Nick Del Rey

Lana Del Rey to perform in Russia

It was amazing omg... i just got back to he hotel at midnight but he crowd was amazing! I came only an hour before the gate opening but managed to get to 5th row and then 2nd row when Lana came. My legs still hurt so much it was painful but there were so many stans there!! I was so happy and we talked about how she was said yesterday so we gotta make her happy and I think she was happy during the show. it was a religious experience and i have the whole thing recorded from the very beginning when she came up until Ride including interludes and stuff but then my phone died :( i managed to take a really close up picture of her when she walked by and i'll upload everything tomorrow when i get back to istanbul! :)

2dv4k7o.jpg

The set is kinda all over the place. I like Freak being near the end. Summertime Sadness and Ride need to be axed forever. West Coast needs to come back. Cruel World could be replaced with a HM song. I wish she'd change out Lolita and Carmen for HM or UV songs.

Kinda hate how she's been touring BTD: The Paradise Edition for 5 years

I watched on periscope the entire show. These are my observations:

The good:

- Yayo was an eerie experience

- There were many Lana fans

- There were no backing tracks

- OTTR was pretty good (but she run away with no encore again)

The bad:

- Overall was an incredibly boring experience. Now I understand the clueless Belgians: if you’re not a Lana fan, sitting through her show can be a chore. Why is her show boring? Well firstly, Lana is not there: her delivery is lethargic, she has no energy and her voice is weak. Her band is becoming bland tbh. Secondly, her playlist is plagued with a lot of slow songs that she didn’t sing well (BTD, Ride was horrible, Carmen). This is not a festival setlist, period.

- She cannot interact with the audience. Her attempts were pathetic, like a shy schoolgirl that is for the first time on stage. When those nobodies’ backup bitches were next to her they exuded more confidence than Lana.

- Her voice was all over the place too many times. The fact that she cannot control her voice in live settings is disheartening.

- The setlist is an incoherent mess, those interludes about the moon were out of place.

In conclusion, I’m convinced that the decision to do a festival tour was a really bad one because she’s not in the position to hold her headline status. Her show is weak and I say this as a Lana fan, imagine how a non-fan will react to this boring mess. Unfortunately she woke up to late to improve her show, the backup girls are underused and misused in the same time in my opinion. But the main problem is Lana herself: her voice was tragic sometimes, she butchered Ride and she improvised badly on to many songs where she couldn’t hold the tune. I have a negative feeling about this tour but this is the consequence of not taking seriously and professionally your career

Are you sure you are a Lana fan? You seem more like those rude haters out there and tbh a festival is an open door for every musician to show their talent, and people should respect them as they're humans too. Also, if you don't like how Lana performs or how she does her shows. Why are you stanning her?, I mean aren't you supposed to support her?. Btw did you know this is LANA FORUM RIGHT??, i guess you take the wrong path signing up here.

tumblr_muupu53pag1r4rq1mo1_250.gif

mH6fLZ4.gif

Are you sure you are a Lana fan? You seem more like those rude haters out there and tbh a festival is an open door for every musician to show their talent, and people should respect them as they're humans too. Also, if you don't like how Lana performs or how she does her shows. Why are you stanning her?, I mean aren't you supposed to support her?. Btw did you know this is LANA FORUM RIGHT??, i guess you take the wrong path signing up here.

tumblr_muupu53pag1r4rq1mo1_250.gif

Critisizing a weak spot of an artist you like does not make you less of a fan. Just because you like an artist, that does not mean you have to love everything they do.

I remember my Lana concert back in 2013, it was really great but I also thought that it would definitly be boring for anyone who's not a big fan.

Yeah, it's a Lana forum, but that does not mean we have to constantly praise her for everything

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Criticism is fine.. I think most people agree Lana's shows aren't super appealing to people who don't love her or at least like her kind of music.. That being said I feel like flipflop is being a bit harsh with criticism.. Kinda disrespectful Imo.. While they have the freedom to do that, they also gotta own up to the criticism their criticism gets.. 

