Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

No im saying ill kill myself if she goes anywhere near Max Martin.

I'd rather cut myself then swim in a pool full of starving sharks than have something related to lana produced by this man

No im saying ill kill myself if she goes anywhere near Max Martin.

I'd rather cut myself then swim in a pool full of starving sharks than have something related to lana produced by this man

I'm confused is he a bad person or something?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Whatever happened to that title 'wild side'? I was so excited

Eclipse showed a screenshot of him asking Lana about it and she said she doesn't even know what wild side is

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Admittedly Max Martin is a lot more impressive than say Cedric Gervais (who "gave" LDR a "hit"). He's won songwriter of the year (ASCAP) 9 times! But if you look for solo stuff or his unique contribution to music, what is it? I mean what's his signature album (did he have a group before he was a producer?)? No seriously, what are his best songs (meaning mostly written by him), so I could at least get an idea of how desirable a collaborator he might be? I think I know of him the most from Britney Spears early output, and lately with Taylor. Another argument can be made: if you compare Max Martin's best song contributions to the best of LDR's unreleased corpus, if the comparison is favorable, this simply means that LDR can do, whatever it is she does, with a range of producers (well known or not) and still kick ass; she doesn't need MM (as much as he needs her) to create a hit. 

Perhaps it is easy to write a song that a lot of people are going to buy-- if you have good material to start with and you spice it up to taste like other hit songs that people buy a lot of (well that's my theory). It's like people buying more fast food than healthy or interesting food. So MM song co-writes could be like fast art. I mean Cedric Gervais *is* responsible for LDR's highest charting song in the UK, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or buy it. 

It really pisses me off how some of you don't want lana to succeed

she's going to always be around. she's got the funds to start her own record label and the fan base to exploit. 

i know that i am probably a terrible fan but tbh i like the idea of lana not being on the radio. she's the kind of an artist that is not meant for everybody. i'm sorry but i remember this one girl at school during BTD era and she loved Lana, she's had her face as a phone wallpaper and etc. i asked her what songs does she like she said "born to die" and "video games". i was shocked but gave her a chance, i said i can send her more songs bcecause they are amazing and she was like: "naaah, those are enough for me" like ?????? :facepalm: :eek:

also, when lana used to be everywhere on the radio and all those interviews during btd era there was a lot of criticism because people didn't understand her music.

i know i am a terrible fan sorry lana :kiss:

nsaalk.jpg

i know that i am probably a terrible fan but tbh i like the idea of lana not being on the radio. she's the kind of an artist that is not meant for everybody. i'm sorry but i remember this one girl at school during BTD era and she loved Lana, she's had her face as a phone wallpaper and etc. i asked her what songs does she like she said "born to die" and "video games". i was shocked but gave her a chance, i said i can send her more songs bcecause they are amazing and she was like: "naaah, those are enough for me" like ?????? :facepalm: :eek:

also, when lana used to be everywhere on the radio and all those interviews during btd era there was a lot of criticism because people didn't understand her music.

i know i am a terrible fan sorry lana :kiss:

so hipster of you my bby. lol

for me it's ... it'll be great either way but remember radio means NOTHING these days. 

so hipster of you my bby. lol

for me it's ... it'll be great either way but remember radio means NOTHING these days. 

a hipster? haha :P  naah i didn't mean to sound like one :toofunny:  but you're right radio is awful, i can't listen to it anymore but a lot of my friends don't have "favourite music" - just something they like on the radio/they heard in the club... :deadbanana:

nsaalk.jpg

It really pisses me off how some of you don't want lana to succeed

I think its more people don't want her to work with people like Max Martin etc, because they already know how she feels about SS being remixed by Cedrig, even though it was a hit she hated it, so in theory its more people would rather her not sell out just to have a hit.

As far as I'm concerned her music hasn't changed that much from the BTD era anyway, different sounds, but still her signature sound etc, her music is very recognisable from any album, for me the problem is probably more budget related, no big flashy videos, promotion (even if she did cancel most of it  :toofunny: ) High By The Beach was the most listable song on Honeymoon and not that different to what was on BTD so if her label had pushed it more it probably would have done better.

qsVmBMd.png

just because its more mainstream doesnt mean its gonna be a success.

look at electra heart, its an extremely mainstream album for marina and look how mediocre it did. its only remembered on tumblr lol

look at electra heart, its an extremely mainstream album for marina and look how mediocre it did. its only remembered on tumblr lol

CACKLING - although on the real - that is some of her best writing.

CACKLING - although on the real - that is some of her best writing.

Electra Heart > TFJ and Froot  :notamused:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif