Sign in to follow this  
lostindarkparadise

Lana Del Rey to Be Honored as 'Trailblazer' at Billboard's Women in Music

:creep:

H5u7UJg.png

he's always sf proud of his daughter. it's really sweet.

the pics w/gaga are killing me. i'm sure at this point there are both past whatever beef they used to have. they both came from the same scene & became famous. that's gotta be cool, regardless of anything else.

let me be who i'm meant to be

Lana & Gaga    December 11, 2015   =   Elvis Presley & The Beatles back in 1965- August 27, 1965

50 years in the making

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This is the funniest thing ever.

I am having so much fun watching the meltdowns from both fandoms. Honestly, I love them both (although Lana's music is in my eye obviously better than Gaga's), but I do like them both & their music. Glad they didn't start a huge fight and instead put whatever was from their past behind them finally. And the fact that they both posted photos of each other must mean they are officially over the beef. They easily could have posted individual photos just of themselves, but they didn't.

Lana & Gaga December 11, 2015 = Elvis Presley & The Beatles back in 1965- August 27, 1965

50 years in the making

I'm sorry, did you mean Lana & Demi?

CV_MqGSVEAAidjW.jpg

vLfu7M0.gif

Posted severly on the status bar but not here, anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJR06ouIPU

She didn't know what to thank tbh. When you kinda look at it, the award is kinda... pointless? Billboard is awarding u so like, what's really the point ??. I don't know, but I feel like she didn't want to be there, the whole "perspective" and just "figuring out" thing made me think about all the "anti-femenism" stuff lana has said in the past and it makes me feel that it must have been really awkard to be in a room full of people who are being awarded bc of their great work as women  in the music industry and you are just being constantly critizided for doing the opposite thing.  Maybe that's the  reason she sounds so awkard idk, maybe it's all on my mind  :biblio:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Posted severly on the status bar but not here, anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJR06ouIPU

She didn't know what to thank tbh. When you kinda look at it, the award is kinda... pointless? Billboard is awarding u so like, what's really the point ??. I don't know, but I feel like she didn't want to be there, the whole "perspective" and just "figuring out" thing made me think about all the "anti-femenism" stuff lana has said in the past and it makes me feel that it must have been really awkard to be in a room full of people who are being awarded bc of their great work as women  in the music industry and you are just being constantly critizided for doing the opposite thing.  Maybe that's the  reason she sounds so awkard idk, maybe it's all on my mind  :biblio:

maybe you simply fail to realise what ppl who suffer from anxiety go through. an award show like this and so many people are pretty much a nightmare. 

I don't know, but I feel like she didn't want to be there, the whole "perspective" and just "figuring out" thing made me think about all the "anti-femenism" stuff lana has said in the past and it makes me feel that it must have been really awkard to be in a room full of people who are being awarded bc of their great work as women  in the music industry and you are just being constantly critizided for doing the opposite thing. 

I kind of got the feeling that's what she was talking about too. It made me think of the essays in Lorde's Twitter likes about Lana and feminism. I feel like all this time Lana was just doing her thing, but she wasn't thinking about it in a feminist theory standpoint. Like in her mind, she knows that all the dependency, self-destruction, Lolita stuff are supposed to illustrate something dark about relationships, but now she's having people spelling it out for her like, "You're showing the toxicity of embodying the male fantasy." She had the idea but she didn't realize how to explain it in words (because she's obviously not into reading feminist theory lolz), so now she's probably having a lightbulb moment.

Idk that's how I took it. But maybe it's because I've been reading essays on what Lana's perspective really is.

149o3h3.jpg

I kind of got the feeling that's what she was talking about too. It made me think of the essays in Lorde's Twitter likes about Lana and feminism. I feel like all this time Lana was just doing her thing, but she wasn't thinking about it in a feminist theory standpoint. Like in her mind, she knows that all the dependency, self-destruction, Lolita stuff are supposed to illustrate something dark about relationships, but now she's having people spelling it out for her like, "You're showing the toxicity of embodying the male fantasy." She had the idea but she didn't realize how to explain it in words (because she's obviously not into reading feminist theory lolz), so now she's probably having a lightbulb moment.

Idk that's how I took it. But maybe it's because I've been reading essays on what Lana's perspective really is.

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of stuff about that too jajaja (thanks to Lanaboards :facepalm: ) 

I guess that being so filled with that point of view made me see it that way, now that people bring up that Lana has said she has anxiety made me realize I hadn't really believe her thus forgeting she ever said it :lel:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif