brooklynbaby91

Azealia comments on "Art Deco" diss track rumors

Am I the only one who think the song is about Lana herself? 

It was my first thought during my first listening Art Deco. Maybe not exactly cause Lana often put to the lyrics some real own experience but also a little bit art and imagination. To me this song it's about young Lana/Lizzy singing in the clubs and trying to make her musical dreams come true. And "you're so art deco" means she payed attention to her appearance and this look help her in career. "you're so ghetto" means to me she was diffrent than most of musicians in music label and her singing style. She was outsider. (Sorry for my english, hope you know what I mean)

Cant be about her. IT can be about a character she made up tho. But Lana wouldnt describe herself as ghetto because in what ways was she every ghetto? stop.

um she represented it at a symbol of freedom in the video? You make it sound like she threw it on the ground, stomped it, set it on fire and then threw it in a lake. Their culture is based upon equality and love. I'm not so sure they'd be mad about some white girl giving her respect towards them.

Goodbye. You literally can't see the fact that it's racist? She doesn't have to disrespect it. And it's not like she consulted Native American cultural centers and got approved use by them (which is actually a thing).

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

A lot of mixed people are confused af. And obviously you're one of them. Depends on the side you were around the most. You need to get cultured sweetheart because your unwoke ass is very annoying and wishy-washy. Learn yourself. Appropriation is alive and well, and you're trying to sound like you're white and like you dont know. You black and that's what EVERYONE is going to see. You're mixedness wont get you far. Just saying. Know yaself.

Uh, this is a little rude. I don't think it's fair to comment on a race that you're not and tell someone that they're confused because of their race. It doesn't depend on what side you're around the most; it depends on the values that were instilled in you as a child. 

Goodbye. You literally can't see the fact that it's racist? She doesn't have to disrespect it. And it's not like she consulted Native American cultural centers and got approved use by them (which is actually a thing).

It's not worth it. These kids (I'm convinced they're teenagers because if they're adults God help us all) will just twist what you say because they think you're attacking their fave. The lack of education here is pathetic.

lmao people are still pressed by the Ride thing ? The native crown was more of an inspiration from the 60s bikers/roots rock culture, which are the ones who picked different elements from american history to create their aesthetic an modernize them as well with the 70s heartland rock and patriotism imagery. I mean I'm not even american and I read this fuckin essays on natives and stuff that's not rocket science. More than anything, it makes her look cheap with such obvious references, but I don't see how some people can compare this with blackface singers...

Uh, this is a little rude. I don't think it's fair to comment on a race that you're not and tell someone that they're confused because of their race. It doesn't depend on what side you're around the most; it depends on the values that were instilled in you as a child. 

Its a fact and ignoring it wont do a damn thing. That's the thing. Rude as it may be it's the truth. But I'm not here to give a lesson on waking up an recognizing the differences. Google and Black Tumblr are here for a reason.

This forum is the worst whenever topics like racism and cultural appropriation (and feminism) come up. Fucking hell there are some idiots on this forum.  :facepalm:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…