Jack

Melanie Martinez

Hi it's me resident LB legal amateur expert (law student lol)

So if she was lying, MM could sue her for libel (which requires her to present the burden of proof of actual malice). The thing is, it's such a risk to come out and accuse a public figure of rape/molestation/etc. that more often than not, the accusations are true. Timothy could lose a considerate about of money and even her career if it was a lie. Additionally, she would get a lot of bad press and to my knowledge, it seems like she is trying to become a musician herself. With all that being said... what's the point of lying? She has so much to lose.

That's kind of the paradigm that appears with a lot of sexual assault cases that involve public figures. Alleged victims have so much to lose from accusing someone of sexual assault. It's better to believe them than to be too skeptical. 

Why the fuck people who are hating Melanie can't understand the probability that Timothy is lying.

Timothy has a band called Dresses which actually opened for Melanie, but it's not a very big band. Her career could be nipped in the bud by making a false allegation on purpose. There's literally no reason for her to be lying about this situation

Zmqor.gif

We love a smart doggo.

I love you too.

Hi it's me resident LB legal amateur expert (law student lol)

So if she was lying, MM could sue her for libel (which requires her to present the burden of proof of actual malice). The thing is, it's such a risk to come out and accuse a public figure of rape/molestation/etc. that more often than not, the accusations are true. Timothy could lose a considerate about of money and even her career if it was a lie. Additionally, she would get a lot of bad press and to my knowledge, it seems like she is trying to become a musician herself. With all that being said... what's the point of lying? She has so much to lose.

That's kind of the paradigm that appears with a lot of sexual assault cases that involve public figures. Alleged victims have so much to lose from accusing someone of sexual assault. It's better to believe them than to be too skeptical. 

!!!!!!!

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

BELIEVE WOMEN / BELIEVE WOMEN

BELIEVE WOMENBELIEVE WOMEN

BELIEVE WOMEN / BELIEVE WOMEN

<3 that's all

You were grouping her in with 'stupid little hoe who decided to tell a lie and had a bunch of raging idiots automatically believe her', don't backpeddle, it's really fucking pathetic lmao

You're an idiot, go put the dunce cap on and sit in the corner girl

why youre so fucking aggressive calm down

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Why the fuck people who are hating Melanie can't understand the probability that Timothy is lying.

we know that there is a probability but that's not what's being discussed

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Can y'all shut the fuck up. Bickering like children will not do anything. I view this situation as "innocent until proven guilty". Weather or not Timothy was raped, I still have the same sentiment. I'm very sorry that she had to go through that. Now, how's everybody's day going.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

if you really cared about rape in society, you wouldn't be wishing rape upon a random stranger on the internet. you'd be protesting in the streets and taking as many college courses to educate yourself on the topic.

take a fucking sip

" i flat out hope you do" isn't that a statement with intentions that somebody gets injured, damaged, or inflicted with pain? in retribution for something done/not done is understanding the scrutiny of victims and how much doubt they go through.. im js all around it's a bad look n isn't pretty, obv no need to play nice but it's a p harsh statement ngl

...... girl really I know you're trying to be reasonable and just diffuse stuff but am I really having to explain what a threat is to you?

Saying, 'i'm going to throw a brick at your head' is a threat, 'i'll get you back for that' is a threat

Hoping something bad happens to someone isn't 'a threat'

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

take a fucking sip, but if you really cared about rape in society, you wouldn't be wishing rape upon a random stranger on the internet. you'd be protesting in the streets and taking as many college courses to educate yourself on the topic.

i knew lb had idiots, but i didn't think they'd contradict themselves this much. @Harlem , all the points previously made by the people who defend timothy were just brought down a notch just from your stupid comment

I'm sorry but no matter how far Harlem went, I think it's clear that you are the one that don't care about rape in society

Why don't they just do a lie detector test like on Jeremy Kyle

lie detectors aren't exactly reliable.  don't they just test heartrate or something similar that can be trained to be misleading?  

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

if you really cared about rape in society, you wouldn't be wishing rape upon a random stranger on the internet. you'd be protesting in the streets and taking as many college courses to educate yourself on the topic.

take a fucking sip

LMAO I have more than enough education on the topic than most people in this topic and have even spoke at courses on it so GAG at telling me I need to take a COURSE on rape to make these comments?

Try again you grade a moron

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

wow its crazy how when something that considered a crime, there needs to be proof. wow they should totally take that away, so i can wrongly accuse all my enemies without needing any proof. wow what a perfect world

why you talk about " being falsely accusing of rape" like this happens each 2 minutes

oh by the way, each 98 seconds, an american is sexually assaulted (imagine the statistics of another countries)

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I'm sorry but noatter how far Harlem went, I think it's clear that you are the one that don't care about rape in society

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

someone just said they wished i got raped and you think me saying y'all need to think a little more before automatically thinking something is true is worse ??

are y'all trying to stop rape or wishing it upon people? what your goal?

w7zflsm.gif

ok this was messy now it's jus more messy judgement day is gonna strike on some asses when mama comes home n i don't wanna be washed