Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'm sorry but... Eclipse is the worst. First he hacks Lana's songs and basically manipulates her to talk to him so he wouldn't leak anything and now he has the audacity to say that the new songs are uninspired and weak smh... I can't even imagine how all of this has made her feel

On the plus side, he doesn't know what bagpipes are, so I'm sure she'll give his opinion as much respect as it deserves.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I know that but what he had was demos. She could have changed the sound of it and have a video for it. Unless he got hands on the official versions of the songs..

Nevermind i forgot he saw the music video.

I know that but what he had was demos. She could have changed the sound of it and have a video for it. Unless he got hands on the official versions of the songs..

I think Lana has somehow shown him the finished lead single/video/title track, or else he wouldn't be providing his opinion

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

All of her records have sounded completely different. Idk why y'all are expecting Honeymoon 2.0

Exactly

I mean, she did say that it's in the same aesthetic as honeymoon early 2016 in this interview

https://youtu.be/xlMubg8lazM

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I appreciate god knows I tried a lot because of its lyrics and the vocals during the bridge but the instrumental truly is absolutely boring. If it sounds like untouchable 5 we shouldn't have a problem but if it sounds like GKIT then she can come back in 2018 after working with someone new like BORNS producers or The Weeknd's producers.

I mean, she did say that it's in the same aesthetic as honeymoon early 2016 in some interview

Tbh, that was almost a year ago, and she hadn't even recorded the lead single at that point (if we're to go by eclipse's info), so I definitely think there was a divergence in sound between now and then - it's natural, especially with the input of several producers

Besides, in early 2016 she was fresh off the Honeymoon release, so it makes sense her demos etc would still be in that sound, but people and tastes change after time

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I mean, she did say that it's in the same aesthetic as honeymoon early 2016 in this interview

Yea I've seen that, but she also said Honeymoon reminded her of BTD before it was released and they were completely different. There's no way to know what to expect honestly

I honestly think that Paradise and Honeymoon are pretty similar. 

Some of you guys maybe don't remember or were not part of the fandom back then, but when she played the Electronic Beats Magazines some songs that were supposed to be on UV, the interviewer said to her rightaway that they sound a LOT like Paradise. 

And when you look at which tracks Nowels has produced, compare that to the demos from around that time, the way how he constantly avoids to give her songs some "ooomph", the production on HM (especially the vocal production and the way how Lana obviously choses to sing), then something like Honeymoon part2 is more than obvious. It is actually more like a Paradise 3.0

I honestly think that Paradise and Honeymoon are pretty similar. 

Some of you guys maybe don't remember or were not part of the fandom back then, but when she played the Electronic Beats Magazines some songs that were supposed to be on UV, the interviewer said to her rightaway that they sound a LOT like Paradise. 

And when you look at which tracks Nowels has produced, compare that to the demos from around that time, the way how he constantly avoids to give her songs some "ooomph", the production on HM (especially the vocal production and the way how Lana obviously choses to sing), then something like Honeymoon part2 is more than obvious. It is actually more like a Paradise 3.0

The style of lyrics of honeymoon and ultraviolence are very different from paradise's imo...And even if you compare the songs produced by Rick nowels on honeymoon and paradise they sound very different for example American and cola

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The style of lyrics of honeymoon and ultraviolence are very different from paradise's imo...And even if you compare the songs produced by Rick nowels on honeymoon and paradise they sound very different for example American and cola

The production on there is actually pretty similar, they are not that much apart actually. He always works with idk how to put it, but like wide soundscapes. 

Well, take West Coast as an example. They are two completly different songs when you take the Dan version and Rick's. They have a completly different feel to them. West Coast with Rick sounds like a continuition of Hollywood and JFK quite frankly, at least sonically.