PrettyBaby

Create an Unreleased Lana Album/Playlist

Guest Dot

Ultraviolence (the way I think it should have been)

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. Florida Kilos

6. West Coast

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

10. Old Money

11. Black Beauty

12. Flipside

14. Sad Girl

15. Is This Happiness

16. The Other Woman

17. Guns & Roses

Hey I went radical and removed Dayglo Reflection from my volumes :hdu: I decided to reserve those just for unreleased songs...even though HBMP and Song of Myself don't count but shhh neither playlist could start any other way.

So here's what I'm doing with DR anyway

J7okWn1.png

Was gonna do a catch-all EP for released and semi-released non-album things since it appears she has a few upcoming collaborations that wouldn't qualify as unreleased (Brian Wilson, Giorgio Moroder, maybe The Weeknd), but I like "Young & Beautiful" as it's own single, it feels appropriate. So I was thinking of a theme between these remaining four tracks and any future collaborations and DUH--muses! People she's inspired by, whether featured or covered. It's also a nice flow rn, "Summer Wine" doesn't stand out as horribly as it might when coming after the Disney ending of OUAD and when containing the Billie Holliday outro flowing into the voice sample of Dayglo Reflection. Do recommend!

Hey I went radical and removed Dayglo Reflection from my volumes :hdu: I decided to reserve those just for unreleased songs...even though HBMP and Song of Myself don't count but shhh neither playlist could start any other way.

So here's what I'm doing with DR anyway

J7okWn1.png

Was gonna do a catch-all EP for released and semi-released non-album things since it appears she has a few upcoming collaborations that wouldn't qualify as unreleased (Brian Wilson, Giorgio Moroder, maybe The Weeknd), but I like "Young & Beautiful" as it's own single, it feels appropriate. So I was thinking of a theme between these remaining four tracks and any future collaborations and DUH--muses! People she's inspired by, whether featured or covered. It's also a nice flow rn, "Summer Wine" doesn't stand out as horribly as it might when coming after the Disney ending of OUAD and when containing the Billie Holliday outro flowing into the voice sample of Dayglo Reflection. Do recommend!

What about Goodbye Kiss??

I have Y&B included in my version of this EP because I don't like the song enough to keep it a standalone single taking up artwork space. :^)

Young & Beautiful

Once Upon a Dream

Goodbye Kiss

Summer Wine

Dayglo Reflection

Chelsea Hotel No. 2

14417469274.gif

in honour of the 4th of july, i created a playlist called GOD BLESS AMERICA. i took the original fanmade mixtape and extended & altered it in order to try and make a lana playlist that celebrates all things USA:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Happy Birthday Mr President (Intro)

National Anthem (Demo 2)

You Can Be The Boss

True Love On The Side

Hundred Dollar Bill

Ride (Radio Edit) [Explicit]

Playing Dangerous

Boarding School

Motel 6

Put the Radio On

Kinda Outta Luck

Oh Say Can You See

Dangerous Girl

Gods & Monsters

The Man I Love

Heavy Hitter

Butterflies (Part 2)

Puppy Love

Smarty

Pin Up Galore

Trash Magic

On Our Way

Every Man Gets His Wish

Television Heaven

Driving In Cars With Boys

Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

Stoplight De-lite

The Happiest Girl In The Whole USA

Queen of the Gas Station

Mermaid Motel

Never Let Me Go

Blue Velvet

Damn You

Body Electric

Hollywood

JFK

Off To The Races

Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)

Diet Mountain Diew

Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)

Million Dollar Man

Hey Lolita Hey

Hit and Run

She's Not Me

Young and Beautiful (Demo)

Brooklyn Baby

West Coast

Florida Kilos

Bel Air

Yayo (Paradise Version)

I Loved Him, I Loved Him, I Loved Him (Outro)

EDIT: i also created another playlist called BORN TO DIE (very inventive, ik) and i believe it encompasses the entire era. i included all the album tracks and what i believe to be outtakes:

BORN TO DIE

Happy Birthday Mr. President (Intro)

Born to Die

Off To The Races

Video Games

Diet Mountain Dew

National Anthem

Dark Paradise

Radio

Carmen

Million Dollar Man

Summertime Sadness

This Is What Makes Us Girls

Without You

Lolita

Lucky Ones

Live or Die

Take Me To Paris

Never Let Me Go

Puppy Love

Driving In Cars With Boys

On Our Way

Hundred Dollar Bill

You Can Be The Boss

Kinda Outta Luck

Put The Radio On

Serial Killer

Damn You

TV In Black & White

I Loved Him, I Loved Him, I Loved Him (Outro)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I had a fifteen hour flight and I made an "Ultimate Lana Del Rey" playlist, where I tried to sequence some sort of a narrative, whether lyrically, thematically, or sonically. I think it's super enjoyable and I really, really love listening to it. It has all of her officially released tracks as Lana Del Rey and two unreleased songs, but I've been meaning to add in a few unreleased/older songs but I'm not sure if I want to. If you have any suggestions, please help me out. Any switches/replacements in the playlist as well.

