Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Lana be like "mixing is so important and takes such a long time" and then we have Video Games which is mixed horribly

anyway, I really hope we get the single in February.

i never understood why mixing takes that long, shouldn't a professional be able to do it in like a week ? oO

She really needs to release the track ASAP so she can limit the damage bc if it did (More than likely will) leak it will affect the albums momentum massively. Lana has everything prepared for it already so what is she waiting for? 

apparently the album is not ready, so maybe they're waiting to finish everything on it to then release the single + album all in the span of a few weeks

giphy.gif

i never understood why mixing takes that long, shouldn't a professional be able to do it in like a week ? oO

ikr. It's literally only adjusting the volume of every single instrument and some EQing

image.png

Im sure this will never happen.

But What if she released a song just in time for Valentines Day, but instead of your typical lana love song she sings about Scamming Sugar Daddies. Kinda Like MPG, but in a Joanne The Scammer way.

Imagine lines like

He thinks its love,

but im just waitin for the day

His heart gives out

So i can stop by the bank

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Im sure this will never happen.

But What if she released a song just in time for Valentines Day, but instead of your typical lana love song she sings about Scamming Sugar Daddies. Kinda Like MPG, but in a Joanne The Scammer way.

Imagine lines like

He thinks its love,

but im just for day

His heart gives out

So i can stop by the bank

totally realistic

ikr. It's literally only adjusting the volume of every single instrument and some EQing

Mixing is the most difficult and time consuming part of making a record - it's easy to do badly, but if you want to do it well (and keeping in mind that once you've done it, it's virtually set in stone forever) it can be an extremely slow process if you have any more than two instruments.

One of the reasons it takes so long is that you can get 'audio fatigue' if you spend too much time listening to the same thing, and you can lose the ability to judge what you're hearing if you don't space it out.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

does Lana actually mix her albums herself tho? I mean it's quite a technical and complex process and usually artists have mixing engineers

They do hire engineers but from what I understand she is present at the sessions and she gives the directions