Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

and I also wish she would return to this sort of storytelling like on BTD. And like he says it, she is NAILING every single chorus. She also nails every single bridge on this album,

I know it's popular on here to bash BTD because it was so successful and some ppl on here feel superior when they like UV or HM more, but damn her ability to tell a story on BTD was simply on another level.

Honestly I'm just glad BTD is getting the recognition and Love it deserves for once. Honestly, truly.

giphy.gif

I don't know what world you guys have been living in but BTD has always been praised to the gods by her fans. Personally, I think paradise was truly superior instrumental and lyrical wise. The Grammys recognized that piece, and her fans recognized BTD. It was only the critics that criticized her because they thought she was a fraud, but she's proven them all wrong now that she's surpassed that image/become more of herself in terms of dialogue, I guess. It seems much more believable now that it's toned down.. if anything everyone's hated her work after Paradise. UV was shitted on for a whole year by the majority of her fans/public until Honeymoon was released and they decided to magically change their mind and say "oh it grew on me (which it probably did for some).

I don't know what world you guys have been living in but BTD has always been praised to the gods by her fans. Personally, I think paradise was truly superior instrumental and lyrical wise. The Grammys recognized that piece, and her fans recognized BTD. It was only the critics that criticized her because they thought she was a fraud, but she's proven them all wrong now that she's surpassed that image/become more of herself in terms of dialogue, I guess. It seems much more believable now that it's toned down.. if anything everyone's hated her work after Paradise. UV was :)ted on for a whole year by the majority of her fans/public until Honeymoon was released and they decided to magically change their mind and say "oh it grew on me (which it probably did for some).

I remember that a lot of fans apart from the "I want BTD 2.0" ppl were super happy with UV. Critics bashed it because they wanted to ride the hate-bandwagon

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I remember that a lot of fans apart from the "I want BTD 2.0" ppl were super happy with UV. Critics bashed it because they wanted to ride the hate-bandwagon

Critics have mostly loved UV. Or were you talking about BTD?

Anyways; Lana talk to us! Give us news about the alboom?

Yeah I agree I remember some liking it but it was not many, it was a grower for most. UV and HM were actually praised by her critics, her scores have been getting higher. If you look at her metacritic page those 2 were positive. I rememwbr UV also being on many end of the year lists as best albums of 2014

I think Honeymoon was just the beginning to what's about to come (something better and more beats influenced maybe) because she has been involved in a lot of hip-hop related activity lately. I mean she went to ANTI concert.. which was surprising to me because she only liked Britney Spears. (I love ANTI so I don't have a problem with this).. it's possible because TBD, AD, freak and HBTB are the only ones that had beats I think. Maybe she'll take it a bit further and mix it with jazz again.. I don't know if she's ever go full on jazz

Lana was taken down like Hillary was with a coordinated anti-women media including the abysmal NBC(Trump's station) anchorman Lying Brian Williams who character

assassassinated her professionally when she did SNL because never before has there been a female singer who did things her way like the boys who came before

and Lana wasn't a puppet like all the Motown artists and Phil (gonna die in jail) Spector females where the male abused the woman singer (Like Ike did to Tina,

and Sonny controlled Cher). (or how most black singers were stolen from by the white record company bosses.

However, as far as story, Honeymoon, Ultraviolence and Paradise were full, true concept albums, which only part of Born to die is. And vocal wise, Lana has

bested each album, and Honeymoon is just perfect. (Must take an 11 year old not to be able to fully comprehend the very complex meaning of Honeymoon

btw- Born to die (the paradise edition) is still on the Billboard Top 200 album chart going on 5 years now. (including the new chart its now 255 weeks)

marry me pls

"Lana Del Ray" is trending on iTunes.

50615074573_c5ac31b54d_b.jpg

(So is "counrty music" -- someone needs to give the population one giant spelling lesson)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 12/30/2016 at 6:49 PM, Elle said:

(So is "counrty music" -- someone needs to give the population one giant spelling lesson)

Dear God why!? They still can't fucking get that it's REY NOT RAY!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Critics have mostly loved UV. Or were you talking about BTD?

Anyways; Lana talk to us! Give us news about the alboom?

I meant the pretty vocal and loud press already complaining about it when she announced the Tracklist. They were in the hate bandwagon from the BTD era and decided to just bash it without even listening. But yeah, a lot of actual critics loved it

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On 12/30/2016 at 6:49 PM, Elle said:

To continue on from my last post, if you google "Lana Del Rey Solve et Coagula" you'll get a lot of links for an album of recent leaks claiming to be an iTunes rip. Maybe it was hosted on iTunes and later taken down? Either way, this is probably why she's trending.

50615074553_402c6a8c25_b.jpg

50615925807_79f4f8e224_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 12/30/2016 at 7:00 PM, Elle said:

To continue on from my last post, if you google "Lana Del Rey Solve et Coagula" you'll get a lot of links for an album of recent leaks claiming to be an iTunes rip. Maybe it was hosted on iTunes and later taken down? Either way, this is probably why she's trending.

50615074553_402c6a8c25_b.jpg

50615925807_79f4f8e224_b.jpg

But this is just a fanmade album, why would she suddenly trend just because of this?  :smokes3:

If it had been hosted on iTunes, wouldn't they have posted the new songs and not just this year's leaks?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

idk, but this reminds me of a while back when someone put a song up on iTunes by Marina and the Diamonds.... only it wasn't by Marina and it was just some random instrumental, and iTunes was too messy to notice it wasn't an official track lmao  :toofunny:

rata-se de um álbum FANMADE criado por nós, contendo todos os principais vazamentos da Lana Del Rey esse ano.

Translation to

Rata from a FANMADE album created by us, containing all the major leaks of Lana Del Rey this year.

Ive used this website for almost 3 years. They have never done this before with Lana, only like 2 "mix tape" kind of thing. But 95% of their content is rip straight from iTunes