Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I know it'll kill me that i would have to wait a long time but I'd love for it to be realeased in the beginning of 2018. People would really miss her by that time because 4 releases in 5 years is actually a lot. And more time gives her time to explore different themes/sounds which is what we all should want. I think she knows this that she can't possibly top herself every time in a 15 month time frame.

I would love a pop-up shop or even have her debut her music video across projectors in different states like Kanye did for TLOP. I know she wouldn't be at the event for the latter but still it'd be nice (only if the video is really great/up to par with SoC/WC/any video from paradise and BTD).

Cross your fingers because if we get a soundtrack song from her in 2017 then I can definitely wait till 2018. Heck there's still a possibility she's on 50 shades darker. As much as I hate the story to that series it's something lana would totally do. And I'm disappointed by the leading soundtrack. Even Ellie Goulding'S song had more MMPH in it.. especially the chorus.

Lol honey, no offenseve, but the UTTER delusion.

Outside of her very, very core fanbase nobody even thinks of LDR anymore and that is the sad truth. 

We thought in 2015 that it is almost impossible for her to lose more fans with Hm than she did with UV, but she proved us all wrong.

If she waited til 2018, it would be commercial suicide and she would struggle to even reach MariNo numbers.

2017 will already be painful enough when new albums by Lorde, Halsey and Melanie Martinez will wipe the floor with Lana.

And even some of her most hardcore fans like ilovetati who used to post on here like crazy before HM, has dropped her ass. Just imagine what a casual listener did? 

She needs to come up with something REALLY good in all expects of the game. Not just by releasing a good album but also in terms of how to make herself exciting for her fans again. (of course if she still wants to have fans)

:rip:

Lol honey, no offenseve, but the UTTER delusion.

Outside of her very, very core fanbase nobody even thinks of LDR anymore and that is the sad truth. 

We thought in 2015 that it is almost impossible for her to lose more fans with Hm than she did with UV, but she proved us all wrong.

If she waited til 2018, it would be commercial suicide and she would struggle to even reach MariNo numbers.

2017 will already be painful enough when new albums by Lorde, Halsey and Melanie Martinez will wipe the floor with Lana.

And even some of her most hardcore fans like ilovetati who used to post on here like crazy before HM, has dropped her ass. Just imagine what a casual listener did? 

She needs to come up with something REALLY good in all expects of the game. Not just by releasing a good album but also in terms of how to make herself exciting for her fans again. (of course if she still wants to have fans)

I don't think I'm being delusional. You're forgetting that even artists who are as big as they are in 2016 (The Weeknd) aren't doing great numbers because streaming is the new thing now. Honeymoon has great streams for as bad as an album people seem to think it is. And sweetie anything is possible for anyone to come back and make a great comeback in the game. It is very possible for her to make a record for people to love as they did with Born To Die/Paradise. If she brought back great visuals and stuff again, it can be very possible. She was a major streamed artist in 2014... in the top 5. 

And I'm laughing at you thinking that Melanie Martinez sweeping the floor with Lana.. ha! Her sales are TERRIBLE and nobody cares about her except her core fanbase either.. even with her strange baby image/videos. And yeah, Lorde releasing in 2017 is even more of a better reason for Lana to release in 2018. Anything is possible with Lana.. it just depends on her and how devoted she wants to be with the album/visuals. 

I don't think I'm being delusional. You're forgetting that even artists who are as big as they are in 2017 (The Weeknd) aren't doing great numbers because streaming is the new thing now. Honeymoon has great streams for as bad as an album people seem to think it is. And sweetie anything is possible for anyone to come back and make a great comeback in the game. It is very possible for her to make a record for people to love as they did with Born To Die/Paradise. If she brought back great visuals and stuff again, it can be very possible. She was a major streamed artist in 2014... in the top 5. 

And I'm laughing at you thinking that Melanie Martinez sweeping the floor with Lana.. ha! Her sales are TERRIBLE and nobody cares about her except her core fanbase either.. even with her strange baby image/videos. And yeah, Lorde releasing in 2017 is even more of a better reason for Lana to release in 2018. Anything is possible with Lana.. it just depends on her and how devoted she wants to be with the album/visuals. 

