Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Paradise is a lot more commercial than Honeymoon to me though, her only very different sounding album out of them all is UV and even that has her sound. I can understand why people want a sound similar to UV more than the others because it was a step forward rather than staying in the same production. Personally I love her sound so I feel like we should be wanting something completely different, not a new BTD or UV just something with her sound but new. 

Black Beauty is incredible though so anything that sounds like that for me is a winner, Hollywood is a great track too and upbeat for Lana.

I wouldn't take Eclipse's opinion too seriously either, its just one persons review.

qsVmBMd.png

eclipse said she winks so the lead must be a fast paced/upbeat song. i cant imagine her winking to a ballad

Doesn't she wink in the West Coast video?

I kinda feel bad for Rick Nowels, like I don't think it's only his fault that Honeymoon sounds the way it sounds. Kieron Menzies and Lana herself were producers as well and I can imagine that Lana wanted this minimal production.

Anyway, am I the only one who has a hard time trying to get hyped for this album? I love Lana, but I'm not here for "uninspired", "lazy", "weak" (production-wise) songs? I want exciting songs like Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Off To The Races, Ride, Gods & Monsters and most of Ultraviolence. But at least the video seems to be beautiful, I mean, that's something.  :toofunny:

@@Eclipse, do you know who produced the lead single and the title track? We know Justin Parker, Rick Nowels and Emile Haynie worked on this album, right?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I kinda feel bad for Rick Nowels, like I don't think it's only his fault that Honeymoon sounds the way it sounds. Kieron Menzies and Lana herself were producers as well and I can imagine that Lana wanted this minimal production.

This! Everyone blames Rick for everything when in reality Lana has so much say in her own music. I get that Rick doesn't really challenge the way Dan did with Ultraviolence so I think that's one of the problems people have with Rick, but really its Lana's fault not his.

I just want the big budget video's back and it looks like this video is amazing so that is amazing news, all I need now is a bee hive hairstyle, bee stung lips and glamorous styling.

Oh by the way is my set working? I finally managed to get an avatar, is it working?

qsVmBMd.png

The fact of saying that a song is good or bad is something completely subjective. At the end of the day everyone has their own opinion.

So... Do not take Eclipse's opinion very seriously. You decide whether the songs are good or not.

:hooker:

I heard from lanadelnews on Insta in his livestream that we should be expecting LDR5 in early-mid 2017 ??

is he an insider or something?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Doesn't she wink in the West Coast video?

im pretty sure she winked in the part where shes at the beach. she gets close to the camera and winks. but thats at the part where she sings "youve got the music in you" and that part isnt ballad-y

I heard from lanadelnews on Insta in his livestream that we should be expecting LDR5 in early-mid 2017 ??

He also said that the title isn't Subversive ofc but I'm not sure if he knows what the title is or not

is he an insider or something?

he seems to know a lot about the album idk

Buy 'Honeymoon' on iTunes <3

idk I kind of think that lana has covered almost every style that she's capable of in her released music (we can forget about edm or electronic cause she's never going near that) but I almost feel like there can't be anything left for her to do, it's kind of like trying to think of a different colour that you haven't seen before but it's impossible cause all there is is what you know, because lana's really branched out like from hollywood sadcore/hip hop/pop to more like ballads and rock and then jazz as well like what's left for her to do? That's why I think LDR5 will be a surprise if it's nothing like we've heard before from her.

Buy 'Honeymoon' on iTunes <3

idk I kind of think that lana has covered almost every style that she's capable of in her released music (we can forget about edm or electronic cause she's never going near that) but I almost feel like there can't be anything left for her to do, it's kind of like trying to think of a different colour that you haven't seen before but it's impossible cause all there is is what you know, because lana's really branched out like from hollywood sadcore/hip hop/pop to more like ballads and rock and then jazz as well like what's left for her to do? That's why I think LDR5 will be a surprise if it's nothing like we've heard before from her.

That's the problem with fans of any artist, they always have something to compare them too in the past, whether it be a past song or an album. Thing is some artists don't listen to their fans at all but its for the best because they grow and release something their fans didn't even know they wanted or thought that artist was capable of.

qsVmBMd.png

if we end up getting bored, uninspired songs like i can fly and big eyes production- and lyricswise, ugh....i'm gonna be so pissed.

... I mean, guitars and drums girl. The instrumentation will at least not be as boring as ICF/BE, and apparently these lyrics are a fresh, soo I would hold high hopes for a while

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I am worried about eclipse's review of the first single and title track, but i also think that these are taken out of context of the album, and the entire vision of it including visuals like album artwork. I am hopeful that there is something to be offered from that perspective. Also if it's true that it's a feb/march release, we would probably hear something about it really soon! Lana usually announces her albums months before they're released, and the fact that the video's done and that it's on the internet would likely move up her time line in my opinion