gloomyharlow

What can be attributed to Lana's physical change after 2012?

If we all recall, when Lana first came out and Born To Die was just released, she always looked so put together and fantastic. Around 2013 things started to change with her. There were days where she was walking down the street looking at bit disheveled. There were times when she appears on red carpet events looking matronly wearing clothes that made her look older then she was. Then of course the major talk was of her weight gain since 2012. Me personally I like the fact that she gained some weight and looks gorgeous regardless of it. It's the clothes and the way she's presents herself that has me thinking what's happening here? Maybe hiring a stylist isn't a bad idea especially for red carpet events. Maybe all this can be part of her depression? Or maybe she just doesn't care how she looks anymore? She's such a stunning woman and she use to be so confident showing herself off, but nowadays it's like she just doesn't care. What does everyone think?

I feel like during the honeymoon era she's began to wear loose fitting clothes and they don't really suit her. I feel like she should wear clothes that fit her better and fix those ugly bangs mess She'd look way better imo 

lilkimxchapelle.png

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future
And time future contained in time past
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

She never cared about fashion. She said this even during the Born to Die era. And she gained weight because of her anxiety, it's absolutely normal.

It has to do with her lack of activity too, I think. She doesn't dance, exercise, do yoga or whatever.

I think during the BTD era her record label was kind of controlling her and dressing her and making her wear stupid things, then eventually she stopped going along with it. I love 2015 dgaf Lana, truly one of the least materialistic celebs out there.

I think she's just getting old and tired. Nobody's gonna change that. She's been chasing this dream waaaay longer than we've even known about her, she's probably done being all dolled up all the time.

Defined to this. She achieved what she wanted with BTD. The rest is just "for fun" 

I agree I think she looks good regardless. Idk why so many people care that she doesn't step out in Versace but whatever.

I meant her body, but I agree.

She looked amazing in 2013 though. It started to go down hill after UV. 

I blame it on LA. She needs to get out of that hot climate and sun.

I think it was just before the endless summer tour. I was so pumped to see her looks and when she got on stage I was like :dafuq: Ultraviolence Lana was amazing. She was beautiful, especially the dark eyeliner under the eyes, FUCK. 

lilkimxchapelle.png

I'm not saying she should be wearing high fashion couture all the time, but too look more put together and less frumpy. She can do that with jeans. I love what she's wearing in that live show in Sweden. Absolutely gorgeous. I guess it could be the record company controlling what she wore in the earlier years. It could explain a lot.

Maybe she's dressing however the hell she wants and doesn't feel the need to dress in a manor people she doesn't know would prefer. 

And seriously, so fucking sick of this shit. There's a few other threads about it. Why do y'all care if she's gained weight or not? There's some deep rooted misogyny in this shit.  

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg