Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'm not gonna lie. If Honeymoon NEVER existed. I would be fine with that. I think Lana's album's are gradually getting worse. Ranking wise FOR ME is BTD, UV, Paradise, and then HM....AKA would go before HM and Sirens NEVER EXISTED.

There's obviously even slower music than Honeymoon, but I don't think Lana is creative/ambitious/talented enough to go even slower and keep it entertaining at the same time. A 6+ minute long song cannot be composed with a typical structure (verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - chorus).

Ágaetis Byrjun by Sigur Rós is the only extremely slow record that it's mind-blowing from start to finish.

Honeymoon (the song) shouldn't exist, let alone be a promo single and the first track that has killed all anticipation.

The promo singles should have been High By The Beach, Salvatore, Music To Watch Boys To, Art Deco.

She really needs to release the best songs off the album as promo singles and make them real singles later on,

And since she ain't too keen on prmoting live on TV, she can easily perform every week a new song off the album on her VEVO channel with her band.

Like, rent a room with a nice accoustic and perform every week a song for like 5-6 weeks in total.

Something like the live version of Blue Jeans on her Vevo.

Honeymoon (the song) shouldn't exist, let alone be a promo single and the first track that has killed all anticipation.

The promo singles should have been High By The Beach, Salvatore, Music To Watch Boys To, Art Deco.

She really needs to release the best songs off the album as promo singles and make them real singles later on,

And since she ain't too keen on prmoting live on TV, she can easily perform every week a new song off the album on her VEVO channel with her band.

Like, rent a room with a nice accoustic and perform every week a song for like 5-6 weeks in total.

Something like the live version of Blue Jeans on her Vevo.

Art Deco was shit it was just a filler. Honeymoon actually had some value

It has zero. Everybody hated the song in the beginning and very few ppl like it now. The perception of West Coast was pretty mixed, but ppl realised very quickly that it was a great song. That never happend with Honeymoon.

Most ppl actually praise AD, so your point is invalid

It has zero. Everybody hated the song in the beginning and very few ppl like it now. The perception of West Coast was pretty mixed, but ppl realised very quickly that it was a great song. That never happend with Honeymoon.

just because someones opinion differs doesnt mean it's shit

i agree 

I'm not gonna lie. If Honeymoon NEVER existed. I would be fine with that. I think Lana's album's are gradually getting worse. Ranking wise FOR ME is BTD, UV, Paradise, and then HM....AKA would go before HM and Sirens NEVER EXISTED.

lol i respect your opinion but sirens is her first magnum opus

Most people? Where?

I know for a fact that I will love whatever she puts out (even if it takes a while for it to grow on me).

But damnit Lana if you don't have at least 2 bops, what label in their right mind will pay for another music video after HM flopping commercially.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

god no, twigs career lasted for like 3 weeks. uv was lana's interpretation of "unlistenable" whereas twigs music really is unlistenable.

UV unlistenable? Man, you're totally def. And FKA Twigs is definitely not the kind of artist made for charts. Have you seen a concert from her? She's WAYYYY better performer than Lana, even tho I LOVE Lana so much, its the truth.

uv was lana's interpretation of "unlistenable" 

oh my god

goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ULTRAVIOLENCE WAS THE BEST ALBUM OF THE FUCKING MILLENNIUM WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT, AMADEUS? HUH?! 

Wheres your music career? Can't find it :/

I'm not talking about me but if you want, go ahead. Even tho my music career is totally non-existent, just like Marina's singles on the Billboard chart, LMAO. Marina can sweep the floor where Lana is going to walk. Also, do you REALLY want Dr. Luke (the rapist) to work with Lana? Man, c'mon, Lana has pride. She doesn't sell herself for a couple of catchy songs, she has proven she can write her own songs with her own team of writers with no help of any mainstream producer to make her sound current.

6063cd6202b609d1efed06f34d69e5fd63b8ed9d

I think she'll continue to change her sound. I don't think we can just go off of what whoever said the demo of the new stuff sounds like. If you notice, each albums sounds different and I think she knows what she's doing. She'll change her sound again and it'll be different this era. I'd expect it to be different, coming from what it was like from BTD, to UV, to HM....

PNoV6l.gif

oh my god

goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ULTRAVIOLENCE WAS THE BEST ALBUM OF THE FUCKING MILLENNIUM WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT, AMADEUS? HUH?! 

that's how she described UV though.

I'm not talking about me but if you want, go ahead. Even tho my music career is totally non-existent, just like Marina's singles on the Billboard chart, LMAO. Marina can sweep the floor where Lana is going to walk. Also, do you REALLY want Dr. Luke (the rapist) to work with Lana? Man, c'mon, Lana has pride. She doesn't sell herself for a couple of catchy songs, she has proven she can write her own songs with her own team of writers with no help of any mainstream producer to make her sound current.

6063cd6202b609d1efed06f34d69e5fd63b8ed9d

I haven't seen that floor that MariNO can swipe the floor with anybody, tbh.