Jack

Melanie Martinez

Y'all after watching the MV a few times I've thought about how if you read the lyrics, it's obviously about someone only wanting to sleep with Melanie (idk if I can say the word on here). But the concept of the music video leads me to believe that the song could also be about someone or a group of people (her label or her fans or both) or people in general who only want Melanie to act a certain way or they want her to look a certain way. It was a video game where Melanie isn't in control. Someone else is. If y'all have anything to add please do bc I'm going to need more time to think about this. I just LOVE the concept.

i miss when her videos were manic yet interesting. she used to be puking on abandoned carousels and getting kidnapped, now she dances in a filthy frank suit around the woods. i will admit the video game theme was intriguing but i can't with the costumes anymore. 

violets in your eyes

I hope she gets the hint and gives us an ep or album with the scrapped songs we wanted, like another user said they're much more spiritual and pull you more and immerse you vs most of the album losing it's meaning finding it then flying to another planet like wtf???? 

I get it's the third album curse but like girlie do better we know u can. Ur not marinara and the cheese sticks don't kill ur own career 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

honestly so sick and tired of her acting like a victim and like her fans are so awful when she should be thanking ppl still care enough for her to even be given a budget to make these fugly videos and awful "films" shes been putting out. its so embarrassing like nobody is forcing you to be a public figure if you hate it so much

12 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

honestly so sick and tired of her acting like a victim and like her fans are so awful when she should be thanking ppl still care enough for her to even be given a budget to make these fugly videos and awful "films" shes been putting out. its so embarrassing like nobody is forcing you to be a public figure if you hate it so much

Yes but also she isn't even treated that badly, Charli XCX was asked to sign a enema and someone's dead mothers ashes like you don't see Charli pulling this shit 😭 I think her and Melanie need to be friends so Charli can teach her how to deal 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

baby, can you meet me tonight in detention? :sluttybunny:

i can feel your blood pressure rise, fuck this tension :sluttybunny:

let me crawl up into your mind, did I mention? :sluttybunny:

pretending everything's alright is detention :sluttybunny:

deserves to be in her top 10 most streamed 

served choreo, served looks, she pulled this one out of the cuntology books

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Yes but also she isn't even treated that badly, Charli XCX was asked to sign a enema and someone's dead mothers ashes like you don't see Charli pulling this shit 😭 I think her and Melanie need to be friends so Charli can teach her how to deal 

exactly she makes fans feel bad for asking for pictures, NORMAL ones, like ??? her always saying shes being chased down for photos like girl ur not even that famous calm down

5 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Was she playing American McGee's: Alice & Alice: The Madness Returns recently? :ma: Okay point-and-click

No she was not. If she did we'd have a better visual.

2 hours ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I hope she gets the hint and gives us an ep or album with the scrapped songs we wanted, like another user said they're much more spiritual and pull you more and immerse you vs most of the album losing it's meaning finding it then flying to another planet like wtf???? 

I get it's the third album curse but like girlie do better we know u can. Ur not marinara and the cheese sticks don't kill ur own career 

NOT Marinara and the Cheese Sticks :lmao:

6 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Was she playing American McGee's: Alice & Alice: The Madness Returns recently? :ma: Okay point-and-click

That would honestly be good tho. It would be fitting to lean more into that (after Mad Hatter as the Crybaby album closer and the ending of K-12), rather than the spiritual alienified version. she should have kept more of the portals outtakes on the album if she wanted what she's currently going for.

2 hours ago, champainproblms said:

That's exactly why I can't with the "video game" pop-ups in this video. It's so distracting infront of the beautiful portals world. I only liked the ending because it was like a surprise return to the crybaby era.

Also, can anyone really remember any periods of hate, backlash and bad treatment Melanie has had besides the T*mothy situation? Because I certainly don't think she's referencing that time. As far as i know she's really not treated any differently to every other female solo musician out there.

12 hours ago, champainproblms said:

exactly she makes fans feel bad for asking for pictures, NORMAL ones, like ??? her always saying shes being chased down for photos like girl ur not even that famous calm down

but to be fair she got/still absolutely gets treated like she's an attraction and people at concerts scream and sing over her.