Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I don't agree with you. Art is a way to portray the reality using the imagination/an artistic POV. We have a lot of political songs, and it doesn't make it less artistic than "escape from reality". Btw, it's hard to say what reality really is bc everyone have it's own reality. I think that art is a way to show to the world the reality that the artist lives in (but that's my opinion) 

I think she means in a way that, now days, almost everyone is doing something political and critical, you know? Like, imagine that you're kind of annoyed of seeing people doing critiques about the issues of our world all the time and then the artist that you usually listen to escape a little of this reality decides to do the same. How would you feel? Don't get me wrong, I think it's a really nice idea and I love it! But sometimes you just want to hear a song about some exciting adventure or love or whatever, you know? Sometimes you also want to hear something that you could relate to (I personally don't have any problem with this because I can relate my point of view with the artist's. But well, not everyone will think like me  :whatever: ). But anyway, if political is really the direction she will take, I think it will satisfy both people because she will probably use her personal experiences to make a critique, imo. I personally would like to see that happening, changes are always welcome!  :)

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I don't think she would ever do a political record..

and her music for me was always an escape from reality. I listen to other artist's for the "relatable" aspect..

finally. someone with sense. queen. <3

yes. i listen to lana for a certain atmosphere. shade. energy. as an escape from reality. but i'm here for a political song. i mean, she has sugar daddy/sad spoiled rich girl anthems. why not.

:sluttybunny:  :sluttybunny:  :sluttybunny:

finally. someone with sense. queen. <3

yes. i listen to lana for a certain atmosphere. shade. energy. as an escape from reality. but i'm here for a political song. i mean, she has sugar daddy/sad spoiled rich girl anthems. why not.

:sluttybunny:  :sluttybunny:  :sluttybunny:

oh i wouldn't mind a political song. if anything it would be refreshing to hear a different topic in her music. 

oh i wouldn't mind a political song. if anything it would be refreshing to hear a different topic in her music. 

ugh i can already hear it - it's going to sound like a mashup of CRUEL WORLD/G&M - and it's going to be about capitalism and the state that we are in. i could also see an interlude a la Xtina's iconic diss interlude: F.U.S.S. from back to basics - but Lana's would be about TRUMP .. that would be HOT.

get Elizabeth on the phone.

she's not answered. i keep getting a lana del rey on the voicemail stating STOP CALLING FOR LIZZY - SHE'S NOT HERE. SHE'S GONE WITH AKA.

ugh i can already hear it - it's going to sound like a mashup of CRUEL WORLD/G&M - and it's going to be about capitalism and the state that we are in. i could also see an interlude a la Xtina's iconic diss interlude: F.U.S.S. from back to basics - but Lana's would be about TRUMP .. that would be HOT.

I'm just 16, I'm too young to die!  :squidward:  :slay:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

i find it interesting that people consider lanas music as an escape from reality..

personally i listen to lanas music to CONNECT with reality, like to see the world in a different perspective..

yeah, a woman with multiple houses, cars and iPhones singing about capitalism :rip:

i find it interesting that people consider lanas music as an escape from reality..

personally i listen to lanas music to CONNECT with reality, like to see the world in a different perspective..

Same! Didn't know people listened to her to escape from it, because I actually feel like she addresses my life head-on. And helps me cope.