When people are passionate about things, and people its hard to see that thing/person being disrespected or belittled.. So if people are gonna be harsh/rude by calling lana's vocals messy, her presence lethargic, weak voiced,  and calling her a shy school girl.. They gonna have to deal with the consequences of doing that so... 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

There's a difference between constructive, and even passionate, criticism, and posting just for the sake of putting an artist down. Not to mention deciding you're qualified to make a mental health diagnosis of an artist.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I do critisize her a lot, but look, I always thought that my issues with her performances were fair. And she has changed things up and I am SUPER HAPPY with it. Of course she can do changes here and there with the setlist, like finally kicking some songs like Born To Die (doesn't sound THAT great live, which is fine or finally getting rid of Cola), but she made some pretty drastic changes that I am totally fine with. 

I just don't understand why she pays UV so much dust live, like baby girl, songs like Old Money, Black Beauty or Florida Kilos would work perfectly live, especially FK. It's like made for her new stage concept with background dancers.

I have this feeling that the new live concept is an indicator for her new album. 

I watched on periscope the entire show. These are my observations:

The good:

- Yayo was an eerie experience

- There were many Lana fans

- There were no backing tracks

- OTTR was pretty good (but she run away with no encore again)

The bad:

- Overall was an incredibly boring experience. Now I understand the clueless Belgians: if you’re not a Lana fan, sitting through her show can be a chore. Why is her show boring? Well firstly, Lana is not there: her delivery is lethargic, she has no energy and her voice is weak. Her band is becoming bland tbh. Secondly, her playlist is plagued with a lot of slow songs that she didn’t sing well (BTD, Ride was horrible, Carmen). This is not a festival setlist, period.

- She cannot interact with the audience. Her attempts were pathetic, like a shy schoolgirl that is for the first time on stage. When those nobodies’ backup bitches were next to her they exuded more confidence than Lana.

- Her voice was all over the place too many times. The fact that she cannot control her voice in live settings is disheartening.

- The setlist is an incoherent mess, those interludes about the moon were out of place.

In conclusion, I’m convinced that the decision to do a festival tour was a really bad one because she’s not in the position to hold her headline status. Her show is weak and I say this as a Lana fan, imagine how a non-fan will react to this boring mess. Unfortunately she woke up to late to improve her show, the backup girls are underused and misused in the same time in my opinion. But the main problem is Lana herself: her voice was tragic sometimes, she butchered Ride and she improvised badly on to many songs where she couldn’t hold the tune. I have a negative feeling about this tour but this is the consequence of not taking seriously and professionally your career

I agree on certain points. Nevertheless, I don't get what you expect her to do. The fact that her voice sometimes appears to be weak is what I actually like! That's how she brings them to life. In fact, I'd be bored if she sounded exactly like on her CD

I normally don't have any problem with Lana at all, I'm spending a lot of money for her I'm spending every single second of my time doing edits about her etc, when she's happy I'm happy, but to be completely honest I'm a bit confused to say the least at her choices, because I became a fan out of nowhere in December 2014 and it started with UV and unreleased so I never had the connection some people - rightfully so, I absolutely don't judge - might have with BTD or Para. I just, very personally, somehow regret that she's not paying more attention to what I genuinely believe is purely and simply her best album and best sounding songs yet. I'm going to see her in a week and I'm extremely happy about it and I'm happy she's playing the songs she love and I will most definitely come cry here saying it was the best day of my life but for the first time, and although she put the song that got me into her and is still my favourite pop song ever on the playlist, I feel some detachment to her. Idk I had a bad evening so. I keep hoping and hoping and she does new stuff but in an old kind of way? I'm just trying to say I'm tired with this setlist but I've already been too lucky so it's not even my place to speak. Idk.

ZKcaooE.png

Lana on the guitar playing Yayo is also kinda super sexy, ngl. She ain't the most advanced guitar player, but she doesn't have to be. They have also changed arrangements. It's really working and different.

Off To The Races and High By The Beach sound and look awesome, too.

Would love to see "Why Don't You Do Right" as a cover.

I just don't understand why she pays UV so much dust live, like baby girl, songs like Old Money, Black Beauty or Florida Kilos would work perfectly live, especially FK. It's like made for her new stage concept with background dancers.

I think UV has a lot of songs that could be triggering for her... 

Florida Kilos would be SO good, though...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

When is the first concert that's not in a festival?

If I'm not mistaken, one of her shows in Switzerland is just for her and Aloe Blacc as the opening act. Kinda like a headlining concert, but still part of a multiple-day festival.