song they're featured on) perfectly. 

To me, she hasn't created an album since that was SO cohesive and had such strong tracks across the board. Her meeting David Kahne at that period in her artistic development was divine intervention, because I feel that he really coaxed something out of her already-mindblowing songs that elevated them even further. 

As for UV, I think it's an absolutely incredible album, undoubtedly, and I also think it deserves every bit of the praise it gets. Its lyrics are more powerful than AKA's, the theme of the album is stronger, and it shows a lot more maturity on Lana's part.  However, I believe some tracks on UV are much weaker than others, which I don't see as the case with AKA, and the production also isn't quite as harmonious with the other aspects of the album as it is with AKA. Either way, they're both fantastic albums and really represent some of Lana's best work, imo. 

o4qjp4j.png

Ultraviolence really is amazing, but it definitely has some filler / unfinished sounding tracks. I just don't feel the same about LDR. Every song on Lana Del Ray manages to sound different than the last somehow, while still remaining cohesive... idk how they managed to pull this off. Every song is just this beautiful little gem in Lana's discography. :crai:

14417469274.gif