Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Can you imagine if Lana was like George R.R Martin with her releases... this forum would probably implode haha!

I mean, A Feast For Crows was 2005 and then the next book A Dance With Dragons wasn't till 2011... and the book after that is still being written...  :facepalm:

So on the bright side it kinda makes the wait for LDR5 seem not too bad? :P  

I'm sure early next year, once Christmas/New Year is out of the way, we'll get SOME piece of information about LDR5! An album title, a single title, a single release date, a new interview or some kind of tease... 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

UV is much sadder and darker than Honeymoon imo. 

I'd love if Lana would do some happy songs for LDR5. I need more songs like Radio, Life Is Beautiful or I Can Fly.

Radio and ICF are some of my least least fav songs from her :toofunny:

Radio and ICF are some of my least least fav songs from her :toofunny:

I can see why someone would dislike ICF, since it kinda drags on. But the 1 minute instrumental outro is everything

But Radio? Really? My all-time favorite song ever :rip: 

The melody. It's happy.

And the keyboard in the last chorus is just heavenly and I always think of that last scene in Tropico where Lana and her lover ascend into the sky diane-warren.gif.de42d9254e90978c7fe66c3

Can you imagine if Lana was like George R.R Martin with her releases... this forum would probably implode haha!

I mean, A Feast For Crows was 2005 and then the next book A Dance With Dragons wasn't till 2011... and the book after that is still being written...  :facepalm:

I'm sure early next year, once Christmas/New Year is out of the way, we'll get SOME piece of information about LDR5! An album title, a single title, a single release date, a new interview or some kind of tease... 

Just when I forgot about the mess that GRRM is :rip:

Even if, let's say, TWOW comes out in 2017 or 2018 - ADOS will be out in 2024. Which means the series was dragging on for 30 years. And he even thinks about an 8th book since he's not sure if he can wrap the story up in just 2 books. Horrible.

But anyway, this makes me grateful that we have Lana who manages to put out quality music every 1 to 2 years :defeated:

image.png

Just when I forgot about the mess that GRRM is :rip:

Even if, let's say, TWOW comes out in 2017 or 2018 - ADOS will be out in 2024. Which means the series was dragging on for 30 years. And he even thinks about an 8th book since he's not sure if he can wrap the story up in just 2 books. Horrible.

But anyway, this makes me grateful that we have Lana who manages to put out quality music every 1 to 2 years :defeated:

Yeah, right? I mean, I know the books are huge and the detail to world building is amazing but damn...  :toofunny:

And that's if he even finishes ADOS? Like I don't wanna be mean but who knows if he'll live to finish that book, especially if the story spills into an 8th book which, lets be real, it very likely could? (It was meant to only be a trilogy originally, and look where we are now...)

I'm kinda scared Mr Martin might not complete his magnum opus?  :crai:

But yeah, super thankful Lana isn't on GRRM levels of slow! In comparison I can totally handle waiting a year or two for a new Lana album!

(Unless I've totally just jinxed it, in which case may the Lord of Light bless us all with cleansing fire....)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I always find it funny when Lana fans act like they have to wait an eternity for new music. Like, we got an album and a mini-album in 2012, a soundtrack song and a short-film in 2013, an album and three soundtrack songs in 2014, two featurings and an album in 2015 and two featurings this year. Not even talking about the hundreds of unreleased songs that leaked. I don't think there are many artists these days who release that much music in such a short time while still writing their own songs and generally delivering fantastic work. Imagine you had to wait ten years for a new album.

Trust me, it was hard.

tumblr_nwngwwLtSD1u2pphqo1_400.gif

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I always find it funny when Lana fans act like they have to wait an eternity for new music. Like, we got an album and a mini-album in 2012, a soundtrack song and a short-film in 2013, an album and three soundtrack songs in 2014, two featurings and an album in 2015 and two featurings this year. Not even talking about the hundreds of unreleased songs that leaked. I don't think there are many artists these days who release that much music in such a short time while still writing their own songs and generally delivering fantastic work. Imagine you had to wait ten years for a new album.

