LDRO

Instagram Updates

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

oh dear we've moved to handwritten lines on typed pages? All she needs is a cigarette across the page and we've reached peak instapoet aesthetics  :creep:

I wonder if she's handwriting on every book she binds  :teehee: 

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Caption:

all you have to do is change everything...

http://instagram.com/p/BwfcDrjDFR-/

She capitalised the A in the pink "all" but not in the blue and green ones. Time to overanalyse in 3 ... 2 ...

ETA: yeah, I got nuthin'.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I mean I know we love her but is her poetry really that great? Really? Everyone on IG's all "omg this is so powerful" 'n' shit, and I'm a petty, cold-hearted bitch but am I the only one who thinks it just isn't that amazing?

If it wasn't Lana's, it'd be on some WordPress blog somewhere with 17 views in the last 3 years.

I'll wait for the book, but I'm not really feeling it.

Personally I like them. They're all over the place, the choices of words seem random sometimes and like the first things that come to her mind and that's the appeal (imo). I really, really like them. When she posted Happy I actually teared up a tad bit, and no one likes that one (remains my favorite, too). I love the rhyming, I really do. I loved the Tesla mom car and the it's practically Elizabethan without the horses. I think they're quirky and fun and sweet just like her.

I know she's not, I don't know, Rimbaud, but the thing is, I don't think she's pretending to be any other than herself. She's just feeling her emotions and letting them on paper. If she was aiming to be "A Poet" I'm sure her poetry would be waaaay different. Polished to say the least. I like it like this.

They're characteristic. It's like when I'm reading Garcia Lorca or Alejandra Pizarnik: they're them. I won't ever confuse Pizarnik with any other nor I would confuse Lana with Rupi Kaur. Her poems sound just like broken screen phone, ketchup stained laptop, house near the freeway (in Mar Vista by the beach) Lana. Genuine and a bit weird.

I mean what kind of poetry could anyone expect of a millionaire who willingly lives that close to a damn freeway...

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Personally I like them. They're all over the place, the choices of words seem random sometimes and like the first things that come to her mind and that's the appeal (imo). I really, really like them. When she posted Happy I actually teared up a tad bit, and no one likes that one (remains my favorite, too). I love the rhyming, I really do. I loved the Tesla mom car and the it's practically Elizabethan without the horses. I think they're quirky and fun just like her.

I know she's not, I don't know, Rimbaud, but the thing is, I don't think she's pretending to be any other than herself. She's just feeling her emotions and letting them on paper. If she was aiming to be "A Poet" I'm sure her poetry would be waaaay different. Polished to say the least. I like it like this.

They're characteristic. It's like when I'm reading Garcia Lorca or Alejandra Pizarnik: they're them. I won't ever confuse Pizarnik with any other nor I would confuse Lana with Rupi Kaur. Her poems sound just like broken screen phone, ketchup stained laptop, house on the freeway (in Mar Vista by the beach) Lana. Genuine and a bit weird.

I mean what kind of poetry could anyone expect of a millionaire who willingly lives that close to a damn freeway...

Thank you, I love Lana's poetry. Her words are very genuine. 

Thank you, I love Lana's poetry. Her words are very genuine.

Right! They really seem to come from the core of her heart... She's just being nostalgic, sweet, romantic and random Lana, which means she's being herself...

My favorite thing about her music and her is the way she talks and thinks and writes of love. So you can just imagine how much I like her poetry.

They really are super personal, I respect and love that she feels like sharing them with us... some of these really seem to be like, really only directed to the one she's writing about (or to)

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

I'm getting a manic-depressive vibe from some of her recent posts, which may just mean snippet tactics shouldn't be applied to poems, as it just exacerbates the ambiguity she usually puts in her work. If she wants us to react to what she does, here's what I got:

"You can have a life beyond your wildest dreams
  all you have to do is change everything"

On the upside this does seem to say something opposite to Hillsong (TV is my reference), where you might expect to hear (ad naseum) just surrender yourself to Christ and everything will change (for the better). Here (I will optimistically assume) she puts the onus of change's effect on the change itself. On the downside, her statement also implies that everything is wrong. Her writing things with different colors doesn't help me impute any seriousness to her thoughts, which may have been intentional on her part (even if it's, in fact, unintentional). On the third hand, she could just be posing a tautology; if you change everything it's incomprehensible.

