Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

a competition between you and @@annedauphine

Anne's already had her moment with Lana's lips, back off  :grr:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

tweet deleted?

when you click on the link the browser thinks they're both one link so remove one or the other from the address bar

edit: nvm he fixed it lol

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

https://twitter.com/danny0387/status/794414376203657216

https://twitter.com/danny0387/status/794414668378873856

This guy replied to me and said he was at the Q&A too and James really said that Lana asked him to be in the video :')

why does he look like he's crying in that pic omg....

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Off topic but shouldn't this thread be called LDR4 discussion? BTD = LDR1, UV = LDR2, HM = LDR3, and her next is LDR4. Paradise is an EP so it wouldn't count. imo

1. Lana Del Ray
  2. Born To Die
  3. Ultraviolence
  4. Honeymoon
  5. LDR5

At least that's how I count it.  :w8ing:

Guys I kinda had like a "vision" about what the video could be like. It could be really upbeat song, and her and James are like driving in a car, on a desert road, going like really fast, and Lana is standing up in the car (Kinda like the Teenage Dream video), and then it could cut to some shots of like the "vintage kids" at their party, with their "vintage music", and then it could have some beach shots of like Lana & James observing the vintage kids while they skateboard and stuff. I'm so excited because I picture it as an upbeat/summer vibe song. I have a feeling Lana is going to pull through.  :excited:

Also I think we can kinda put two and two together and believe "Vintage Kids" will be the lead single. Why else would Lana message Eclipse if he had songs that she was probably gonna scrap anyways. He obviously has something that's important to her, and the upcoming album.   :flutter:

I also think Lana is stocking up footage/videos for this era so she doesn't have to do anything, and she can disappear faster. Something tells me she's going to be successful again with this upcoming album. I feel like she's actually going to do promotion this time around. She seems really happy, and she seems to care about this album not leaking. 

:oprah:  :oprah:  :oprah:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Am I the only one who thinks the album has been finished (or almost) for some time now, but Intercospe delayed it because of Lady Gaga's Joanne? Like, Lana and Gaga are two of the biggest artists they have, so it wouldn't help the sales if both of them lauched new products on the market around the same time (I say this because West Coast was released in april 2014 and Honeymoon song in july 2015, so if Lana's scheduled mindset has been mantained, the single should have seen the light of day around october 2016, the same month Joanne was released).

Due to the anxiety towards Lady Gaga's comeback, I believe they intentionally posponed LDR5 so that the albums would not compete in sales and charts. It's probably sitting on a table right now laughing at us. 

Am I the only one who thinks the album has been finished (or almost) for some time now, but Intercospe delayed it because of Lady Gaga's Joanne? Like, Lana and Gaga are two of the biggest artists they have, so it wouldn't help the sales if both of them lauched new products on the market around the same time (I say this because West Coast was released in april 2014 and Honeymoon song in july 2015, so if Lana's scheduled mindset has been mantained, the single should have seen the light of day around october 2016, the same month Joanne was released).

Due to the anxiety towards Lady Gaga's comeback, I believe they intentionally posponed LDR5 so that the albums would not compete in sales and charts. It's probably sitting on a table right now laughing at us. 

She literally said to Eclipse that she is still working on it and that there is a release date. So there must be a deadline for the album to be finished in order to be released at a specific date.

Eminem and Gaga relesed with one week in between back in 2013.

Neither Gaga nor Lana are Interscope's biggest artists in 2016.

She literally said to Eclipse that she is still working on it and that there is a release date. So there must be a deadline for the album to be finished in order to be released at a specific date.

Eminem and Gaga relesed with one week in between back in 2013.

Neither Gaga nor Lana are Interscope's biggest artists in 2016.

I just think that Eminem and Gaga don't share the same public, so it really wouldn't mind if they released albums approximately at the same time. Lana and Gaga, though, have similar public, so it would fit to release the albums a little bit apart. She might be working on it making some last-minute mixing, but I really feel it's been done for, like, two months now. 

1. Lana Del Ray
  2. Born To Die
  3. Ultraviolence
  4. Honeymoon
  5. LDR5

At least that's how I count it.  :w8ing:

:oprah:  :oprah:  :oprah:

I really feel like this is LDR6 hahaha

Like, Paradise was an EP for marketing strategies, to mantain BTD in the top charts for a longer time and help Lana build a solid name after all the media bullshit, but the album has a vision on itself that completely differs from BTD. It tells a complete story, and I feel like Lana said herself somewhere that she felt it was a stand-alone album. Besides, it has 9 songs (if you count Burning Desire), it's barely long enough to be a stand-alone. I'm pretty sure Lana even had more songs around the time (we heard some demos that were taken out, and maybe there's even more that didn't leak) but if she put them on, the EP would have turned into an album and it wouldn't fit with the maketing purpose of the time.

I wrote an analysis about Paradise to a fansite I admin a few years ago, but it's in portuguese, so I think most of you wouldn't understand, that's why I don't share it here (if anyone wants it either way, I can send you :D )

I agree with you.  Honeymoon has the highest number of times played in my itunes than the other albums.  There is just something so magnetizing about it,  The production in this album is 100% her best yet as well. But I agree as well that by the end of religion it feels like a drag, and I always skip DLMBM lol

It truly is..especially the last few lines, I can feel the truth in them "Its not one of those phases im going trough"  "Im on my own again"

I soo agree with this but it is surprising how it hasn't aged yet considering it has never left the Billboards 200 charts since release day

Yeah this is something that I've realized as well.  At first i did compared HM & UV since she said originally that her next project after UV was going to be an exact continuation.

The thing is we know by now how sellings and charts are simply based on how an artist is known and how he/she promotes their work with big budgets (just like the elections). Some big pop music stars don't even write their own music, but they have built a name that's so solid, that the name ALONE is enough so that their album reaches #1. It doesn't mean quality at all. People don't even know the songs sometimes.

For example, I remember when Lemonade was realeased, all my straight friends (who don't listen to pop music at all) knew about it, even though they didn't like Beyoncé or knew nothing about her music, but the media was so explosive about it that everyone knew about its releasing.

BTD being in the charts years for now shows that the promotion that was done by the label worked. But with the fame came a lot of suffering and Lana saw herself in a position she really didn't enjoy. I feel like her music was always somewhat intimate for her and, although she wanted to share her creations with the world, all the harassment put her in a very sad and depressing place. That's why I would prefer if she continued to stay hidden, I feel it's healthly for her, it's the way she found to keep composing and being true to herself and to the songs. Going back to exposure, big budgets and her name all over the place must be really frightening and uncomfortable after all she went through. Besides, even though UV and HM sales are very low compared to BTD, it's undeniable how richer the last two are when compared to her debut. But, as she doesn't promote and people don't know about it, it just doesn't sell. It may be even better, 'cause the fans who truly get her mind and love her sound will keep following her work and praising her, while those that just came for the beats and the bling will be gone.