Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I agree except about the part of Lorde being irrelevant. She's gonna release a potentially killer single with a great video and the world might possibly be at her feet again. Albums that take time rarely fail because much effort and thought has been put into it. She knows what she's doing. 

I didn't word the beginning correctly but im not sure why we are talking about lorde in a ldr5 thread 

Also BTD is over!!! Lana cancelled ha she is over fatz.

I think Lana needs to release something as epic and interesting as BTD though, thats one of the reasons why that album was huge, it was interesting. I love Honeymoon and I think its some of her best work, but that's as a Lana fan, she needs something bigger for those who aren't as invested in her music.

qsVmBMd.png

It feels like she actually has something more planned out than honeymoon to me. Like she dropped the name of the album in an interview months before she was planning on releasing it, and didn't really have that much promo. I feel like she's waiting to hype it up when she actually does give details

I guess we're getting the lead single in either June or she'll do what she did with west coast at Coachella in August with the new single? Come on eclipse have us play the guessing game, the wait would be easier.

Gaga isnt competition for anybody lol. Joanne came and went and after the Superbowl the era will well and truly be done.

Well, to be fair it sold around 800k so far Of course, these are very disappointing numbers for a Q4 release with somebody who used to have such a big fanbase, but I think they will push her more with 2 more singles. 

I am more disappointed in Lana however how she has let this fandom die.

To be honest, I actually really want a march/april/may release. Honeymoon being released in september probably added to the reasons why I don't like it :creep: it's so late in the year, it misses out on those passionate, dreamy summer months that her music is MADE. FOR.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I do have a good feeling she is planning the next coming era and album more carefully this time round thankgod.  Really I'm hoping will get an announcement and a late spring single. Then she'll release the album in the early part of the summer. 

I have high expectations for LP since she's working with Emile Haynie and rumored to have been working with Justin Parker as well . Personally I'm not happy Rick Nowels is working on the album but all can be forgiven if he pulls through on LDR5  :crossed: 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Tbh I don't think it's even a problem if she works with Rick... she's been doing that since like forever and so many great songs have come out from sessions with him... West Coast, TV in Black & White, Shades of Cool, Is This Happiness, Summertime Sadness, Young & Beautiful, Cola. Personally I'm fine if she keeps working with him as long as other people are brought into the mix as well! Honeymoon is a lovely album but we've had it once and we don't want it again, and if she works with ONLY Rick again then it's just going to be HM 2.0.

I'm confident though that with the right mix of producers she will create an amazing album. At this point we know that Lana can write good songs. What really defines the album is the production and hopefully she's aware of this and has chosen a good assortment of people to create a new, fresh sound!

I think it's safe to say we're getting the album or at least an announcement by August. She already has 3 dates set in August and probably more to be announced. That's a lot of dates for someone without a recent release. Honeymoon will be almost 2 years old by then lmao

I wish when eclipse said "very soon" it meant like when lana said "very soon" and then like two hours later dropped shades of cool

also there is another soon announcement tropico. i guess it released 5 months later after it had announced lmao don't forget this

Well, to be fair it sold around 800k so far Of course, these are very disappointing numbers for a Q4 release with somebody who used to have such a big fanbase, but I think they will push her more with 2 more singles.

I am more disappointed in Lana however how she has let this fandom die.

Oh im sure Gaga will have a couple more singles/tour....but theres just zero buzz or presence for Joanne.

Lana can release anytime, other than maybe Lord, Lanas always had her own window to release work in.

i really need for the cover of this album to be as iconic, fresh, pure, and beautiful as the btd and paradise covers

really dont want her to look tiny in the back of a tourbus with letters overshadowing each other and an instagram filter.

also dont want a b&w cover. hopefully it was only done for uv