The story sort of goes from the West Coast to the East, starting with an epic opening with title tracks of her albums and moving on towards songs about the open road and California dreams, before going into this beautiful purgatory of her slower tracks, and the into a darker, more intense tracks, and finally into some playful ones before ending the playlist/story back in the West Coast/LA... at least that's what I wanted to do.

I present to you... a cringeworthy name:

Beyond Paradise

1. Blue Velvet
  2. Ultraviolence
  3. Born to Die
  4. Paradise Lost (Tropico excerpt)
  5. Gods & Monsters
  6. West Coast
  7. Ride Monologue
  8. Ride
  9. Guns and Roses
  10. Angels Forever, Forever Angels
  11. Black Beauty (Album version)
  12. Yayo (Paradise version)
  13. Bel Air (Tropico version)
  14. Is This Happiness
  15. Video Games
  16. Old Money
  17. Hotel Sayre
  18. Young and Beautiful
  19. Once Upon A Dream
  20. Tropico (Score)
  21. Blue Jeans
  22. Cola
  23. Fucked My Way Up To the Top
  24. I Sing The Body Electric (Tropico excerpt)
  25. Body Electric
  26. Sad Girl
  27. Carmen
  28. Pretty When You Cry
  29. I Don't Wanna Go
  30. Dark Paradise
  31. Million Dollar Man
  32. Kill Kill
  33. Shades of Cool
  34. Off to the Races
  35. The Other Woman
  36. Gramma 
  37. This Is What Makes Us Girls (Demo 2)
  38. Lolita (Demo 2)
  39. Florida Kilos
  40. West Coast (Radio Mix)
  41. Summertime Sadness (Extended radio mix)
  42. Burning Desire
  43. Flipside
  44. Starry Eyed
  45. Lucky Ones (Demo)
  46. Brooklyn Baby
  47. On Our Way
  48. Diet Mtn Dew (Demo 1)
  49. Radio
  50. Hollywood
  51. Money Power Glory
  52. National Anthem
  53. American
  54. Without You
  55. Cruel World

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

@@Rebel clutches pearls at Dark Paradise's placement. I think it looks really nice besides that. (Not the fact that it's there, just where you ended up putting it.) I'm also a fan of the transition from FK to WC Radio Mix.

If your playlist is about traveling from coast to coast I think you should add QOTGS and OOW but who knows if my two cents matter bc you hate some songs I love...Also I Don't Wanna Go and TVIB&W could easily fit in with this released-heavy playlist and sound nice.

@@Rebel clutches pearls at Dark Paradise's placement. I think it looks really nice besides that. (Not the fact that it's there, just where you ended up putting it.) I'm also a fan of the transition from FK to WC Radio Mix.

If your playlist is about traveling from coast to coast I think you should add QOTGS and OOW but who knows if my two cents matter bc you hate some songs I love...Also I Don't Wanna Go and TVIB&W could easily fit in with this released-heavy playlist and sound nice.

Yeah I didn't know where to put Dark Paradise and Burning Desire and a few other songs, and at one point I realized I didn't even have OTTR in the playlist, lol... I wanna add finish-sounding tracks to it too so I might add I Don't Wanna Go and Starry Eyed, yeah. 

My favorite part is from West Coast to Young and Beautiful, it fits in together so perfectly.

Yeah I didn't know where to put Dark Paradise and Burning Desire and a few other songs, and at one point I realized I didn't even have OTTR in the playlist, lol... I wanna add finish-sounding tracks to it too so I might add I Don't Wanna Go and Starry Eyed, yeah. 

My favorite part is from West Coast to Young and Beautiful, it fits in together so perfectly.

Burning Desire always sounds perfect right after the Summertime Sadness extended radio mix, give it a try. And move DP before MDM imo

Burning Desire always sounds perfect right after the Summertime Sadness extended radio mix, give it a try. And move DP before MDM imo

Yisss okay I edited it go look, added some extra tracks.

Yisss okay I edited it go look, added some extra tracks.

I'm gonna listen to it bc it looks pretty good but maybe you can explain the reasoning on your Kill Kill placement...It's surrounded by such bombastic songs. I feel like it should go by West Coast or The Other Woman somehow.

Also I already know Blue Jeans with the string intro will be great so i replaced it and you should too :tina:

I'm gonna listen to it bc it looks pretty good but maybe you can explain the reasoning on your Kill Kill placement...It's surrounded by such bombastic songs. I feel like it should go by West Coast or The Other Woman somehow.

Also I already know Blue Jeans with the string intro will be great so i replaced it and you should too :tina:

I really didn't want to put the two AKA tracks next to each other and I thought it fit great after MDM and before Shades of Cool soooo I don't know what you're saying. I tried putting it QOTGS and TVINBW but I couldn't do it because they still felt super out of place next to the rest of the songs. Also yes listen to it it's pretty good especially during the "On The Road" sequence that slowly goes into the ~slow pretty songs~ part

Also bitch I got the video version of Blue Jeans too

Finally sat down and created my very first cohesive playlist! Been wanting to create one for so long, but I've never had the time to do it. It's called... Sunset Twist!

