Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

That's right my friend but saying HM lacks diversity is true, so the comparison sucks :smokes:

i didn't know that the first 4 tracks were all the same song. could have fooled me.  :thumb3:

actually i just started playing the title track and i swear i started singing GKIT .... damn the melody is just the same.

where did he show that? You can't show something that's not true. All of the songs on HM are good, you may like or dislike some of thm but the album as a whole is super monotonous and there is not much diversity.

First of all, we can agree on that music is a matter of taste. Secondly, every Lana album is monotonous according to what you say here. Do you read books expecting to read ten different storylines within one book? 

First of all, we can agree on that music is a matter of taste. Secondly, every Lana album is monotonous according to what you say here. Do you read books expecting to read ten different storylines within one book? 

i believe her trilogy ended without her even knowing. now on to the next chapter - on the other side.  :yesnod:

i didn't know that the first 4 tracks were all the same song. could have fooled me.  :thumb3:

actually i just started playing the title track and i swear i started singing GKIT .... damn the melody is just the same.

Again, I did never say the four first songs were the same song. I just said it starts of extremely slow and stays extremely slow, which makes the song lose a lot of appeal when listened to in this order. Then HBTB and Freak come on and the rest of the playlists decides to have basically the same tempo and the variation in the production and mood is so minimal that it just starts to feel like the album is dragging on and on. But since you are a smart boy, I'm sure you got what I meant :hooker:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

actually the composition of those songs is extremely similar :rip:

Music is a taste. But some things are not. You can't deny that HM has no big diversity in terms of tempo or production. Wether you like it or not is another thing. And no, BTD, UV and P are all cohesive, yet none of it is as monotonous as HM is.

And please, comparing books with albums? That's just weak.

Again, I did never say the four first songs were the same song. I just said it starts of extremely slow and stays extremely slow, which makes the song lose a lot of appeal when listened to in this order. Then HBTB and Freak come on and the rest of the playlists decides to have basically the same tempo and the variation in the production and mood is so minimal that it just starts to feel like the album is dragging on and on. But since you are a smart boy, I'm sure you got what I meant :hooker:

Music is a taste. But some things are not. You can't deny that HM has no big diversity in terms of tempo or production. Wether you like it or not is another thing. And no, BTD, UV and P are all cohesive, yet none of it is as monotonous as HM is.

apples and oranges. no rhyme or reason. no gin with no juice. no limes or apricots. no sea and moneys. no acid without any tone. 

make a youtube video about it and move on.  :heart:

Uh I'm the second biggest Honeymoon fan dude (after my dear friend @Art Deco :creep: ). Don't come for me with that attitude.

You are contradicting yourself, sorry. And calling that comparison "just weak" is pretty weak considering you didn't even provide arguments against it. 

She has managed to release 4 albums without changing the core sound drastically.

In that way, she has created her own "category" in the business, whereas the majority of other artists are competing in the same category.

Maybe y'all need better headphones to notice the beauty of HM. It's everything except boring and monotonous.

**3 albums , AKA was released but it was taken down after only being up for a short period and currently it isn't purchasable nor listenable (unless you rip/download it from somewhere else) and she completely ignores it besides Yayo (which was on the paradise ep so i would consider yayo a released song)

you must be talking about the last minute of TBD, and the entirety of 24 & SWAN SONG.  :smokes:

whaaaatttt this is honestly when i think the album gets good lol. honeymoon then mtwbt then tly then gkit. too many slow songs to start an album, especially considering that most of them are about 5 minutes or longer! if it weren't for hbtb, freak, art deco, and religion, this album would've been more monotonous than it already is.

how can y'all say hm isn't monotonous when the first three songs literally start like:

"Wee both knoooowwwww"

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiinkkkk Flamingoooeeessss"

"Youuuuuuuuuu Areeeeeeee What You AReeeeeee"

they all basically have the same melody, composition, and she sings them with the same monotonous voice.

you can't call btd uv and paradise monotonous because even if she has several ballads, she switches up her vocals!!!!!! the only vocally different song in hm is religion and only because of its "hallelujah" part.

Honeymoon is a great album, but just because its great doesn't mean it can't be monotonous. it is monotonous and i honestly think lana planned for it to be that way.

never said the word monotonous so much in my life 

You are contradicting yourself, sorry. And calling that comparison "just weak" is pretty weak considering you didn't even provide arguments against it. 

No, not really. Comparing a book to an album is just nonsense so I don't have to provide arguments against it. I don't have to provide arguments why you don't compare an album with a videogame or a TV show aswell.

"I think this mexican food is too hot." "Oh really? Do you think the sand is too hot in the summer aswell when you are on the beach?"

I agree, I hear HM every other days and its all monotonous.  She needs fast music. She delivered 4 albums (AKA, BTD, UV, HM) and a EP of slow ballads (excluding what 3 or 6 songs like Lolita and OTTR??), its time to move on.  Give me ft ASAP Rocky, Grimes, BANKS, or  Kendrick Lamar.  She praises Eminem and Rae Shremmurd and are even on the same record label yet has never interacted w/ them. I dont get this lady sometimes lol