naachoboy

"Some Things Last a Long Time" by Lana Del Rey for "Hi How Are You Daniel Johnston?"

10 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

I listen to it a LOT. I was a DJ fan before I was a Lana  fan so it was so special to me :krylie: but the original is always best, so heartbreaking. Lana did such a fucking good job on that cover though, it’s my favorite cover of hers, ever. 

So do I! It's completely part of Lana's official discography as far as I'm concerned. I have it on my Lana playlist in between Honeymoon and LFL. It's one of the sad songs I listen to when I want to listen to sad music.

With it not being on streaming though, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the newer fans from the past few years have no idea it even exists

59 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

This cover really doesn't get enough attention

I never see anyone bring it up, ever. Did everyone forget about it?

It's one of my top 25 favourite songs in her whole discography. The way she sings it with so much emotion makes it seem like she could've written it. I'll always love this song so much with some bittersweet memories tied to it x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This cover is insanely good and anytime I’m trying to express the depth of Lana’s artistry and reverence towards more obscure references I play them this cover. I wish it was officially on streaming (unless it is and I’m dumb).