"I measure time by the days I've spent away from you
that thought occurred to me
as I watched the sky go dark from blue"

OK, so Neil Young has it "out of the blue and into the black", Get free has it "out of the black and into the blue", now we're back to Neil's more pessimistic view, and she also says "It comes in waves". That would be the manic-depressive vibe. The philosophical pessimist in me also resonated with the idea that people do, in fact, measure time by the days (well years) they've spent away from their birth. Need the rest of the poem (if there is some) to know precisely what she's getting at here (mother?, philosophical pessimism?, absent lover?).

While I like the "Borg-collective" imagery she's been using of late, I can't map it into a good thing (part of the change that changes everything) or a bad thing. The upside is that she may be a trekkie in some sense (which is a potentially religion-neutral, homophillic, and pro-technology position); the downside is she's being assimilated by something and the imagery expresses some kind of fear.

Happy Easter!

I'm getting a manic-depressive vibe from some of her recent posts, which may just mean snippet tactics shouldn't be applied to poems, as it just exacerbates the ambiguity she usually puts in her work. If she wants us to react to what she does, here's what I got:

On the upside this does seem to say something opposite to Hillsong (TV is my reference), where you might expect to hear (ad naseum) just surrender yourself to Christ and everything will change (for the better). Here (I will optimistically assume) she puts the onus of change's effect on the change itself. On the downside, her statement also implies that everything is wrong. Her writing things with different colors doesn't help me impute any seriousness to her thoughts, which may have been intentional on her part (even if it's, in fact, unintentional). On the third hand, she could just be posing a tautology; if you change everything it's incomprehensible.

OK, so Neil Young has it "out of the blue and into the black", Get free has it "out of the black and into the blue", now we're back to Neil's more pessimistic view, and she also says "It comes in waves". That would be the manic-depressive vibe. The philosophical pessimist in me also resonated with the idea that people do, in fact, measure time by the days (well years) they've spent away from their birth. Need the rest of the poem (if there is some) to know precisely what she's getting at here (mother?, philosophical pessimism?, absent lover?).

While I like the "Borg-collective" imagery she's been using of late, I can't map it into a good thing (part of the change that changes everything) or a bad thing. The upside is that she may be a trekkie in some sense (which is a potentially religion-neutral, homophillic, and pro-technology position); the downside is she's being assimilated by something and the imagery expresses some kind of fear.

Happy Easter!

I loved that

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Happy Easter!

this is a high quality post and i like it

giphy.gif

Caption:

Easter...and the world wakes up to bombings in Sri Lanka. I find all religions fail miserably in bringing peace to the world. Scratch the surface of history and you’ll find there’s always a religion lurking behind every war...like a dark shadow. This world is a very fragile place...held together by our simple kindness and compassion for each other...not by religion.

http://instagram.com/p/Bwhf26IFq1C/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwhf26IFq1C/

lana listen to your fucking dad challenge

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Caption:

Easter...and the world wakes up to bombings in Sri Lanka. I find all religions fail miserably in bringing peace to the world. Scratch the surface of history and you’ll find there’s always a religion lurking behind every war...like a dark shadow. This world is a very fragile place...held together by our simple kindness and compassion for each other...not by religion.

robert, an intellectual

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i'm gonna copy and past a comment on his instagram bcoz i couldn't say it better ! "It’s not religion, that’s just looking at it by the surface. It’s how people interpret their faith and how they behave. No faith/religion encourages war. People’s own greed and ignorance is what breeds war, not their faith."

Caption:

Like, 'k Rob, but didn't you send your kids to Catholic schools?