8fgIWgv.jpg

Tracklist:

• Kill Kill
  • Motel 6
  • Hundred Dollar Bill
  • Backfire
  • TV in Black & White
  • Hollywood
  • Every Man Gets His Wish
  • Daytona Meth
  • Old Money
  • On Our Way
  • Without You
  • The Other Woman
  • Radio (Demo)
  • Million Dollar Man (Demo)
  • Angels Forever Forever Angels

Thoughts/LANALYSIS/Fanfic:

1. Kill Kill - Is such a great opener and really sets a tone and vibe to it all. Certainly a reason why it's the first on Lana Del Ray. Give me them beachy tunes~

2. Motel 6 - Goes very well hand in hand with "Kill Kill" and sort of has this attitude to it.

3. Hundred Dollar Bill - A continuation to "Motel 6". Badass chick looking for the #thrill and rush.

4. Backfire - Realizes she cannot live without him. She puts herself out there and opens up.

5. TV in Black & White - Reminiscing the old times they used to spend times together. A big sister to the "Kill Kill" beach feeling~

6. Hollywood - But she has other ways of spending her living. Glamour, gold and Hollywood. *white cali girl voice* lets go shopping!

7. Every Man Gets His Wish - "Hollywood" part 2. Whilst in paradise and Hollywood realizing the way it used to be... Missing him.

8. Daytona Meth - It's like a Hollywood movie. Realizing all of this among the opulence in Hollywood. Reminiscing á "TV in Black & White" but in a more mournful way. K dying. Suddenly realizing we're all gonna die.

9. Old Money - Polished "Daytona Meth". Remember those times? Those summer nights seem long ago

10. On Our Way - Gonna let the lyrics speak for themselves: You say we're gonna run away / I love you more with each and everyday / You say that we were meant to be / We'll be together finally / Life on the run has set me free, me free now

11. Without You - Title speaks for itself.

12. The Other Woman - I'll be the lonely girl. Is this my destiny? The other woman. The one who doesn't end up with true love after all~

13. Radio (Demo) - But you know what? You gotta make the best out of the situation. My songs are playing on the radio. I'm a successful artist. The loss of you almost made me lose myself. Boy I've been raised from the dead / No one even knows how hard life was.

14. Million Dollar Man (Demo) - A tribute. During the time I got to know you I dearly hope I made you feel like a million dollar man~ But why is my heart still broke?

15. Angels Forever Forever Angels - ...But I know someday we'll be united. ~The End~

Additional comment:

I'm sorry if this came across too fuzzy. I swear it was so much better in my head :toofunny:

But yeah I'm also struggling with the latter songs. I have two sort of endings to the album and it's either with a bittersweet way á "Million Dollar Man" So why is my heart broke? It's just such a heart wrenching way to end an album, but the concept lives on~

The other way is on a more spiritual note á "Angels Forever Forever Angels". That you and I were indeed born to die, but we'll be together soon. Thanks for bearing with me if you read all the way down here. This was so much fun. Let me know what you guys think. I might do another one! :)

EQFO7rX.png

@@Rafael keep MDM -> AFFA, I like referring to it as a "tribute". But I kinda think OOW should be earlier idk

I really didn't want to put the two AKA tracks next to each other and I thought it fit great after MDM and before Shades of Cool soooo I don't know what you're saying. I tried putting it QOTGS and TVINBW but I couldn't do it because they still felt super out of place next to the rest of the songs. Also yes listen to it it's pretty good especially during the "On The Road" sequence that slowly goes into the ~slow pretty songs~ part

Welp we're all wrong sometimes

Guest Dot

OMG it IS perfect! I love how you incorporated Hotel Sayre and the Ride monologue.

Welp we're all wrong sometimes

I like the self awareness!

@@Rebel

oh my god that playlist is SO FUCKING GOOD. i think i was spiritually healed. bel air -> is this happiness is just amazing. love ittttt

YES with the Tropico score intro too! It's so perfect

OMG it IS perfect! I love how you incorporated Hotel Sayre and the Ride monologue.

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Roller Derby

1. Hawaiian Tropic

2. Paris

3. Every Man Gets His Wish

4. Diet Mtn Dew (Demo #2)

5. Hollywood's Dead

6. Live Or Die

7. Kinda Outta Luck

8. You Can Be The Boss

9. Pin Up Galore

10. Yayo (from A.K.A.)

11. Trash Magic

12. Drive By

13. For K Part 2

14. Bad Disease

15. Pawn Shop Blues

16. Kill Kill

I like the self awareness!

:godlaugh2: Choke! You hittin me up for feedback and I'm giving it!

Seriously, put Kill Kill between WC and Ride, it sets the narrative for her traveling! Do you know I am going to leave you? Not to mention the sound blends flawlessly. That is the sonic section of the playlist for KK okay.

I might keep this playlist bc it was really good but maybe it's just my personal dislike towards Starry Eyed that makes it sound out of place...esp after Flipside. Would replace with TVIB&W for my own records. Then that gives you this fantastic section of huge vocal songs that's totally uninterrupted by a lowkey moment, from Dark Paradise to TOW.