Sign in to follow this  
lostindarkparadise

Lana Del Rey to Be Honored as 'Trailblazer' at Billboard's Women in Music

I think it's the opposite. Like she's getting awarded for being a trailblazer when a lot of people don't support her and criticize her. She's probably just like "Well I guess I'm doing something right"

Let's be honest though when has she ever made an acceptance speech that wasn't awkward as hell lol. When she accepted her first Brit award she looked like she was on the verge of tears because she was so scared. And remember when she made the joke about her boobs at the GQ awards with like zero audience response? lol

She's just awkward.

I think it's the opposite. Like she's getting awarded for being a trailblazer when a lot of people don't support her and criticize her. She's probably just like "Well I guess I'm doing something right"

My original thought, I also thougth that Billboard kinda gifted her the award or it being buyed by her record company since they're kinda important y'know? since they did that photoshoot with her, the CEO and Kanye last year  :teehee: it's like it her record company has some strings to pull on billboard :teehee:  . And the fact she was announced to attend, it wasn't like any other award show in wich they nominate her and she doens't attend, they confirmed it like, yes, Lana Del Rey will attend, it just felt like buyed just added to that. That plus what you said = Lana not really knowing what to say imo

maybe I'm just reaching for the stars  :flutter:

You also made me take a look at those three acceptance speeches we have already (and I did realize she's always awkard so maybe I'm truly reaching for the stars  :$ ) and first I looked at the 2013 brit awards acceptance speech and was like "ok, that's funny, that's normal, why does she thank her team so much and doesn't say something to her fans?" and then looked at the 2012 speech and kinda wanted to cry too, like damn, 2012 was really hard, like, she really felt like shit the "without the support of everyone in this room and everyone in the UK I would really be lost, so thank you, I love you" really hit me :defeated:  but then I watched the GQ one and I was laughing again  :deadbanana: why do you say zero audience response? I hear laughs and a wistle at the end followed by more cheers, it's just that the video is cutted and we can't hear the rest of it :P  that joke was funny!   

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I just referenced it from memory. Maybe it's just her delivery that feels off or something idk lol.

As for the awards show, I think she attended because she won. It's not like most awards shows where there are nominees and everything. There are a handful of awards and she WON one, not nominated for one. I doubt it had anything to do with her label paying anyone. That's a bit of a reach lmao

All in all I think her acceptance was just fine; maybe it was too short relative to others (don't know didn't see any others). To me the most awkward thing about it was the playing of Video Games as she was walking up. This probably convinced her that she had four albums under her belt rather than 3 albums and an afterthought (or was the fourth album AKA?). I would have liked to have heard how they introduced the award in terms of its meaning, but at any rate she showed that she (really?) liked the presenter, so I mean she wasn't that shy. 

Congratulations again to Lana.

BTW- Billboard and the music industry itself considers Paradise an album.

An EP historically is considered something that has 3 or 4 songs on it, but Paradise had much more, and like mixtapes which also officially count as albums even if the record company or artist doesn't, Billboard has the official charts

the industry uses as standard, and as such, Paradise is forever known as an album and not an EP when a person purchased the stand alone Paradise and a Top 10 at that.

I myself am not a fan of re-releasing an album from a year ago or 6 months ago with extra songs. Best to just release another album and am happy Lana did such with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon.

Cool speech.

Showed Lana is just at the start of a long successful career, but not the career that Adele has (and Adele wishes she could be Lana as she opined the other day marveling at how great Lana was

being able to release an album as she does so often (instead of once every 5 years like Adele has).

and note, Lana did not have to sing for her supper How cool is that!

Trailblazer means unique

The one everyone else copies but not 1/1000th as good. (regardless of sales, which is immaterial to actual talent.

Trailblazer=Artiste' as opposed to cookie cutter de jour (whitney/Mariah/celine/katy/Adele) meh

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

My original thought, I also thougth that Billboard kinda gifted her the award or it being buyed by her record company since they're kinda important y'know? since they did that photoshoot with her, the CEO and Kanye last year  :teehee: it's like it her record company has some strings to pull on billboard :teehee:  . And the fact she was announced to attend, it wasn't like any other award show in wich they nominate her and she doens't attend, they confirmed it like, yes, Lana Del Rey will attend, it just felt like buyed just added to that. That plus what you said = Lana not really knowing what to say imo

maybe I'm just reaching for the stars  :flutter:!

