Jack

Melanie Martinez

part of what made cry baby so good is that each visual drop felt like an event. there was a lot of pre release promo for k-12 but once the film dropped it kinda felt like the era was over. like it's cute to rewatch 2-3 times but i don't yearn to rewatch a whole film all the time like i would a music video.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

For me the Cry Baby videos have a lot of replay value. Mad Hatter, Tag You’re It/Milk and Cookies, Cry Baby, Mrs Potato Head are some of the best music videos I’ve ever seen. I’ve literally never gone back to any videos from K-12 :awkney2:.

I’m not nearly as well versed at all as some of you guys, I’m pretty new to Melanie, but I’m so curious what she can do outside of the Crybaby constraint. She’s a very gifted songwriter and while I love the double meanings, I’d like to see what else she can do. I’m a little optimistic with Crybaby allegedly being dead, but I don’t think she really is. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

12 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

For me the Cry Baby videos have a lot of replay value. Mad Hatter, Tag You’re It/Milk and Cookies, Cry Baby, Mrs Potato Head are some of the best music videos I’ve ever seen. I’ve literally never gone back to any videos from K-12 :awkney2:.

I’m not nearly as well versed at all as some of you guys, I’m pretty new to Melanie, but I’m so curious what she can do outside of the Crybaby constraint. She’s a very gifted songwriter and while I love the double meanings, I’d like to see what else she can do. I’m a little optimistic with Crybaby allegedly being dead, but I don’t think she really is. 

I see you didn’t mention the Dollhouse music video :hooker: If you haven’t seen it already, you should, it’s probably my favorite Mel music video x

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, mssainttropez said:

I see you didn’t mention the Dollhouse music video. If you haven’t seen it already, you should, it’s probably my favorite Mel music video x

I’ve seen all the Cry Baby ones but it’s been awhile for Dollhouse, I’ll have to rewatch it, (honestly not one of my favorite songs from the album, I know I’m in the minority). :toofloppy:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’ve seen all the Cry Baby ones but it’s been awhile for Dollhouse, I’ll have to rewatch it, (honestly not one of my favorite songs from the album, I know I’m in the minority). :toofloppy:

No worries !! I actually feel like I’m in the minority with it being one of my favs lol :kiss3:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I really feel like this era will be big and embody Crybaby in a sense. With the little we know about in the little span of time, it already seems promising :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

tag you're it/milk and cookies double feature is a million dollar motion picture i fear

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

speaking of milk and cookies leak that demo where she says dead dead at the beginning

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

3 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

No worries !! I actually feel like I’m in the minority with it being one of my favs lol :kiss3:

Dollhouse was excellent and is exactly what made me stan in 2014! I watched it again not long ago and actually laughed out loud at the limecrime lipstick product placement. I never bought the collab tho. Did anyone here? 

3 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Dollhouse was excellent and is exactly what made me stan in 2014! I watched it again not long ago and actually laughed out loud at the limecrime lipstick product placement. I never bought the collab tho. Did anyone here? 

I totally forgot about that !! I never bought it LOL

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Also, while I 100% support the new aesthetic, it's already going to turn off a lot of fans that her visuals are changing so much for this album. It's probably not a good idea to release surprise snippets on top of that if people end up disliking them, and the way this rollout looks like it's going isn't attracting the attention she could be getting either way. I just feel like a lot could go wrong here, but hopefully not.

cry baby isnt dead she's just evolving

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif