Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Not here for drama or anything, I'll keep my visit short. Read at your own caution. Seriously.

I am serious. My opinions might spoil your experience. Go away.

Where to begin... The video is actually beautiful. Maybe I can even say one of her best. The problem starts with the songs... It just feels, bland. Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired. Lazy. It's not "wig snatching". It's just enjoyable and beautiful. That's all. I wish I could say I was slayed. I have so many mixed feelings. I never thought a title track could make me more disappointed though, I was crying by the time the chorus came in. Why Lana? It's just... Weak. It's enough to make me go crazy. I am not saying you will hate them, I promise you will like them, I like them... But they don't have the crazy replay value or the magic BTD and UV had. They just have the beautifulness of the, I guess maybe, untouchable 5 batch and a little of Honeymoon. Some drums, guitars, repetitiveness... Couldn't hear gigantic strings though which was unexpected knowing her. Oh and the album title. It's just bold but it's not related to her, I realized after listening to the title track. Lowkey iconic though. You go girl. Oh and we're breaking away from the 1 word album titles, this one has more. Yeaahh I talked way enough... I am just thinking now, what to say to her when we talk. I will always love her though, but I need a change. I want the magic back. Sorry.

Oh and if you think I'm lying after all this time, good luck trying to snatch that twitter, instagram, tumblr urls for the album title after it's announced.

Yours truly

He did Ultraviolence.  :defeated:

Ultraviolence starts: "I just got really hard for a second."

"If you don't like Lana Del Rey, then :) you", I love this guy haha. 

But he didn't like Guns and Roses or Florida Kilos  :defeated:

Not here for drama or anything, I'll keep my visit short. Read at your own caution. Seriously.

Where to begin... The video is actually beautiful. Maybe I can even say one of her best. The problem starts with the songs... It just feels, bland. Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired. Lazy. It's not "wig snatching". It's just enjoyable and beautiful. That's all. I wish I could say I was slayed. I have so many mixed feelings. I never thought a title track could make me more disappointed though, I was crying by the time the chorus came in. Why Lana? It's just... Weak. I am not saying you will hate them, I promise you will like them, I like them... But they don't have the crazy replay value or the magic BTD and UV had. They just have the beautifulness of the, I guess maybe, untouchable 5 batch and a little of Honeymoon. Some drums, guitars, repetitiveness... Couldn't hear gigantic strings though which was unexpected knowing her. Oh and the album title. It's just bold but it's not related to her, I realized after listening to the title track. Lowkey iconic though. You go girl. Oh and we're breaking away from the 1 word album titles, this one has more. Yeaahh I talked way enough... I am just thinking now, what to say to her when we talk. I will always love her though, but I need a change. I want the magic back. Sorry.

Oh and if you think I'm lying after all this time, good luck trying to snatch that twitter, instagram, tumblr urls for the album title after it's announced.

Yours truly

Lana's album's title track had never been the strongest track of the album with btd, uv and especially honeymoon imo, maybe the other songs are better?

Where to begin... The video is actually beautiful. Maybe I can even say one of her best. The problem starts with the songs... It just feels, bland. Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired. Lazy. It's not "wig snatching". It's just enjoyable and beautiful. That's all. I wish I could say I was slayed. I have so many mixed feelings. I never thought a title track could make me more disappointed though, I was crying by the time the chorus came in. Why Lana? It's just... Weak. I am not saying you will hate them, I promise you will like them, I like them... But they don't have the crazy replay value or the magic BTD and UV had. They just have the beautifulness of the, I guess maybe, untouchable 5 batch and a little of Honeymoon. Some drums, guitars, repetitiveness... Couldn't hear gigantic strings though which was unexpected knowing her. Oh and the album title. It's just bold but it's not related to her, I realized after listening to the title track. Lowkey iconic though. You go girl. Oh and we're breaking away from the 1 word album titles, this one has more. Yeaahh I talked way enough... I am just thinking now, what to say to her when we talk. I will always love her though, but I need a change. I want the magic back. Sorry.

Yours truly

You said the problem starts with the song(S) so..... you have heard the entire album?

What about release timing, any information you would care to give?

thanks for what you have shared, I've said before, I think Lana is possibly in a good place and just making the music she really wants to make, it has to be respected. 

She isn't going to be over-produced Lolita image that she used to be (read: that her label decided to amp up with BTD) with a ton of dramatics I think. 

AKA this ->  :hoe:

Thanks again, though 

:smokes:   :bye2:

You said the problem starts with the song(S) so..... you have heard the entire album?

What about release timing, any information you would care to give?

thanks for what you have shared, I've said before, I think Lana is possibly in a good place and just making the music she really wants to make, it has to be respected. 

She isn't going to be over-produced Lolita image that she used to be (read: that her label decided to amp up with BTD) with a ton of dramatics I think. 

AKA this ->  :hoe:

Thanks again, though 

:smokes:   :bye2:

Dude, he said it sounds BLAND. AKA never sounded bland

I hope you aren't thinking I said AKA as in the album. I said AKA as in "also known as" literally, not the album

okay, I didn't get that, but in all seriousness. he said bland. imo, there is nothing worse than bland for lana. we had enough of that on hm already.

okay, I didn't get that, but in all seriousness. he said bland. imo, there is nothing worse than bland for lana. we had enough of that on hm already.

True, but there isn't anything that can be done about it. 

Maybe HM is more where she is at with her mentality and inspiration right now. 

Yes, I love to bop the fuck out of BTD too, but I just take HM for the days when I am feeling dramamatic and need some more over the top excessiveness. 

HM was and is beautiful in its own sense. We will just have to take the new album at face value. 

:what:

At least it'll have an iconic album title :toofunny: I'm still going to be blown away by the lead single. I always am. This, I know, will be better than Honeymoon

same, i was so surprised by honeymoon, probably because we already had the lyrics and i was expecting something different (and if i remember well, she released it out of nowhere  :toofunny: )

In all honesty, alot of people hated HBTB because of its repetitive drone, but I loved it :creep: video games doesn't astound me quite so much as west coast or ride, but to others it is her best song, so I don't think basing ideas on one person's opinion is truly representative of how the music may actually be.

We will be slain, and if the lack of strings is anything to go by, it seems like there will be different instrumentation and a different vibe from HM/other albums. We can only wait.

Honestly, her only incredible title track was born to die. I feel like this title track will probably be on par with ultraviolence, something really great to listen to but not among her most iconic songs.

Btw, what are the untouchable 5? Is it the rick nowels leaks or am I thinking of something else :creep:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif