Jack

Melanie Martinez

7 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

im pretty sure most of the portals sessions we have are all from 2021 excluding a couple tracks

And most of them are just concept/idea tracks. We need more fully finished songs a la dragon's blood, garden, etc

Leaks we NEED

pre cb:

i don’t listen to pre cb tracks

But million men studio

Cb:

kota and kota stems 

animal crackers

shadow puppet

see saw final

k12:

All k-12 sessions (there’s at least 15 more)

all stems

After school:

the intersection of portals and as sessions

(All Maze versions, light shower and womb demos, ndje, barely juice, dragons blood was recorded during the AS era but not during the sessions)

PORTALS:

the intersection of as and portals sessions

(All Maze versions, light shower and womb demos, ndje, barely juice, dragons blood was recorded during the AS era but not during the sessions)

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

13 hours ago, The Siren said:

I actually prefer this one over most of the others, but I think that's just because it's so simple yet effective, and I've been struggling to get used to a lot of the wardrobe we've seen so far.

Like, I LOVE the concept of fairy clothing and earth themes, but the execution with all the torn fabric, grunge elements and randomly sewn patchwork pieces just hasn't been my thing. I'd love to see more detailed costumes and changes like we got in the K-12/AS era, or at least get more outfits like the mossy 2 piece instead of these Depop fairycore dresses. Some of them look more like streetwear to me than anything. Doesn't really fit the "fairy from another world" vibe.

3 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I actually prefer this one over most of the others, but I think that's just because it's so simple yet effective, and I've been struggling to get used to a lot of the wardrobe we've seen so far.

Like, I LOVE the concept of fairy clothing and earth themes, but the execution with all the torn fabric, grunge elements and randomly sewn patchwork pieces just hasn't been my thing. I'd love to see more detailed costumes and changes like we got in the K-12/AS era, or at least get more outfits like the mossy 2 piece instead of these Depop fairycore dresses. Some of them look more like streetwear to me than anything. Doesn't really fit the "fairy from another world" vibe.

peek at the bodysuit being blue but the prosthetics are still pink :deadbanana:

On 6/21/2023 at 4:44 PM, NYMPHOLOGY said:

PORTALS:

the intersection of as and portals sessions

Barely Juice — October 2020

Dragon's Blood — February 2021

lol

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

17 hours ago, The Siren said:

remember they're thirteen, dont be too hard on them.

True I'm just in a melsplaining mood today 

53 minutes ago, WildChild said:

can you melsplain the fingers crossed v0.1/v1 month :defeated:

Umm if I recall correctly v0.1 was March 2021

I just stumbled on a Twitter thread on the demo versions of PORTALS and damn you guys are right... What happened? They are far superior

What would be the best way to rearrange the tracklist? I've seen a lot here but I'd like to have the tracklist be a solid narrative

First we feel; then we fall.

2 hours ago, FrankNotOcean said:

I just stumbled on a Twitter thread on the demo versions of PORTALS and damn you guys are right... What happened? They are far superior

What would be the best way to rearrange the tracklist? I've seen a lot here but I'd like to have the tracklist be a solid narrative

if you want to do that work yourself to suit what your mind likes, you can click through the lyrics, background and/or trivia bits on the fandom wiki https://melanie-martinez.fandom.com/wiki/PORTALS_(album)#Cut_songs

as for my list, its always changing tbh

Edited by The Siren