Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

So I've been in the arse end of nowhere with shite internet for the last few weeks, can someone explain where the word 'subversive' in relation to Lana came from, and why everyone has clung to it?

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

So I've been in the arse end of nowhere with shite internet for the last few weeks, can someone explain where the word 'subversive' in relation to Lana came from, and why everyone has clung to it?

It came from Lana's instagram bio, since instagram is Lana's main way of communicating (considering she did make a whole account for HM)

how possible do you all think it is that LDR5 might sound similar (instrumentally probably, it's anyone's guess as to lyrics) to aka but maybe a little more refined??

UbsOye5.png

What if LDR5 will be an electropop album like Electra Heart?

tumblr_inline_mfo7hrhS1q1rcr9ux.gif

I'd love that, TBH.

:biblio:

I dont get this "she needs to do proper videos again" talk, how were the videos from Honeymoon not proper?

I think that they mean they're lower budget

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

What if LDR5 will be an electropop album like Electra Heart?

tumblr_inline_mfo7hrhS1q1rcr9ux.gif

I'd love that, TBH.

i will kill myself if that happens. Marina totally SUCKS! What Lana needs to do is songs like FKA Twigs if she wants to keep being Alternative artists and if she want to go Pop, maybe something like Borns 'American Money' would fit her voice VERY well. The electropop please leave that shit to Katy Perry and Marina and the Flop Diamonds.

About the subversive thing... Eclipse had made a twitter account called ultrasubversive long way before lana changed her ig description into subversive

Not true.

He has changed his twitter username to ultrasubversive recently, he was @oxtahate before.

Eclipse doesn't have any info about the plans of the album (release date, album name, tracklist and such), he only has some demos she has recorded this year and he assumes they will be on her new record.

They even may not make the final cut.

The rumor of Lana's new album to be named "Subversive" is baseless to be honest.

Let's just wait for an announcement from Lana.

I kinda like Subversive tho.

giphy.gif

What Lana needs to do is songs like FKA Twigs 

god no, twigs career lasted for like 3 weeks. uv was lana's interpretation of "unlistenable" whereas twigs music really is unlistenable.

i76mrxw.png 

I was listening again to all the BBC lounge versions of the Honeymoon album

I love that all of them are done even slower and the arrangements they use for that

If the next album were all like that (even slower) it would be great

The version of Honeymoon, to me, sounds like Led Zeppelin in the slow build a classic rock song like Stairway to heaven has

(it don't need to be fast to achieve it)

It is amazing and no one else has ever done this before Lana

to those that don't say anything nice about Honeymoon the album, it is a deep infectious slow groove opera

and her voice in the lounge is well, simply amazing. Words can't describe it.

Same with her version a few years ago of the Kasabian song, Goodbye Kiss, which I think any hater of Lana should be required to listen to 100 times in a row.

And then say something negative.

Would love her to record that song, it is 100% unknown in America. (For those who haven't heard it, go to youtube and listen).

it all goes back to what she sang and lectured people in "Americans"
"Everyone wants to go fast but they can't compare

I don't eally want the rest, only you can take me there

I don't even know what I'm saying..."

which later on, Leonard Cohen in a recent album had a song called "Slow"

"I'm slowing down the tune

I never liked it fast

You want to get there soon

I want to get there last"

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I love that all of them are done even slower and the arrangements they use for that

NO-Gif.gif

image.png

I don't think she can make it even slower.

Wouldn't it be acapella then or just her voice and strings?

Mfhp.gif

I dont get this "she needs to do proper videos again" talk, how were the videos from Honeymoon not proper?

(2 eras, only 7 videos compared to BTD's era of 6 iconic videos + Young and Beautiful + Chelsea Motel + Ride + Burning Desire + Tropico)

UV era :

1. the west coast video - its ok, couldve been better. her dancing on fire is the only memorable/iconic part of it

2. the SOC video  - amazing! the best video of both eras, actually, one of lanas best videos 

3. the Ultraviolence video - everyone hates it. its nothing special and doesnt make sense with the song

HM era:

1. the HBTB videos - great music video to start the era. very strong and has several memorable moments

2. the MTWBT and Freak videos - have the same recycled footage from the uv era. shouldve been a dual song music video for the premier of freak. nothing special. the shots and editing for freak were awkward. the color correction was horrible and cheap. many scenes didnt make sense to each other, just makes the whole video feel like a filler video. MTWBT had great editing though, and she looked good

3. the HM video (even though it wasnt officially released) - just like the UV video, but a little better. just her strolling around and putting on makeup. but the vintage effects are really cheap.

overall - recent videos have been cheaply/poorly made. iconic videos (like video games and summertime sadness) can be made with a super low budget. out of the 7 videos i mentioned, only 2.5 (putting MTWBT as the half because of its editing and color correction) really could compare to BTD videos. when people (even fans) think of lana del rey, they look back at the BTD era videos, because the UV and HM videos had nothing to give to her career and image.