She has 200m streams on Spotify with HM which is awful for an artist who has once been the most popular female streaming artist in the US after Katy Perry. The Weeknd sold almost what HM did in one week in the US over a year later when sales are almost dead.

I don't think you have actually realised that Cry Baby hasn't left the charts in the US since release. HM left the charts after 17 weeks. UV spend 52 on the BB200. 

Unfortunately, she doesn't have the luxury to sit and wait until Lorde slows down after she releases her album as Taylor Swift's best friend. She has to step into the ring.

But actually, all we want is good music and a very well executed era. Nobody even thinks of big budget videos a la BTD era, she is way past that peak where spending so much money on music videos made sense.

We just want her to care and not play a setlist of 60 % BTD songs on the very few live shows she does. 

She has 200m streams on Spotify with HM which is awful for an artist who has once been the most popular female streaming artist in the US after Katy Perry. The Weeknd sold almost what HM did in one week in the US over a year later when sales are almost dead.

I don't think you have actually realised that Cry Baby hasn't left the charts in the US since release. HM left the charts after 17 weeks. UV spend 52 on the BB200. 

Unfortunately, she doesn't have the luxury to sit and wait until Lorde slows down after she releases her album as Taylor Swift's best friend. She has to step into the ring.

That's what happens when you make a video for every single song off an album. I mentioned earlier that people can easily come back if she went back to having great visuals, great production and just something new and fresh. It's Lana Del Rey and I still feel like she can make people excited for her back in 2012-2014 if she tried hard enough, but truth is she just doesn't care. But her taking her time and not revealing anything this time is giving me hope that this new album will be great. My point is that it is not far fetched for her to slay hoes again. She has the ability. 

Melanie's sales are still tragic idc if it is still in BB200. She is no competition but I agree that Lorde and Halsey definitely would be. Halsey could flop after the face of this earth for all we know too.. I don't even consider her an artist that could grow when she's just a cheap knock off. But at the end of the day these artists are also much younger than Lana.. who doesn't care and is happy with what she has achieved. I just want a great album and want her to take her time even if that means 2018. And I don't know where you think people don't think about BTD videos... all of her fans are still very much wanting great music videos again. That constitutes as part of what a greatly executed era is... 

That's what happens when you make a video for every single song off an album. I mentioned earlier that people can easily come back if she went back to having great visuals, great production and just something new and fresh. It's Lana Del Rey and I still feel like she can make people excited for her back in 2012-2014 if she tried hard enough, but truth is she just doesn't care. But her taking her time and not revealing anything this time is giving me hope that this new album will be great. My point is that it is not far fetched for her to slay hoes again. She has the ability. 

Melanie's sales are still tragic idc if it is still in BB200. She is no competition but I agree that Lorde and Halsey definitely would be. Halsey could flop after the face of this earth for all we know too.. I don't even consider her an artist that could grow when she's just a cheap knock off. But at the end of the day these artists are also much younger than Lana.. who doesn't care and is happy with what she has achieved. I just want a great album and want her to take her time even if that means 2018.

2018 wouldn't be as bad if she was some type of Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Adele or Rihanna level of fame, which she isn't. Unfortunately, the music industry forces you to release quick. And even Melanin Sanchez sold more (in pure sales) than Honeysnooze. LDR doesn't have the luxury to wait and maybe be in the mood to give more than 2 interviews. 

2018 wouldn't be as bad if she was some type of Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Adele or Rihanna level of fame, which she isn't. Unfortunately, the music industry forces you to release quick. And even Melanin Sanchez sold more (in pure sales) than Honeysnooze. LDR doesn't have the luxury to wait and maybe be in the mood to give more than 2 interviews.

