Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

somebody should tweet this to lana!

and I also wish she would return to this sort of storytelling like on BTD. And like he says it, she is NAILING every single chorus. She also nails every single bridge on this album,

I know it's popular on here to bash BTD because it was so successful and some ppl on here feel superior when they like UV or HM more, but damn her ability to tell a story on BTD was simply on another level.

YES!

This guy's reaction is me every time I listen to Born To Die.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdl3UU9EoQs

and I also wish she would return to this sort of storytelling like on BTD. And like he says it, she is NAILING every single chorus. She also nails every single bridge on this album,

I know it's popular on here to bash BTD because it was so successful and some ppl on here feel superior when they like UV or HM more, but damn her ability to tell a story on BTD was simply on another level.

so true. one thing that uv and hm are missing is the story telling that is in btd.

this gave me chills for some reason, i miss her so much!

OMG he's so hot... I'm selling my UV boxset

ZKcaooE.png

He replied to my comment. He said he's doing Ultraviolence next week.  :flutter:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

this gave me chills for some reason, i miss her so much!

Is that your Twitter the LanaDReyCrew?

You retweeted that she showed up with several others at Animé's place together with Rocky, Frank and others?

That tweet and her posting the album cover of Rae Sremmurd on her IG, her pics with Rocky and being at his concert, being on Abel's album, being at the Rihanna concert etc, may be an indicator that the new album will have more of a hip hop influence.

You usually don't do these things if they are not inspiring you currently.

Is that your Twitter the LanaDReyCrew?

You retweeted that she showed up with several others at Animé's place together with Rocky, Frank and others?

That tweet and her posting the album cover of Rae Sremmurd on her IG, her pics with Rocky and being at his concert, being on Abel's album, being at the Rihanna concert etc, may be an indicator that the new album will have more of a hip hop influence.

You usually don't do these things if they are not inspiring you currently.

Yeah that's me, and I agree that's the same impression I got! I really hope we see hip-hop influences, and I think it would make sense like you said with all of the concerts/ festivals she's been going to, and the people she's been hanging out with.

this video is amazing. this is how BTD made everyone feel on their first listen. it was an instant classic, and many reviews said it- they were just overshadowed by the ultra negative and unprofessional ones. a trailblazer.

this video is amazing. this is how BTD made everyone feel on their first listen. it was an instant classic, and many reviews said it- they were just overshadowed by the ultra negative and unprofessional ones. a trailblazer.

hes hot as hell that guy umph

I never understood the negative response. When you put this album on, it really transports you right at the place where it' s all happening.

I also blame us, her fans, for never really giving her the credit she deserves for this record since a LOT of this fandom can be reduced to "YAAAS" "DADDY" or "SLAAAY".

Lana was taken down like Hillary was with a coordinated anti-women media including the abysmal NBC(Trump's station) anchorman Lying Brian Williams who character

assassassinated her professionally when she did SNL because never before has there been a female singer who did things her way like the boys who came before

and Lana wasn't a puppet like all the Motown artists and Phil (gonna die in jail) Spector females where the male abused the woman singer (Like Ike did to Tina,

and Sonny controlled Cher). (or how most black singers were stolen from by the white record company bosses.

However, as far as story, Honeymoon, Ultraviolence and Paradise were full, true concept albums, which only part of Born to die is. And vocal wise, Lana has

bested each album, and Honeymoon is just perfect. (Must take an 11 year old not to be able to fully comprehend the very complex meaning of Honeymoon

btw- Born to die (the paradise edition) is still on the Billboard Top 200 album chart going on 5 years now. (including the new chart its now 255 weeks)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp