Coney Island King

Sessions from BTD?

Is there a list of the songs created during the BTD sessions? I mean ones made for that specific album that never made it??? I know a few like....

Puppy Love.

Paris.

Hundred Dollar Bill.

Driving In Cars.

They appeared on the 20 track cd that press recieved earlier last year, but what are the other specifically???

The only song I would have wanted to make the album was Driving In Cars With Boys. It would be the more upbeat, happy song that the album really needed.

Kinda Outta Luck is the happy song BTD needed, let's get real here guys.

Guest Maru the Cat

The only song I would have wanted to make the album was Driving In Cars With Boys. It would be the more upbeat, happy song that the album really needed.

I get what you mean, but I think it would've stuck out like a sore thumb.

EDIT: Same with Kinda Outta Luck

STOP IT.

NOW.

YOUR INFORMATION IS CAUSING ME A FALSE INFORMATION HEART ATTACK.

When I next arryve at my computer, I will assist y'all in your commendable search of knowledge.

Kinda Outta Luck is the happy song BTD needed, let's get real here guys.

I think you spelt Hundred Dollar Bill wrong

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

I think you spelt Hundred Dollar Bill wrong

I completely missed HDB when reading that list.

HDB > KOL

HDB is the prostitution anthem of this decade, why it wasn't on BTD is baffling to me.

Driving in Cars with Boys

Hundred Dollar Bill

Kinda Outta Luck

Last Girl on Earth

Live or Die

Marilyn Monroe

On Our Way

Take Me to Paris

Velvet Crowbar

You Can Be the Boss

SHUT UP.

Sorry. That came out a little too strong. What I meant to say was "WRONG!!!!!"

Edited by Madrigal

Okay.

Error: the sampler referred to in the original post was not a CD. It was a digital sampler for which very limited access was permitted for a select few publications. It was 18 songs ("almost 19"), and included a variety of tracks from many different collaborators.

What you recall is indeed correct. However, I can add some titles to your list. Here's what I remember (should've saved the whole list):

• Live or Die
  • Put the Radio On
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Are You Ready (AKA: "Oooh Baby")
  • Kinda Outta Luck
  • Paris
  • C-Note (Version 1)
  • Driving In Cars with Boys
  • Carmen
  • Lolita

Sorry; I don't remember the other titles. :/ The ones to appear on the album were demos, proving in my mind she probably hadn't conceptualized Emile's work yet.

But on to Error Two: SESSIONS

Emile Haynie and Lana recorded songs that were written over a period from 2008-2011. Thus, the songs were recorded (usually multiple times) with the original writers serving as producers months and sometimes years before the final versions we have on Born to Die were finally redone.

And there needs to be some clarification: not every song from 2011 is even an "outtake" from the album. "Live or Die" is, but I don't think "Velvet Crowbar," which was recorded in early 2010, was ever even seriously considered. "On Our Way" is from the same sessions, and I'm not sure, but "Last Girl on Earth" might be as well. That's where we get the original version of "Carmen" too, by the way: same producer and session.

"You Can Be the Boss" and "Kinda Outta Luck" were produced together by Alexis Smith and Joe Henson. The pair also did a demo for "Diet Mountain Dew," though which one I don't recall. These three are also from early 2010.

Does this help clear up the situation any? I wish I knew a little more, but either I'm forgetting stuff or we will never have access to it. :/

Okay.

Error: the sampler referred to in the original post was not a CD. It was a digital sampler for which very limited access was permitted for a select few publications. It was 18 songs ("almost 19"), and included a variety of tracks from many different collaborators.

What you recall is indeed correct. However, I can add some titles to your list. Here's what I remember (should've saved the whole list):

• Live or Die
  • Put the Radio On
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Are You Ready (AKA: "Oooh Baby")
  • Kinda Outta Luck
  • Paris
  • C-Note (Version 1)
  • Driving In Cars with Boys
  • Carmen
  • Lolita

Sorry; I don't remember the other titles. :/ The ones to appear on the album were demos, proving in my mind she probably hadn't conceptualized Emile's work yet.

But on to Error Two: SESSIONS

Emile Haynie and Lana recorded songs that were written over a period from 2008-2011. Thus, the songs were recorded (usually multiple times) with the original writers serving as producers months and sometimes years before the final versions we have on Born to Die were finally redone.

And there needs to be some clarification: not every song from 2011 is even an "outtake" from the album. "Live or Die" is, but I don't think "Velvet Crowbar," which was recorded in early 2010, was ever even seriously considered. "On Our Way" is from the same sessions, and I'm not sure, but "Last Girl on Earth" might be as well. That's where we get the original version of "Carmen" too, by the way: same producer and session.

"You Can Be the Boss" and "Kinda Outta Luck" were produced together by Alexis Smith and Joe Henson. The pair also did a demo for "Diet Mountain Dew," though which one I don't recall. These three are also from early 2010.

Does this help clear up the situation any? I wish I knew a little more, but either I'm forgetting stuff or we will never have access to it. :/

Yes, I know, but I was just typing the ones that we actually have that aren't just alternate versions of songs from the actual album.

Yes, I know, but I was just typing the ones that we actually have that aren't just alternate versions of songs from the actual album.

Want to list all the others while you're at it? Doesn't really belong here.

Yeah..........Want to list "Elvis" and "Axl Rose Husband" while your at it?

Don't forget that she recorded 4 albums in 2009/2010 including "fill me up" and she recorded and there's a possibility that two of that albums would released before Born To Die album...

PLEASE.

CHILD, EVERYTHING THAT IDIOT BLOG SAID WAS A FABRICATION.

"FILL ME UP?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!"

:hottie: