Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

She's doing alternative pop now, while working with St.Vincent's producer. She could very well be releasing an amazing album..

And let's stay quiet about the cover because we might get one that's worse than honeymoon (it's just so ugly), this at least has a great shade of green...lol

I cant.

Looks like an album for lesbian vegans.

i'm laughing so hard right now

what is this :lmao:

The cover of an artist who was once super popular and who waited for too long to release a new album, had the biggest bomb of the last century and now, even the photographer doesn't care :rip:

Her fans are mostly screaming teenage girls and gays who are all about "stanning", "being sassy" and "hipster". The ongoing topics of her lyrics are romance, tragedy and bad boys.

Her reeasing a political album, at least if done in a straightforward way, would seem very off.

I agree with you! But, it's something that I would love, you know? It's something personal. Obviously there's a lot of things that we have to consider. But it would make me happy. I mean, I think that it would be great to see her talking something besides "romance, tragedy and bad boys". But, again, it's just something that I would enjoy.

(sorry if it sounds rude, english is not my first language)

I agree with you! But, it's something that I would love, you know? It's something personal. Obviously there's a lot of things that we have to consider. But it would make me happy. I mean, I think that it would be great to see her talking something besides "romance, tragedy and bad boys". But, again, it's just something that I would enjoy.

(sorry if it sounds rude, english is not my first language)

Well, there are definitly some interesting less "in your face" songs with a political/socio-critical content (for example Cowboys, Elysium and Western Eyes from portishead selftitled second album) and I guess it would be really nice to hear something like that.

I just can't really see Lana doing it, at least not completely out of the blue when the last material she released aswell as the songs she constantly performs are still about her usual topics.

And don't worry, you don't sound rude at all :)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Music should almost be an escape from reality.

I don't want hear Lana of all people, singing about anything political. Especially for a whole album.

I don't agree with you. Art is a way to portray the reality using the imagination/an artistic POV. We have a lot of political songs, and it doesn't make it less artistic than "escape from reality". Btw, it's hard to say what reality really is bc everyone have it's own reality. I think that art is a way to show to the world the reality that the artist lives in (but that's my opinion) 

The cover of an artist who was once super popular and who waited for too long to release a new album, had the biggest bomb of the last century and now, even the photographer doesn't care :rip:

those gaga teas tho.