naachoboy

"Some Things Last a Long Time" by Lana Del Rey for "Hi How Are You Daniel Johnston?"

New interview for V Magazine about it: http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/5142/lana-del-rey-and-daniel-johnston

[Johnston] was typically taciturn when I approached him and asked him if he was going to watch the film.

“Probably not,” Johnston responds, barely looking up. “I’m just going to stay here and eat my candy.”

Isn’t he interested to hear Del Rey’s cover? “I’ve never heard of her,” he says. “I haven’t heard it. Have you got the song on tape?”

:rollin:

149o3h3.jpg

New interview for V Magazine about it: http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/5142/lana-del-rey-and-daniel-johnston

[Johnston] was typically taciturn when I approached him and asked him if he was going to watch the film.

“Probably not,” Johnston responds, barely looking up. “I’m just going to stay here and eat my candy.”

Isn’t he interested to hear Del Rey’s cover? “I’ve never heard of her,” he says. “I haven’t heard it. Have you got the song on tape?”

Anyway I'm sure that fatty will die soon enough :illuminataylor: :troll:

New interview for V Magazine about it: http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/5142/lana-del-rey-and-daniel-johnston[Johnston] was typically taciturn when I approached him and asked him if he was going to watch the film.

omggg

image.png

I don't know how utterly strange her association with somebody like DJ is (as the first paragraph suggests), as she has stanned for Antony and Johnsons too (as Lizzy in an indexmagazine interview, where she identified Antony as the most kissable celebrity). The fact that she only heard of DJ through Barrie is interesting. The fact that DJ hadn't heard the song (or was he being *clearly* sarcastic, which is something the article writer should have said) was also surprising, but the producer undoubtedly did hear the song. I wonder what DJ would/will make of the fact that LDR dialed down the despondency of his song (ever so slightly) in the last lyrics to his song. Either way it's a great song, but I keep hoping someone's gonna mention that.

The fact that she only heard of DJ through Barrie is interesting.

Something got lost in translation when they said she first heard of Daniel Johnston when she watched the documentary in 2005 with Barrie - either she watched the documentary in 2005 or she watched it with Barrie. Maybe she watched it with whoever was her boyfriend in 2005. I felt like the entire article was like that - manipulating things people said to make Lana look bad. Hard to tell the context the director told that story in either - did he say it lovingly, as a joke? The reporter made it sound like she basically stalked/paid her way into the film project. 

Something got lost in translation when they said she first heard of Daniel Johnston when she watched the documentary in 2005 with Barrie - either she watched the documentary in 2005 or she watched it with Barrie. Maybe she watched it with whoever was her boyfriend in 2005. I felt like the entire article was like that - manipulating things people said to make Lana look bad. Hard to tell the context the director told that story in either - did he say it lovingly, as a joke? The reporter made it sound like she basically stalked/paid her way into the film project. 

The article clearly says 'after seeing the 2005 documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston' which means that the documentary was made in 2005, not that she watched it in 2005

The article clearly says 'after seeing the 2005 documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston' which means that the documentary was made in 2005, not that she watched it in 2005

Ah, you're right. It was the phrase "her then boyfriend" that made it seem like "then" meant 2005.

Another issue is whether Justin Parker was instagrammed by LDR solely because of his relation to the cover. Seems like more LDR/JP work in the near future is in doubt now if so, or is there other info about that?

Another issue is whether Justin Parker was instagrammed by LDR solely because of his relation to the cover. Seems like more LDR/JP work in the near future is in doubt now if so, or is there other info about that?

People have said this cover isn't new-therefore that picture of her with JP wasn't hinting as this song being the product

Good question. As @@luckyonewithoutyou stated above, this song was recorded a while ago. That picture on her instagram is new and it was definitely taken recently, so I do think there will be some work with Justin Parker on her next release.

I feel bad for it but this is one of the first Lana songs ever that I couldn't even get through one listen of :( I'll try again in a few days, sometimes they take warming up to...

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.