Jack

Melanie Martinez

thinking about this toy chest concept when tracklist consist out of all toys related titles and every song one way or another tells is about mostly fucked up things (like rocking horse, jumprope, dollhouse etc) with some kind of a story related to her/to her character, and then toy chest would be the closing track where she cleans up from this mess trhrowing these toys in the chest u know! i May try to make a decent tracklist cuz it seems pretty interesting to me

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

thinking about this toy chest concept when tracklist consist out of all toys related titles and every song one way or another tells is about mostly fucked up things (like rocking horse, jumprope, dollhouse etc) with some kind of a story related to her/to her character, and then toy chest would be the closing track where she cleans up from this mess trhrowing these toys in the chest u know! i May try to make a decent tracklist cuz it seems pretty interesting to me

omg this is so interesting woww!! i like this idea . i was literally so curious about what the concept could’ve been since this was considered the title track for a while. so cool

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

omg this is so interesting woww!! i like this idea . i was literally so curious about what the concept could’ve been since this was considered the title track for a while. so cool

I think this theme would be even better if she herself was the Toy Chest, and it was all a metaphor for the way we have to go through life carrying our trauma and trying to "clean it up".

16 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I think this theme would be even better if she herself was the Toy Chest, and it was all a metaphor for the way we have to go through life carrying our trauma and trying to "clean it up".

giving Hyper-Ballad vibes I love it

9 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

that’s exactly what it says about that album… aged like milk 

we need more CB outtakes, her best and only era :bebe:

nah i think if y'all got cb outtakes officially released and got snippets/leaks of portal songs you would be like "ommggg these songs suckkk please leak more portal songsss!!! wish she released thosee"" just cause they would be unreleased. this morbid fetish for unreleased songs needs to ENNNNND

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

nah i think if y'all got cb outtakes officially released and got snippets/leaks of portal songs you would be like "ommggg these songs suckss please leak more portalsongsss wish she released thosee"" just cause they would be unreleased. this morbid fetish for unreleased songs needs to ENNNNND

nothing like that, we are talking about quality my dear… for example, I don’t need more After School leaks cause they are trash (except maybe Function and History). Also some of the portals outtakes are good (Garden, Dragons Blood, Barely Juice, Needle & Thread), but she didn’t include them cause she changed the theme from “medieval” to “fairy” in the last minute, and the results are a disaster. I don’t need no more Oliver Tree diss tracks thanks… still have PTSD after BOTL 

is not a fetish more so, that the CB outtakes are far superior to anything she has put out later and that’s facts 

Although some K-12 leaks have been good so far and I’m curious to hear what they sound like (we all know she loves to leave the best unreleased)