I think you're reaching. Billboard has always been extremely supportive of Lana.

She was really sweet but awkward. But it makes me wonder, if she was that nervous just because of a short speech I don't think she would able to sing properly on television without losing her breath. Maybe it was a good thing after all not to promote on tv anymore

If one goes back to every post on this board, the same 5 or 6 or 7 board names (perhaps they are one signed up on many names) have continuously posted negatives

on everything and anything Lana does (they are haters), just like in comment seconds everywhere.

Why wouldn't billboard want people tuning in to the show and announce Lana?

Love the lengths the haters go to put Lana down.

Lana was the classiest person in the room.

And where does one get off saying one she didn't know what to say?

Or maybe the people saying that are too stupid to realize what she said, which was quite Genius IMHO.

She is starting to realize just how powerful she is, so she can triple down on the way she already does things for decades into future. (and not do what the run of the mill Adeles do, but do it the

way she does it, as an innovator, as a trailblazer as the unique once in a generation artist she is.

Which the haters hate. Because the haters hate not being able to control someone or bully someone.

again, Lana was the classiest person in the room. And the one that held court in the entire room.

(and again showed to the fans outside, also one of the most humble and fan-caring super stars that ever existed, going to the crowd numerous times unlike many of the others...If not mistaken

Lana and Tony Bennett were the only two who signed coming out of the event. How cool is that.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She was really sweet but awkward. But it makes me wonder, if she was that nervous just because of a short speech I don't think she would able to sing properly on television without losing her breath. Maybe it was a good thing after all not to promote on tv anymore

Yeah, it was obvious tho, people can be really ignorant towards anxiety (hers and in general) 

How can you say this award was bought when Lana has had a clear influence ever since she got famous? :toofunny: We may not think about it but she opened the doors for these signed alternative pop female acts like Lorde, Melanie Martinez (who Billboard themselves compared to Lana), Halsey, etc... They're totally different from Lana yet still commonly compared to her because they fall in this same spectrum I've mentioned before. Even in small things like fashion, make up, twinks obsessing over daddies, pop stars like Taylor Swift being influenced in visuals and music, I can see why Billboard would award her as a "trailblazer".

She's so cute :icant:

She wasn't that anxious I think, it's just that she didn't have anything to say. You have two types of acceptance speeches usually, the very basic-poppy-i-sell-them-records style like "loool thxxxx ^^ love u mom and my manaaaggeer thanks my fans".Then people like Gaga who use every opportunity they have to drop two lines on the social issue of the moment, so then people online start spreading "this is so important tbh smh proud of mom" stuff etc. I can't see Lana doing anything like this (thx to god).

Now, you're Lana Del Rey. You've been trashed for 4 years for being fake, untalented, a cunt, a misogynistic uneducated prick bringing the 30s women status back in the game. You've been the subjet of dozens of essays, from angry Tumblr social justice warriors to pretentious pitchfork indie guys. Everyone ignores the fact that you've spent 5 years of your life prior to that making your own weird music with little feedback, when it could easily prove that you're a dedicated musician.

You're kind of weird and everytime you sneak out of your house, it ends up with headlines about you being suicidal or sexist. You can't get anyone to discuss your point of view because you're in a very bold and scientistic country when it comes to what can be discussed on mainstream medias etc. Plus, it's not hard to get you upset, so anyway you being an educated and open woman doesn't interest anyone.

Reviewers, up until HM, were cold for the most part, and they usually misunderstood your intentions/lyrics, when post-BTD music clearly wasn't that litterate or ambigious compared to what you were capable of before. You release HM doing your own thing, with minimal and failed promo (it's obvious something went wrong with the hotline etc.), going deeper in the areas where you usually get the mosty agressive feedback from everyone, even your fans. Suddently, you get good reviews almost everywhere, you manage to sell 500 000 records in 3 months and you get awarded for being a "traiblazer woman" in music, an inspirational figure. I mean wtf ? She's already being generous by showing up and acting nice ; although, well, I think she's just surprised, it's so random.