Most artists decline, only a handful like Beyoncé, TS and Adele don't and know how to keep their fans going. Melanie and Halsey are not artists who would keep these numbers going, these are also their debuts and nowhere close to Lana's debut. Trust me they will decline too in the future if not worse. Even gaga's decline is terrible and people thought she would slay the industry for many years to come. I don't like to compare Lana with artists who've just entered the game and will obviously have higher numbers than her simply because they promote more. Lana is still making bank, if she wasn't she wouldn't have the luxury of buying 2 mansions back to back. If she takes interest again and comes with huge singles then it's possible. But she stays working with the same producers. But hey, she's been working on it right after the release of HM so it's most likely going to come out in 2017 anyway. I just need a break and feel like lots of other people do too bc 4 albums in 5 years is a lot to digest.

Most artists decline, only a handful like Beyoncé, TS and Adele don't and know how to keep their fans going. Melanie and Halsey are not artists who would keep these numbers going, these are also their debuts and nowhere close to Lana's debut. Trust me they will decline too in the future if not worse. Even gaga's decline is terrible and people thought she would slay the industry for many years to come. I don't like to compare Lana with artists who've just entered the game and will obviously have higher numbers than her simply because they promote more. Lana is still making bank, if she wasn't she wouldn't have the luxury of buying 2 mansions back to back. If she takes interest again and comes with huge singles then it's possible. But she stays working with the same producers. But hey, she's been working on it right after the release of HM so it's most likely going to come out in 2017 anyway. I just need a break and feel like lots of other people do too bc 4 albums in 5 years is a lot to digest.

Artists do decline, but she had one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sales decline of 2010's artists. That is also the sad truth which has nothing to do with the sales climate. 

But anyways, one thing you got right: she will release in 2017, easter at the very latest.

Artists do decline, but she had one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sales decline of 2010's artists. That is also the sad truth which has nothing to do with the sales climate. 

But anyways, one thing you got right: she will release in 2017, easter at the very latest.

the only reason her decline was so drastic was due to her lack of promotion and decline in visuals. That is a sad truth because like she's menioned many times before she doesn't care about money or being in the spotlight. People loved her BECAUSE of those visuals. They related to her and to the music. I got more than one right thing as it is my opinion. People still check for her on twitter even when all she does is a simple tweet or a simple Instagram post. All she has to do is release another upbeat album and amazing new visuals and the whole GP with be up HER ass. That's just the tea.

Taking a long break is commercial suicide these days. That's not a good career move.

Frank Ocean and Lorde tried it... They think it was a smart move but . . . It ended up being the wrong turn  :nono:

I know Lorde hasn't released anything yet but if she dropped an album tomorrow or next year i'd be asleep for it.

Edited by #glimmeringdarling

I've taken a break from Lana, and I'm kinda ashamed. I really hope this album is good, and can bring something tasteful to the table. I'm running dry on my patience though, and I don't know how much longer I can hold out. She's still my queen though. I just don't feel the need to listen to her music every single day anymore though.  

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I think I'm fine if Lana doesn't become popular again. Tbh the popular music these days aren't in Lana's realm, I think we should stop expecting anything other than great music from her. Btw she will still be a successful artist like Bjork, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey etc. in the future. I mean those artists had their hey day, and so many people still respect them and their new music, it just doesn't chart like rihanna, nicki, ariana, beyonce, taylor, my ass, adele... I prefer my favorite artists not to be lumped into the same category as those singers (no offense if you do).

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

what songs..?

Kill Kill demo & Roller Dirby (Pin-up Galore demo)

I don't mind Lana falling a little out of the spotlight... maybe next time I see her in concert, I won't get trampled on by screaming 14 year olds.  :flutter:

14417469274.gif

Kill Kill demo & Roller Dirby (Pin-up Galore demo)

I don't mind Lana falling a little out of the spotlight... maybe next time I see her in concert, I won't get trampled on by screaming 14 year olds.  :flutter:

lmao did they leak??

giphy.gif

no one would ever win. 

not even her favorite psychic and personal friend fluer can see that far into the future

oh my god :lmao:

I agree with leaked_version... the album has to be game-changing. I don't care about genres, tempos or styles; it just has to be mind-blowing. That's the only thing she can do to stay relevant and respected by critics/the GP these days.