LDRO

Instagram Updates

Okay I just want to preface by saying I'm not criticising anyone here for their comments. There is absolutely nothing wrong with complimenting her appearance. However ...

I read so many comments today that said stuff like, "oh you look 17!" and "how youthful" etc ... and I'm not faulting people for making such comments because they didn't do anything wrong, but I don't know if it's beneficial for Lana to be reading those (if she does).

There is such pressure on women to stay young ... and for someone in the public eye I'm sure that's amplified by a bazillion. Obviously she does feel that pressure or she wouldn't've had work done, and I wonder if, now that she's in her mid 30s, she worries about how much of her popularity is about her appearance. We, the hardcore stans, stan because of her music and because of who she is as a person, but there absolutely is an element of her fanbase that just like her because she's cute. We've talked a lot about how music doesn't seem to be her priority rn, and about how she's less glamourous, and I just wonder if any of that is coming from her buckling under the pressure of how she appears.

You only have to look at the difference in "likes" when she posts a picture of herself, and when she posts something else. For example, that selfie from her poetry book got way more attention than the poems she posted right beside it. I thought that was a little sad.

So yeah, I don't know that everyone going on about how young she looks in photos is a good thing for her or for the young people reading those comments, and I wish she'd turn the comments off.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I read so many comments today that said stuff like, "oh you look 17!" and "how youthful" etc ... and I'm not faulting people for making such comments because they didn't do anything wrong, but I don't know if it's beneficial for Lana to be reading those (if she does).

I totally agree I don't get why people insist on saying she looks so 'young'. She looks like a grown woman, its really gross and infantilizing towards women to constantly compliment them by telling them they look like a teenager. In general society is so afraid of the word woman and women looking like women. 

I totally agree I don't get why people insist on saying she looks so 'young'. She looks like a grown woman, its really gross and infantilizing towards women to constantly compliment them by telling them they look like a teenager. In general society is so afraid of the word woman and women looking like women. 

Agreed. When I say they didn't do anything wrong, I meant that they were obviously trying to be complimentary and probably didn't consider the implications of such comments. You're right, it's more of a problem with society as a whole: there is nothing wrong with a 33-year-old woman looking 33. She, and any other woman, doesn't need to look almost half her age to be considered attractive. I don't like the message that that sends to Lana, or to the other (mostly young) people reading those comments.

I think she looks about her age, and I also don't think that there is anything at all wrong with that. She's a very attractive 33-year-old woman.

the amount of likes of the photo of lana and the dog compared to her friend group and chuck i-

I actually liked Chuck's photo and not the other two because I knew that'd happen and wanted to give Chuck a boost, haha.

The photo with the friends has less likes but more comments than Chuck's ... so many people dragging them in the comments ... I'm actually surprised.

Idk where to put this and this seemed like the most appropriate thread. It was her friend's birthday yesterday.

She looks so happy and fresh.

10538t1.jpg

https://vk.com/ldrey?w=wall-29173834_296123

Got to wonder if there'd be quite so much videoing going on if Lana wasn't there, though ... everyone except Lana and one other ... :smokes3:

Idk where to put this and this seemed like the most appropriate thread. It was her friend's birthday yesterday.

She looks so happy and fresh.

10538t1.jpg

https://vk.com/ldrey?w=wall-29173834_296123

Got to wonder if there'd be quite so much videoing going on if Lana wasn't there, though ... everyone except Lana and one other ... :smokes3:

i love this so much. this is so cliche but her smiling makes me smile. i should just go out and enjoy life like she is instead of being bitter on here about some album