Trust me, it was hard.

tumblr_nwngwwLtSD1u2pphqo1_400.gif

Wow let us all be.

giphy.gif

:crossed:

OK so Lana may release semi-frequently (not as frequent as many other artists, js), but it is not as though all of these releases are a flood of music keeping us hydrated throughout the year. There's still MAJOR droughts in between these releases. 2012 was the biggest exception, seeing as we got BtD, Paradise, as well as TONS AND TONS OF APPEARANCES AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACTIVITY. 

2016 may possibly be amongst the driest year of being a lana stan. Okay, we had the festival tour (and the Freak mv premier :lmao:) and a couple of red carpets, but literally what else? And the Freak premier/red carpets were all concentrated at the beginning of the year anyway, so its just so far away and doesnt average out nicely when taking into consideration everything she did in this entire year. We've only got one new piece of music from her this year, and it was a fckn interlude  :creep: , and the words "you're paranoid". 

And unlike 2013/2014/2015, we have NO IDEA WHAT THE NEXT ALBUM WILL BE LIKE AT ALL. No name, no titles, no interviews, no insight. We are parched. Reaching. 147 pages on a pre-release thread of pure, mindless speculation based on even more speculation. There are 0 concrete facts about ldr5. This lack of something to look towards in itself makes the wait for new music seem like an eternity. 

The only things we've done over the course of the year are psycho-analysing her motivations behind each hair colour and trying to find meaning in her instagram bio. 

Not to forget our collective thirst leading us to actually take some of these twitter 'insiders' seriously. remember @remark060 :teehee: and the diana fiasco? 

And forget about leaks. Tons and tons of snippets that will never see the light of day, with a full song dating back to 2007 sprinkled in here or there. i am done with this dry ass year. 2017 had better DELIVER and QUENCH OUR DRY THROATS.  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

:crossed:

OK so Lana may release semi-frequently (not as frequent as many other artists, js), but it is not as though all of these releases are a flood of music keeping us hydrated throughout the year. There's still MAJOR droughts in between these releases. 2012 was the biggest exception, seeing as we got BtD, Paradise, as well as TONS AND TONS OF APPEARANCES AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACTIVITY. 

2016 may possibly be amongst the driest year of being a lana stan. Okay, we had the festival tour (and the Freak mv premier :lmao:) and a couple of red carpets, but literally what else? And the Freak premier/red carpets were all concentrated at the beginning of the year anyway, so its just so far away and doesnt average out nicely when taking into consideration everything she did in this entire year. We've only got one new piece of music from her this year, and it was a fckn interlude  :creep: , and the words "you're paranoid". 

And unlike 2013/2014/2015, we have NO IDEA WHAT THE NEXT ALBUM WILL BE LIKE AT ALL. No name, no titles, no interviews, no insight. We are parched. Reaching. 147 pages on a pre-release thread of pure, mindless speculation based on even more speculation. There are 0 concrete facts about ldr5. This lack of something to look towards in itself makes the wait for new music seem like an eternity. 

The only things we've done over the course of the year are psycho-analysing her motivations behind each hair colour and trying to find meaning in her instagram bio. 

Not to forget our collective thirst leading us to actually take some of these twitter 'insiders' seriously. remember @remark060 :teehee: and the diana fiasco? 

And forget about leaks. Tons and tons of snippets that will never see the light of day, with a full song dating back to 2007 sprinkled in here or there. i am done with this dry ass year. 2017 had better DELIVER and QUENCH OUR DRY THROATS.  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:

This might be true, but we are still pretty spoiled, and that's why we are already dying of thirst. And although nothing much happened apart from the tour and the Freak MV, i found this year pretty interesting. We got videos of the tour, she was quite active on social media compared to other times and the Stargirl Interlude. And we now know she's going on tour next year, so the album release is pretty close. 

I like this better than the situation with Honeymoon, where we had no idea what happened to the MTWBT video, then the rumoured release of it in July and nothing happened. 

Lana's pace of releasing albums is nice imo. Look at Lady Gaga, who took 3 years and left us Monsters in a draught and only gave us jazz covers in the meantime and now, her latest album is really underwhelming and, let's be honest, quite bad. 

image.png

I'd rather kill myself.

Your saying you're going to kill urself if she has a hit and is relevant again?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m